2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Last year there were 3 dates for each of these events and it was a pain to get tickets. This year there are only 2 nights available for each event. I guess we need to accept the fact that not all of us are going to get in. I would even accept the limit of one event per member per year. I’m there on two events and Hoping to get into one. Hoping for the 7/11 AK event because my granddaughters are with us and they don’t have park tickets after their APs expired last year. They are in a couple days early before our 10 night So. Carib. Cruise. I’m also there for 9/13 HS event.

We check out of our DVC resort on the date of the Moonlight Madness event (2/8/23). Would anyone know if we would receive an email invite to register early as DVC guests? Thank you!

We check out of our DVC resort on the date of the Moonlight Madness event (2/8/23). Would anyone know if we would receive an email invite to register early as DVC guests? Thank you!
I believe you need to have a reservation for the night of the event.

I believe you need to have a reservation for the night of the event.
Thanks, I suspect you are correct. Have they said when the invites will go out (or have they already)? I wouldn't mind extending our stay one day if I could get a reservation (which is probably not likely).

Thanks, I suspect you are correct. Have they said when the invites will go out (or have they already)? I wouldn't mind extending our stay one day if I could get a reservation (which is probably not likely).
Emails should go out by 1/24 since registration for those with a room reservation starts on 1/25.

As Tim says, you probably won’t be eligible to register early. But you could try for a slot on the second registration date, if any are still available.
You don’t have to get an invitation in order to register early - the link will be posted here as well as on the member website. But you need to book that extra night now, before the deadline to have modified your stay - I think it was January 22, not sure.

@DisneyokwSSR , here are the restrictions, copied from the member website:

Initial Registration Window – Opens January 25, 2023
The initial registration window for EPCOT events is open to eligible Members with existing Resort reservations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—with party size modifications finalized prior to January 22, 2023.

All Resort reservations and modifications—including your party size—must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 22, 2023. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after January 22, 2023 will not increase your party size for the event.

I will say that I’m not sure what they mean by “existing Resort reservations” — as in, existing by January 22, or already existing on January 13, the date the announcement went out?

Hi all. We have two direct contracts and one resale. Since we have "DVC Y" on our virtual cards, does it matter if we're booked with resale points for the MM dates?

TIA

Few days later but thought I'd correct a previous response. It does not matter if your reservation is made with all resale, all direct, or a mix. The usage restrictions of points is not the same as the eligibility of Membership Extras.

@DisneyokwSSR , here are the restrictions, copied from the member website:

Initial Registration Window – Opens January 25, 2023
The initial registration window for EPCOT events is open to eligible Members with existing Resort reservations at a Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—with party size modifications finalized prior to January 22, 2023.

All Resort reservations and modifications—including your party size—must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 22, 2023. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after January 22, 2023 will not increase your party size for the event.

I will say that I’m not sure what they mean by “existing Resort reservations” — as in, existing by January 22, or already existing on January 13, the date the announcement went out?
Thank you everyone for the information.

We have 2 of the 2BR villas reserved at BWV for a big family trip in Feb. that matches with the EPCOT MM event on 2/15. Will I be able to make reservations for spots for everyone in both rooms Both reservations are with points. The website seems to indicate that I will be able to do so. Will they be able to tell all the people listed on the reservations just based on my membership number?

I've never had two reservations for a MM, but it's simply a text box that you enter in your party size. Assuming you have 9 people registered per room prior to the cutoff date, you most likely can just enter 18 as your party size and it will process. At no point of the MM registration process do you need to enter in reservation numbers or the names of individuals in your party.

Dang! I just miss the 5/11 date! This is the second time that's happened. It's just not meant to be I guess! I'm confused as to why they didn't at least spread out those EP dates a bit. We're also going in December and I would love to see them bring back those Merry Mixer events.

Is there a jpeg somewhere of the last Epcot Moonlight Magic event? I'd like to see which QS locations were open, both before and after official park close, for MM participants. Also a list of snacks.

Here's a pickle. We are planning to go to WDW for a short trip in late July, checking out on 1 AUG. I'm willing to extend my trip if I get MM tickets for AK on 2 AUG, but I'd hate to make those plans and then NOT get those tickets. What do I need to do to be eligible? It appears I need to have a Resort reservation for 2 AUG.

Since we are checking out of BLT on 1 AUG, I'd need to extend two days, which I don't want to do on points. Can I just make a reservation at, say Coronado Springs, for the nights of 1 and 2 AUG (checking out on the 3rd) to pursue the MM tickets, and then cancel the reservation if I do NOT get the tickets? If I get them, we'd obviously keep the CS reservation and use it.

Never done this, first opportunity. We would only stay the two extra days if we got the MM for AK. Thanks for any advice.

Do I need to be booked with direct points or can I use non-eligible resale points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter