2022 Point Charts Are Out

The BLT spread is interesting. August 2BR went from 47/51/62 to 51/59/69. There's an extra five points in the spread, seems like it's all coming from theme park premium. And that's moving August down a season, which should have been cheaper.

Makes no sense, but I think it's happening at other resorts too. At Riviera, early December, studios are unchanged, but 1 and 2 bedrooms are raised.

1 and 2 br used to be a value...i think disney realized they were under priced and is "fixing" it.

Our BRV and OKW F & W increased which for us personally, will just be 2022. After that (skip 2023) we'll be January and BRV, OKW and HHI will be the same hopefully, as we will be using about 600+ points. If you are on a tight points budget F & W will be tough.

Last edited:

Attachments

• POLY.pdf
    142.9 KB · Views: 34
  • OKW.pdf
    141.1 KB · Views: 26
  • HH.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 4
  • BWV.pdf
    146.4 KB · Views: 19
  • BCV.pdf
    139.4 KB · Views: 17
  • VWL.pdf
    140.4 KB · Views: 5
  • CCV.pdf
    149.7 KB · Views: 15
  • AKV.pdf
    149.9 KB · Views: 23
  • BLT.pdf
    148.4 KB · Views: 22
  • AUL.pdf
    138.1 KB · Views: 7
Also checking so far Riviera is "off" by (2021 vs 2022):
Studio Std -129 points of 6969 (-1.8% points)
1BR Std +107 points of 14822 for the year (+0.7% points)
2BR Std +128 points of 19403 for the year (+0.6% points)
*This is for a single room booking all days in the year so you can attribute some of the variation to be with when days of the week fall between seasons.

Also outlined by @Sandisw and I would agree is that it seems that each room category is being balanced separately for each season. Its why you will see some resorts with weird adjustments of only 1BRs going up as an example.

What happens the week after Easter that drives it into the most expensive season along with Christmas? I would almost never travel at that time, but what am I missing?

What happens the week after Easter that drives it into the most expensive season along with Christmas? I would almost never travel at that time, but what am I missing?

Not sure what you are referring to. Easter in 2022 is April 17 and only April 10-17 is in the highest booking season. April 18-23, right after Easter, is still in the season below that like that post-Easter time was in 2021 (but was dated April 5-10 because Easter is April 4 in 2021).

Of note, that was actually a major change made in the 2021 charts. Before 2021 the Saturday, a week before Easter, through the Friday after Easter was in Premier season. In 2021, the Monday to Friday after Easter got dropped to the season below the highest point season and that continues in 2022.

Last edited:
The 2022 DVC Point Charts for all DVC Resorts have been updated in the DVC RESOURCE CENTER here on the DIS. The link is also pinned at the top of each DVC discussion forum.

The maintenance fees will be updated once they are validated at the DVC Annual Meeting later this week and then recalculated to include possible credits from the overestimated 2020 property taxes and any "refund" due to the shutdown of resorts due to the pandemic.

DVC expects to have the 2021 annual fees reported on the Member website by December 17, 2020 and those final results will be updated here once available.

:( wow - my week in October/November went from 107 to 114 next year to 122 for 2021. Not liking this.

Last edited:
Not sure what you are referring to. Easter in 2022 is April 17 and only April 10-17 is in the highest booking season. April 18-23, right after Easter, is still in the season below that like that post-Easter time was in 2021 (but was dated April 5-10 because Easter is April 4 in 2021).

Of note, that was actually a major change made in the 2021 charts. Before 2021 the Saturday, a week before Easter, through the Friday after Easter was in Premier season. In 2021, the Monday to Friday after Easter got dropped to the season below the highest point season and that continues in 2022.
I'm an idiot...I was looking at the 2022 point chart but Easter 2021. Makes sense now.

I am happy to see this as a result of them basing it on DVC demand and not necessarily the cash side.

WHY on Earth would you be happy about this? More of us "older folk" love F/W, and now the points are higher during that time.. Lower points in the "heat of Central Fla" when us "older folk" can't take the heat.... Good for "school age" children during summer break I guess... THEY may be happy... Me and
LOTS of others... NO!

WHY on Earth would you be happy about this? More of us "older folk" love F/W, and now the points are higher during that time.. Lower points in the "heat of Central Fla" when us "older folk" can't take the heat.... Good for "school age" children during summer break I guess... THEY may be happy... Me and
LOTS of others... NO!

DVC is supposed to balance demand across the year. Demand for fall is clearly out of balance with summer.

DVC is supposed to balance demand across the year. Demand for fall is clearly out of balance with summer.

We have owned BWV for 21 years. For the Longest time, they did not make the point changes that they have in the past 2-3 years. Don't remember THIS much "point change" before. Would love to see "point changes" over the last 20 years on a spreadsheet... That may be true as they can "adjust" for demand, but still not "HAPPY" about it..

We have owned BWV for 21 years. For the Longest time, they did not make the point changes that they have in the past 2-3 years. Don't remember THIS much "point change" before. Would love to see "point changes" over the last 20 years on a spreadsheet... That may be true as they can "adjust" for demand, but still not "HAPPY" about it..

Honestly, they should have been adjusting long since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter