2022 Trip Planning Thread

I'm starting to get my Disney gift cards in the mail from the movie rewards. They only let you order one a day and max four. $40 is still $40. I could buy a lot of snacks with that. If you've got movie rewards, the gift cards are back in stock!

I'm starting to get my Disney gift cards in the mail from the movie rewards. They only let you order one a day and max four. $40 is still $40. I could buy a lot of snacks with that. If you've got movie rewards, the gift cards are back in stock!
Could you go over that a bit more? Very interested in your strategy! What movie rewards do you mean? :)

We've done the Disney Vancouver-Pacific Coast relocating cruise in the past and really enjoyed it. The benefit is the relocating cruise is a bit shorter, and Disneyland is pretty much right there so you could do both.
We have booked this cruise April 2022! We are very excited as e have never cruised before. We are flying to LAX, then 2 days at DL, taking the Surfliner to San Diego and then 5 days cruise. So happy!

Could you go over that a bit more? Very interested in your strategy! What movie rewards do you mean? :)

It's called Disney Movie Insiders now. Every time you buy a Disney movie or go see a movie in theatres you can upload your receipt and get points. If you have enough points saved up they offer some decent rewards. I save mine for when the $10 gift cards are back in stock. They only let you order one a day up to four times. They sell out quick so keep checking regularly. Hope that helps! :)

Decided it was too risky to keep my September 4-12 All-Star Movies vacation (am bummed). Rebooking now for January 8-15, 2021 (my traveling companion was very adamant I rebook as quickly as possible for her to consider not going in September lol).

Flights are a smidge for expensive so far but not substantial (about $100 more) so I'm happy about that. Currently on hold with Airmiles to get them rebooked from September to January.

I am dreading the call to WDW lol. Movies isn't available for my new dates so I'm going to change to Music but I've already paid for the resort for September and am hoping they can just transfer my money over (it's actually slightly cheaper at Music for the period). We'll see. Also have to see how much it's going to cost to upgrade my tickets as they expire September 26. Am hoping it's not too pricey.

Decided it was too risky to keep my September 4-12 All-Star Movies vacation (am bummed). Rebooking now for January 8-15, 2021 (my traveling companion was very adamant I rebook as quickly as possible for her to consider not going in September lol).

Flights are a smidge for expensive so far but not substantial (about $100 more) so I'm happy about that. Currently on hold with Airmiles to get them rebooked from September to January.

I am dreading the call to WDW lol. Movies isn't available for my new dates so I'm going to change to Music but I've already paid for the resort for September and am hoping they can just transfer my money over (it's actually slightly cheaper at Music for the period). We'll see. Also have to see how much it's going to cost to upgrade my tickets as they expire September 26. Am hoping it's not too pricey.

Can you not do the change online? I was able to change my hotel reservation online, but tickets is another question I guess, if you already have them.

Can you not do the change online? I was able to change my hotel reservation online, but tickets is another question I guess, if you already have them.

My MDE states I need to call to change dates. Not sure why. On hold now. :)

EDIT: just over an hour on hold initially. Through to tickets. On hold again lol (she's transferring over the tickets to the new dates and searching for discounts). If she can't find any discounts for me, it's $398.24USD extra (original tickets were CDN resident promo). So that sucks. Then she said she'd transfer me to resorts in a priority line as the hold wait is currently over 2 hours there (OMG).

Last edited:

Havent read through the whole thread....does anyone have any info on travel insurance. In particular cancellation policies if you contract Covid before you leave Canada? My work benefits cover contracting during the trip but I havent been able to find any insurance company to cover for pre trip cancellation. Any info is helpful. TIA

Havent read through the whole thread....does anyone have any info on travel insurance. In particular cancellation policies if you contract Covid before you leave Canada? My work benefits cover contracting during the trip but I havent been able to find any insurance company to cover for pre trip cancellation. Any info is helpful. TIA
Not sure if this helps. We booked a non-disney package ( 😞 I know, I know) for 2022. All Inclusive package through an airline vacation deal. I purchased the higher insurance that was $99/person. It allows cancel anytime and any reason with full refund at 24h prior. I asked about COVID and fine print and was told as long as it's in the time frame they don't ask about cancellation reason. I've got time, but I will need to look into what my work offers as well, just incase a positive shows up on trip.

We took the "cancel for any reason" insurance. We didn't do alot of surfing around over the price. Our 90yr old Mom lives with us and we have many animals on our farm. Any problems with the farm would not normally be covered. It's just the cost of us getting away unfortunately. It's a rebook not a refund but that's okay! We must go on vacation!

I think most airlines are including free cancelation on any flights booked by the end of this month, and I'm sure with how things are going they'll extend that. Most hotels also allow cancelations up to 24hrs before check in. So unless you're booking something that's nonrefundable, I don't think you need insurance for before the trip.

T
Not sure if this helps. We booked a non-disney package ( 😞 I know, I know) for 2022. All Inclusive package through an airline vacation deal. I purchased the higher insurance that was $99/person. It allows cancel anytime and any reason with full refund at 24h prior. I asked about COVID and fine print and was told as long as it's in the time frame they don't ask about cancellation reason. I've got time, but I will need to look into what my work offers as well, just incase a positive shows up on trip.
Who did you book it through that offer the cancel anytime insurance?

Thanks for all the other responses :)

T

Who did you book it through that offer the cancel anytime insurance?

Thanks for all the other responses :)
Our trip package was with Air Transat, using a friend who is a TA. I purchased their flex insurance and if we cancel I only lose the insurance payment.

Air Canada has similar. We moved a 2020 cancelled trip through them and the cost at the time included their insurance package. It also allows cancel any reason 24h out. Not sure the cost though as it was included as a promotion.

Anyone else getting nervous about their trips next year? I'm worried for my January trip. I'm hoping against hope that the borders open up soon so we can start planning our trip for good. There's also a worry about catching COVID with the numbers so bad in Florida. Both of us are vaccinated but it would be awful if we still got sick. We haven't been in 5 years and I'm desperate to go back.

Yes I'm already getting concerned about our August Europe cruises 😬🤦 Maybe I'm just in a "mood" right now but I have a nagging feeling at the back of my mind I can't shake :(

I am concerned about my cruises in March and August. Because of mixed vaccines. For March, if we can't cruise, I will probably do Disney/Universal instead. And if we can't cruise by August, we'll I don't know what I will do at that point.

I am still hoping the drive border will open at some point and I can go to the US, get one dose of J&J and satisfy their requirements. Day trip, one test done here to cover the both requirements, and done. That is my hope, if the CDC never does accept mixed. I figure with the way things are going it will be Moderna boosters, and then I will have one of everything.

I am not really expecting my late January trip to actually happen. Our kids are too young to be vaccinated, and I think it's maybe 50-50 that they would be vaccinated by then. I'm also not sure it would be worth the money with all the hassles that come along with travelling right now.

Not ready to give up hope just yet, but it's not looking great.

Us and the kids are all fully vaccinated and we have flights booked (using credits) for our WDW March break 2022 trip.

Every day I try to be hopeful that the situation down there will improve by year end, but realistically, I am very doubtful.

I guess all we can do is hope. In the meantime tell me what weird things you pack to go to Disney. We always make sure to bring our own straws (the paper ones in the park do not last long), our kettle for my tea in the morning, toilet paper (Disney's is so bad!) and a brita filter water bottle instead of paying the $3.50 a bottle in parks. This year I'm wanting to go more simple with what I bring into the park so I'm thinking of getting a fanny pack. My husband will definitely be embarrassed lol but it looks so much more comfortable than say a backpack.

This year I'm wanting to go more simple with what I bring into the park so I'm thinking of getting a fanny pack. My husband will definitely be embarrassed lol but it looks so much more comfortable than say a backpack.

I personally believe the only place for a fanny pack is a theme park, where you are surrounded by people who you will never see again. Key is to just take it off and hold during some pictures or to turn it to your back. Sometimes you just don't wanna see it later lol :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter