2023 i know its a long time but its never to late to start planning

wdwgirl1970

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

Just getting everyone thoughts about when you guys are planning your next trip i am playing it safe (hopefully) by doing it 2023

You mean never too early to start planning! I am usually 2 years out planning trips. We have DVC so we can book 11 months out, but prior to that we are usually talking about what new restaurants we want to try, after that it will be rides we have to do and from there we just count down and work out the details. We are packing a couple trips in Nov 2020 and April 2021 because we have AP's this time around. But our next trip after that might not be until 2023.

I don't think it's too early to plan, and -- as you say -- it's not too early!

I'm not quite ready to plan yet but I am also thinking we'll go in 2023 because it's a milestone birthday for me. Also, I was hoping some of the hype around the new attractions would have died down by then although I guess that could be up in the air now for obvious reasons. Attendance over the next couple of years is too much of a wildcard to make predictions.

I figured I would start more actual plans in 2021. But go for it! Why not?

I am right there with you. I started planning my last trip 2 years out. It was our first time, and all of that planning really paid off. Now I am eying 2023 as well. Let the planning begin!

We have started with November 2020 - Now we are May 2021 - but depending on Coviid-19, vaccines, and what is open in WDW - We could move again to May 2022
Our $200 deposit just keeps on shifting to a new date. :)

Don't feel bad I have our 2021 trip planned and started making notes for the 2024 trip. You can never start to early,

I am with you. I think that is the year we are taking our son, his wife and our two grandchildren to DW. We are trying to talk my other son and his wife into going too.

My husband and I are planning for 2023 as well. Hopefully March time frame. I really want to go to Flower and Garden. In the last couple of years I started gardening so I have a pretty big interest in the things they have going on during that time.

I don't think it is ever to early to start looking at what you want to do and where you want to stay. Since the cost of a Disney trip is quite high, I like to have a very lose budget in mind so that I can start putting my money aside and not have to stress about it when the trip gets closer.

I don't know what I'll be eating for dinner. 2023 sounds overwhelming to me but I appreciate all of the planners of the world

Our next trip is currently planned for Aug 2022, and I'm anxious about how things are going to look that far out. I don't know if I'd be able to cope if we had a trip planned for the next 18 months or so.

At this point, 2023 seems like a good time to be planning for!!
I may buy my japan planning book for 2023. Give me something to look forward to.
Not sure my 2021 cruises will happen....

I'm aiming anywhere 2022 and beyond. I want to go back, but I also want to be able to afford to go for a decent amount of time, maybe throw in an extra EPCOT day for WS food etc.

Never too early to start planning! We were going to go in 2021 after the new rides open, but with the delay in construction I’m thinking 2022 now. A LOT will just depend on what life is like by then. We were supposed to spend a month in Europe in 2023 but I’m honestly not sure the world will have recovered by then.

Planning for 2023? No, let's plan for 2026. WDW is not the only one having a birthday. July 4, 2026 is the semiquincentennial of the USA. Better put it is America's 250th birthday. Those of us who are old enough to remember the bicentennial in 1976 know it was a great big party all across the country. 200 was a big deal, 250 should be a bigger deal. Hopefully Disney can get us a better word than semiquincentennial.

Hey everyone,

Just getting everyone thoughts about when you guys are planning your next trip i am playing it safe (hopefully) by doing it 2023

You can never start too early, but I’m not sure what’s being asked. If you’re wondering if planning for then is wise, I’d say you’re way ahead of the game lol.

Not too early. I started planning for Nov 2021 as soon as I got home from my trip in Nov 2019. Now with the Covid uncertainty I’m thinking about pushing my trip to June 2022 (Will be my 40th and my kids will still get the kids rate). I was thinking about trying a different hotel next time so all of my research up to this point has been focused on that.

It can never be too early to plan your Disney trip. Planning is a large part of the fun and builds anticipation. Lots of time for research! Have fun :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter