2023 Discount Question

Disnerd6838

Mouseketeer
Good afternoon,
I’m staying at Carribean Beach Aug 2-9.

I qualified for $700 in Disney dining credits as a result of the dining promotion.

I just saw they released a Disney Visa discount for the same date of 30% off for carribean beach stays ($676 savings).

My question is am I eligible for both deals or do I need to choose one. Also given I’ve already paid in full would they just refund the difference if I chose the 30% discount?

Thank you!
- Mike

You need to chose 1 promotion, you cannot stack them. I don't recall the details -- was your dining promotion a package, and the Disney Visa is room-only? If so they may need to cancel the first and refund it, but you can ask if they can transfer the funds to the new reservation. Package and room-only reservations are separate systems. Also be aware that your exact room category and resort may or may not qualify for the new promotion.

Also, for the Disney Visa offer, you need to pay at least the deposit with your Disney Visa. If you did not use that credit card, you’ll probably need to make a new reservation to qualify.

You would need to pick one or the other. If you choose to move to the 30% off and you're paid in full, the difference usually goes on your room as a credit (and when you charge on your magic band it'll get deducted from that), at least that's been my experience.

If you didn't use your Disney Visa for your deposit, you would need to cancel and rebook anyway though.

Although you can’t stack them, having the two options is nice because you can decide which method of discount is better for you. But Disney is careful not to give away the farm - the dining card promo states early on that : “Get up to a $750 Disney Dining Promo Card when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night, 4-day vacation package that includes:”.

Good afternoon,
I’m staying at Carribean Beach Aug 2-9.

I qualified for $700 in Disney dining credits as a result of the dining promotion.

I just saw they released a Disney Visa discount for the same date of 30% off for carribean beach stays ($676 savings).

My question is am I eligible for both deals or do I need to choose one. Also given I’ve already paid in full would they just refund the difference if I chose the 30% discount?

Thank you!
- Mike
Looks like you will be better off with the dining credit, it's easy to spend $700 on food. Unless of course you are very light eaters, then the 30% off may be better. Check to make sure the room type is the same, sometimes it's not or what is available for booking is not the lowest rated room. The least expensive rooms go fast! It is a good room discount, I don't remember a 30% discount for a moderate in a long time.

35% at POR which is more than i've ever seen. just happens to not be available the week i'm booked in august so keeping the dining credits.

If I had a choice between the two I would just compare as to which makes the most sense.

- Do you need the required tickets? I don't so the Visa is the better deal.
- Do you think you will spend all that dining food? Some are light quick service eaters.

Pick the one that works the best for your style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter