• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival (July 14 - November 19, 2022)

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
So here it is for 2022. The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival planning thread on the Disboards!

The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival will begin on July 14, 2022 and will conclude on November 19, 2022

Here is the link for the 2021 Festival Planning Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...stival-concluded-on-november-20-2021.3831184/

Here is the link for the 2020 Festival Planning Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...food-and-wine-festival-has-now-ended.3792154/

Here's the link for the 2019 Festival Planning Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-festival-august-29-november-23-2019.3743358/

The Swan/Dolphin Food and Wine Classic is scheduled for November 11 - November 12, 2022; reservations for rooms and packages are currently available: https://swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

Last edited:
Reserved for Information on the Culinary Demonstrations, Beverage Seminars, and Special Events:

Eat to the Beat Concert Series

• July 14-15 – Baha Men
  • July 16-18 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
  • July 29-30 – Taylor Dayne
  • July 31-Aug. 1 – Tiffany
  • Aug. 5-8 – Joey Fatone & Friends
  • Aug. 12-13 – The Devon Allman Project
  • Aug. 14-15 – Christopher Cross
  • Aug. 19-20 – Journey former Lead Vocalist Steve Augeri
  • Aug. 21-22 – Air Supply
  • Sept. 2-3 – Southern Avenue
  • Sept. 4-5 – Kris Allen & David Cook
  • Sept. 9-10 – Hoobastank (NEW)
  • Sept. 16-17 – Los Amigos Invisibles (NEW)
  • Sept. 23-24 – BBMak
  • Sept. 30-Oct. 1 – Stokley (NEW)
  • Oct. 2-3 – Sheila E.
  • Oct. 7-8 – Mark Wills
  • Oct. 9-10 – 38 Special
  • Oct. 23-24 – Billy Ocean
  • Oct. 28-31 – Hanson
  • Nov. 4-7 – Boyz II Men
Beginning May 24, you can secure your spot at a show by reserving an Eat to the Beat Dining Package available Friday-Monday.

Reserved for information on the Global Marketplace Menus:

Reserved for Additional Information on the 2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival:

Reserved for Additional Information on the 2022 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival:

So... I'm not sure if this is where I post for discussion on the Food and Wine Festival - apologies if I'm in the wrong place. I'm thrilled that the announcement covers the dates of our August trip! Back in the Golden Era, before the plague and pestilence, there lived a mythical beast named Free Dining. We would trade in almost ALL of our counter service credits for snacks and graze our way around the world. I will miss the game of Eat Your Snacks - having to pay each time might take away some of the magic. I'm contemplating suspending the concept of money and just foraging freely with my wristband. We have a few wristbands kicking around from previous trips that are still linked to our park tickets - will these work for payment if the batteries are gone, or will we need to buy new ones?

Any strategies for snacking your way around the world that you'd care to share?

So... I'm not sure if this is where I post for discussion on the Food and Wine Festival - apologies if I'm in the wrong place. I'm thrilled that the announcement covers the dates of our August trip! Back in the Golden Era, before the plague and pestilence, there lived a mythical beast named Free Dining. We would trade in almost ALL of our counter service credits for snacks and graze our way around the world. I will miss the game of Eat Your Snacks - having to pay each time might take away some of the magic. I'm contemplating suspending the concept of money and just foraging freely with my wristband. We have a few wristbands kicking around from previous trips that are still linked to our park tickets - will these work for payment if the batteries are gone, or will we need to buy new ones?

Your magicband must be linked to a current on-property resort reservation AND you have to have "turned on" the ability to charge. Once your resort reservation has ended, the ability to charge using that magic band no longer works even if you still have active park tickets. As a semi-local, I hope that they're working toward the ability in the future to link a credit card to your My Disney Experience overall but for now it's limited to resort reservations. An alternative method to easily purchase at the booths without thinking too much about it would be to buy one of the wristlet gift cards, load it with what you've budgeted (or perhaps less - can always add $ on and wouldn't want to lose it b/c if lost, it's gone).

And should I bring our Food and Wine Fest dining plates from our last trip (reuse, reduce, recycle)?
Sure. Personally I don't find that I use mine often unless it's a really busy day (I use as more of a tray to try to get my food, drink, utensils back to table or trash can) but if you use it, I say bring it! They don't really change year to year other than the design/logo.

Oh Yes, you asked your question in the right place! I would review the menus when the global marketplace information is released and prioritize the food items you'd like to try. At some point, the Epcot festival guide map will be available which will indicate where each of the marketplace kiosks are located. You should be able to print one out and then you can plan your strategy on eating around the "world".

In terms of Magic Bands, as long as you have a credit or debit card linked to the band, it should work for payment. You also need to be a registered guest at a Disney Resort. However there are times that the registers at the kiosks may be down for electronic payments and the only method of payment will be cash. So keep some cash on hand just in case.

the registers at the kiosks may be down for electronic payments and the only method of payment will be cash. So keep some cash on hand just in case.
Well - that's a sensible tip. I don't think I've done that in the past, so I've just been fortunate that the systems have never gone down. Given that this trip will be in August, do the parks have more frequent outages and power issues, given the passing storms?

Your magicband must be linked to a current on-property resort reservation AND you have to have "turned on" the ability to charge.
I read that if the batteries in our bands are dead, they will still work for Park entry (they're linked to our passes) - will we be able to use them to charge to our resort reservation, or will we have to purchase new ones with functional batteries?

buy one of the wristlet gift cards, load it with what you've budgeted
I'm thinking the easiest would be to just use my Apple watch - between my wrist band, phone, and apple watch (and the tip to keep some cash on hand), I SHOULD be covered! I'd like to have my son's magicband linked to the credit card/room reservation though, so he can freewheel around without having to carry (i.e. LOSE) his phone.

I read that if the batteries in our bands are dead, they will still work for Park entry (they're linked to our passes) - will we be able to use them to charge to our resort reservation, or will we have to purchase new ones with functional batteries?
Old MBs will work pretty much indefinitely for functions where you touch Mickey to Mickey, including charging to your Disney resort reservation. The batteries matter only for long-distance functions such as linking ride photos to your MDE account.

Old MBs will work pretty much indefinitely for functions where you touch Mickey to Mickey, including charging to your Disney resort reservation. The batteries matter only for long-distance functions such as linking ride photos to your MDE account.
Excellent - thank you! Using our existing bands will save a good amount of money. I'll read up on the MagicApp for Apple watch as well - having options is the way to go.

Excellent - thank you! Using our existing bands will save a good amount of money. I'll read up on the MagicApp for Apple watch as well - having options is the way to go.
Yes, I love using my Apple Watch as a MB. The only differences are that the watch won’t link ride photos (have to link your MDE to Bluetooth on your phone) or open resort room doors (need to use MDE on your phone).

Our favorite event at F&W is the Italian Regional lunch. It was always in a very crowded space, so I am not optimistic that it will be back. It also bring the further problem of getting a park reservation for that day.
I'm staying in touch here and Disney Food blog to get best information.

Our favorite event at F&W is the Italian Regional lunch. It was always in a very crowded space, so I am not optimistic that it will be back. It also bring the further problem of getting a park reservation for that day.
I'm staying in touch here and Disney Food blog to get best information.
That is also one of my favorite special events. I'm hoping that at least some of the special events and seminars return this year. Those events are my favorite part of the festival.

Yes, the park reservations will bring a new wrinkle with the festival, especially since often the events are not announced very far in advance. It's just 80 more days until the start of the festival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter