• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2023 Moonlight Magic Dates

Here's a pickle. We are planning to go to WDW for a short trip in late July, checking out on 1 AUG. I'm willing to extend my trip if I get MM tickets for AK on 2 AUG, but I'd hate to make those plans and then NOT get those tickets. What do I need to do to be eligible? It appears I need to have a Resort reservation for 2 AUG.

Since we are checking out of BLT on 1 AUG, I'd need to extend two days, which I don't want to do on points. Can I just make a reservation at, say Coronado Springs, for the nights of 1 and 2 AUG (checking out on the 3rd) to pursue the MM tickets, and then cancel the reservation if I do NOT get the tickets? If I get them, we'd obviously keep the CS reservation and use it.

Never done this, first opportunity. We would only stay the two extra days if we got the MM for AK. Thanks for any advice.

Any WDW resort will qualify

Do I need to be booked with direct points or can I use non-eligible resale points?
To clarify PP and to answer your question directly:

Yes, you can use resale points that have restrictions. As long as your membership is eligible, it doesn't matter how you made your reservation (points or cash).

We check out of our DVC resort on the date of the Moonlight Madness event (2/8/23). Would anyone know if we would receive an email invite to register early as DVC guests? Thank you!
Yes, I believe you will. We did in July…we checked out on 7/26, the date of MM at AK and we got the early invite.

Here's a pickle. We are planning to go to WDW for a short trip in late July, checking out on 1 AUG. I'm willing to extend my trip if I get MM tickets for AK on 2 AUG, but I'd hate to make those plans and then NOT get those tickets. What do I need to do to be eligible? It appears I need to have a Resort reservation for 2 AUG.

Since we are checking out of BLT on 1 AUG, I'd need to extend two days, which I don't want to do on points. Can I just make a reservation at, say Coronado Springs, for the nights of 1 and 2 AUG (checking out on the 3rd) to pursue the MM tickets, and then cancel the reservation if I do NOT get the tickets? If I get them, we'd obviously keep the CS reservation and use it.
If the event is on 8/2 and you check out on 8/2, you should still be eligible for early registration. This was our experience in July ‘22.

Keep in mind that is you book your rooms with your points in a dvc room, you can have multiple rooms qualify. But if you book with cash or at a WDW non dvc room even with points, only the one room in which the member is in will qualify. That’s on the “know before you register ” section on mm rules. I only know this because we have 2 dvc rooms booked, coming in different days. But hoping to get into the 7/11 event. 7 guest total.

Last edited:
We’ve never had a trip align with midnight madness before but will be staying for the HS May date. When will registration open? Or a better question: when do I need to start obsessively checking the DVC website for it?

We’ve never had a trip align with midnight madness before but will be staying for the HS May date. When will registration open? Or a better question: when do I need to start obsessively checking the DVC website for it?
Honestly, your pals here at the Disboards will post the minute registration dates are released along with any relevant links. I don’t bother checking the DVC website… I just come here!

DVC will send an email out to those with an eligible resort reservation a day or two prior to registration opening for the event their room reservation coincides with.

Once both the Epcot events are over, DVC will update the Know Before You Register section of the Moonlight Magic web page with registration details for the next event.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic/

Thanks for all the replies! I unfortunately do not regularly get DVC emails despite multiple calls and attempts to ensure that my email address is correct and I have selected subscribe all to every Disney email. My husband gets emails that I don‘t even though the membership is under both our names and I get room reservation confirmation emails. It’s very odd.

At any rate, it sounds like continue to watch the dis boards and check after the EPCOT events.

Will Guardians be open during Epcot MM?

Which QS places will be open to MM meals during park hours and during MM hours? How about snack places?

Will Guardians be open during Epcot MM?

Which QS places will be open to MM meals during park hours and during MM hours? How about snack places?
As Michael says, that's unknown, but my feeling is that Guardians will probably be open and will probably have very long lines all night.

The food benefits for MM have varied so much over the years that I don't even want to speculate about them.

Is the entire World Showcase Promenade open during MM, or do they close it off between China and Morocco, like they do during EEH evenings?

It’s been a while since I went, I can’t remember. Do they typically allow us in a bit early, the way they do with the parties? Or is it only after the park has closed, and the event has started?

Thanks for all the replies! I unfortunately do not regularly get DVC emails despite multiple calls and attempts to ensure that my email address is correct and I have selected subscribe all to every Disney email. My husband gets emails that I don‘t even though the membership is under both our names and I get room reservation confirmation emails. It’s very odd.

At any rate, it sounds like continue to watch the dis boards and check after the EPCOT events.
I’m in the same boat. I do not get most DVC and annual pass emails despite multiple calls to Disney IT.

We all know how buggy their websites are, and I’ve given up ever getting this fixed. :(

It’s been a while since I went, I can’t remember. Do they typically allow us in a bit early, the way they do with the parties? Or is it only after the park has closed, and the event has started?
Typically they allow those registered to enter around 2 hours prior to park closing using just the event issued wristband.

I’m in the same boat. I do not get most DVC and annual pass emails despite multiple calls to Disney IT.

We all know how buggy their websites are, and I’ve given up ever getting this fixed. :(
The sign-up link will be widely published here, and other places online. You don't have to click from an e-mail link, but the sign-up process will ask for your reservation number to verify your eligibility for the event.

The sign-up link will be widely published here, and other places online. You don't have to click from an e-mail link, but the sign-up process will ask for your reservation number to verify your eligibility for the event.
The sign up process asks for your membership number, not your room reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter