2023 Fall Itineraries are out

I am sure it's coming to Australia. The circumstantial evidence is convincing.

1.The unnamed ship listed on the Port of Sydney.
2. dcl registering their business in Oz
3. No Wonder release info yet. I imagine Disney are waiting to start a local promotion for DCL with all the media fanfare.
This would be a dream of our family. I hope it is true. I have so many miles and travel credit
saved just waiting for this....or Japan. lol

BUT....I haven't heard of even a leak.

I am sure it's coming to Australia. The circumstantial evidence is convincing.

1.The unnamed ship listed on the Port of Sydney.
2. dcl registering their business in Oz
3. No Wonder release info yet. I imagine Disney are waiting to start a local promotion for DCL with all the media fanfare.
The Wonder is not in any condition to be doing any kind of grand reveal brand new itinerary.

The Wonder is not in any condition to be doing any kind of grand reveal brand new itinerary.
I know I haven’t been on her since March 2020, but why do you think she’s in such bad shape? When we were on for the WBPC, everything looked and functioned beautifully.

There was propeller damage last week, but it’s been fixed.

I know I haven’t been on her since March 2020, but why do you think she’s in such bad shape? When we were on for the WBPC, everything looked and functioned beautifully.

There was propeller damage last week, but it’s been fixed.
I was on the sailing that took the propeller damage. There's nothing egregiously bad, it's just not in prime form for a big sexy reveal. Worn chairs in the dining rooms, worn carpets on 3, 4, and 5, janky seats in the theaters, fading and peeling in the kids club, slightly askew drawers in the staterooms, the lack of touchless door openers, random passageways that are too steep for wheelchairs or strollers, uneven backlighting on Funnel Vision, unlevel flooring in Cabanas, heck even the lack of a second waterslide.

I don't think it's unfit to sail or bad show per se, it just needs some sprucing up if it's going to open a brand new port for the Company.

I disagree. Even have their aussie website is sitting there directed from disneycruiseline.com.au to http://magicalholidays.com.au/
This would be a dream of our family. I hope it is true. I have so many miles and travel credit
saved just waiting for this....or Japan. lol

BUT....I haven't heard of even a leak.
"According to Disney Cruise Line’s Jeff Van Laneveld, the Vice President of Marketing & Sales International, Disney Cruise Line may start sailings in Australia.
Mr Van Laneveld told Cruise Weekly: “Australia and New Zealand are big cruise markets with a strong affinity for Disney, so naturally that’s going to be a big focus for us going forward.

“We will need to expand beyond our current itineraries and markets.”
Source:
https://cruisepassenger.com.au/news/is-disney-cruise-line-headed-to-australia/

Then you have the port schedule declaring an unnamed ship from an unnamed line which is what Disney does when they want to release into a new itinerary. All other lines are listed.
Screenshot_20220722-091824_Chrome.jpg

Plus, DCL has registered as a business in Australia.

I don't know how much more evidence you need!

I disagree.
When was the last time you were on the Wonder? Because I got off of it three days ago.

Yes, Disney WILL be sailing in Australia someday, maybe someday soon. But there's no reason to conclude that the absence of the Wonder from the Fall 2023 calendar is the Aussie launch.

I don't think we see the Australia debut until DCL6 sets sail.

I was on the sailing that took the propeller damage. There's nothing egregiously bad, it's just not in prime form for a big sexy reveal. Worn chairs in the dining rooms, worn carpets on 3, 4, and 5, janky seats in the theaters, fading and peeling in the kids club, slightly askew drawers in the staterooms, the lack of touchless door openers, random passageways that are too steep for wheelchairs or strollers, uneven backlighting on Funnel Vision, unlevel flooring in Cabanas, heck even the lack of a second waterslide.

I don't think it's unfit to sail or bad show per se, it just needs some sprucing up if it's going to open a brand new port for the Company.
Thanks for sharing.

Australia - yes, it is not confirmed, but as pointed out the evidence shows that it is promising.

Whatever this ship is and whoever owns it, it will sail into Sydney on October 27 2023. It will firstly dock at White Bay Cruise Terminal. This is a smaller (?) terminal around the corner from the Overseas Passenger Terminal in Sydney Harbour. It will stay there for the day - enough time for media promotions etc. Then it will sail around the corner in the afternoon to the Overseas Passenger Terminal, ready to take passengers on the 28th and set sail out of Sydney harbour. Then it will return and continue in and out of the harbour for the next few months.

I was not aware that the Wonder had sustained damage and it has been a few years since I have sailed on it.
But with faith, hope and pixie dust, it might just be happening.

The full list of unnamed ship dates at Sydney Port are here
That list of dates doesn't make much sense, though. First, why is the ship going to three different terminals in Sydney? That seems weird to me. But maybe the Wonder really does go to White Bay on October 27 for a press event and then moves over to the Overseas terminal on October 28 for operations. Then, the first cruise is 4 nights, but the next two cruises are 16 nights and 26 nights? And why is the switchover happening at yet a third terminal (Eden)? Then it's a mix of 2- to 7-night gaps with random moving around between terminals and then finally an 11-night gap that again moves from one terminal to another.

Plus, they're going to leave Australia in early February, before the peak season ends? That's kind of weird, too.

I mean, I guess it could happen, but something's up with those dates.

No. I believe the Magic first did PC sailings in 2005 or so, prior to the reconfiguration of the duck tail and addition of the water slide.
You are correct. I was on the Magic EBPC in August 2005 and the Magic again in May 2008 for the 15 night WBPC.

All these things are true. I too was on this sailing and was shocked at uneven floors in many places in the ship, particularly throughout our stateroom and up and down the corridors on deck 8. The floors are visibly wavy and on their way to feeling like a fun house. And I'd also like to mention the decking on 9 that is mismatched (2 clearly different materials) and the bits between the boards on 4 were peeling up. I mentioned the rust and flaky paint in the survey as well as the very worn seats in Triton's. It honestly felt like the ship is due for major rework. Also, we've done all 4 ships and the Wonder struck me as very loud, mechanically I mean. It was not reassuring.

Not complaining about these things because I'm certainly not firm and shiny anymore either but I was shocked at the condition of the Wonder.

All these things are true. I too was on this sailing and was shocked at uneven floors in many places in the ship, particularly throughout our stateroom and up and down the corridors on deck 8. The floors are visibly wavy and on their way to feeling like a fun house. And I'd also like to mention the decking on 9 that is mismatched (2 clearly different materials) and the bits between the boards on 4 were peeling up. I mentioned the rust and flaky paint in the survey as well as the very worn seats in Triton's. It honestly felt like the ship is due for major rework. Also, we've done all 4 ships and the Wonder struck me as very loud, mechanically I mean. It was not reassuring.

Not complaining about these things because I'm certainly not firm and shiny anymore either but I was shocked at the condition of the Wonder.
Conversely, we were on the Magic a few weeks ago and she is IMHO quite good shape. The only thing I really noticed was one of the midship elevators seemed to always be out. However, the carpet seemed just as new as it did on the Wish (though it wasn’t shedding like it was on the Wish), all the public spaces were well kept, and this voyage, I hardly noticed any rust. Not sure if she had a recent dry dock, but we all thought she was in great shape.

Struggling. Can’t decide if I want a 7 night western nov. 4th out of Port Canaveral or if I want to do a b2b out of Fort Lauderdale Nov. 30 Bahamas (4 nights) and Dec 4 western (5 nights). I have 2 placeholders I need to use by February/April 2024. Though I could book and move them during the next release. I was hoping for an eastern Caribbean 8 night, but nothing. I like the San Juan 7 night, but don’t want to fly….tried to work out the b2b2b, but got a headache. I need to decide by today. My TA had a death in the family and she needs to pass us off to a backup DU TA.

I feel like the fact the Magic only moves over for a few months suggests a closer to home option for the Wonder. I'm thinking Hawaii for October-November and then the normal riviera cruises personally. Why would they not leave the Magic over that side for longer and give options if the Wonder was really going to Australia for all that time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter