2024/2025 Additional Itineraries?

ijenae

Earning My Ears
My DFi and I are thinking about booking a 9-day cruise on the Disney Wonder for our honeymoon. We love the itinerary and are ready to put down a deposit but wanted to check, does Disney ever release additional itineraries after the initial drop? Our worry is to put down a deposit and then another itinerary that we love more pops up. I'm an avid cruiser but have never had this come up. Thanks!

Obviously there will be additional itineraries past May 2025 since that is only how far out they have released them.

If you are asking if there will be additional drops of 2023, 2024, and early 2025 cruises inserted into the existing options, the answer is no. If you follow a ship, you can link together all of the itineraries into a continuous schedule. For example, if you look at a ship that usually alternates 7 day Eastern/Western Carribean cruises, if it does a 9 day Southern you will see a corresponding 5 day cruise to get it back on the normal schedule.

If you see a gap in a cruise ship's schedule, then that will be used for a maintenance period.

Right now the Wonder is only out to February, with a nine night returning from Hawaii to Vancouver. Later in the summer of 2025 there’s a chance 9 night in Alaska. And assuming they decide to return to Australia, they’ll be another nine or so night back to Hawaii but the number of days is not guaranteed. So if you’re looking at that Hawaii to Vancouver run, I would definitely grab it.

Also, because it’s so far out, there’s no harm in making the reservation and then moving it if you see something later in 2025. But there won’t be any more changes to 2024 for sure.

Obviously there will be additional itineraries past May 2025 since that is only how far out they have released them.

If you are asking if there will be additional drops of 2023, 2024, and early 2025 cruises inserted into the existing options, the answer is no. If you follow a ship, you can link together all of the itineraries into a continuous schedule. For example, if you look at a ship that usually alternates 7 day Eastern/Western Carribean cruises, if it does a 9 day Southern you will see a corresponding 5 day cruise to get it back on the normal schedule.

If you see a gap in a cruise ship's schedule, then that will be used for a maintenance period.
Yep, I know businesses like to make money, so I figured Disney wouldn't just stop releasing itineraries after May. I was asking to clarify the second if they would insert additional itineraries in between the ones they've already released. Thanks!

Right now the Wonder is only out to February, with a nine night returning from Hawaii to Vancouver. Later in the summer of 2025 there’s a chance 9 night in Alaska. And assuming they decide to return to Australia, they’ll be another nine or so night back to Hawaii but the number of days is not guaranteed. So if you’re looking at that Hawaii to Vancouver run, I would definitely grab it.

Also, because it’s so far out, there’s no harm in making the reservation and then moving it if you see something later in 2025. But there won’t be any more changes to 2024 for sure.
Thank you so much! We're getting married in December '24 so we'll probably do this one and if one opens later we'll see if we can switch it.

Also, with Disney your deposit is fully refundable until the pay in full date. So booking something now for early 2025 would not limit you in any way to book something else.

I was asking to clarify the second if they would insert additional itineraries in between the ones they've already released. Thanks!
Disney's website definitely doesn't make it easy to tell, but there shouldn't be any gaps in what they've released. I think I've seen other websites that will list a ship's itineraries in chronological order but there's no way to do that on the DCL website.

Other cruise lines do sometimes show gaps because of chartered cruises (where a large group essentially rents out the entire ship) but I don't think Disney does charters.

Disney's website definitely doesn't make it easy to tell, but there shouldn't be any gaps in what they've released.
And if there are gaps, it's almost always going to be a drydock. Disney does an occasional DVC cruise and are open to other charters since they used to do the one for the cable channel, don't remember off the top of my head which one (edit: I think it was Turner Classic Movies). Any gap is far more likely to be for drydock though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter