2024 DDP price?

Don't drink or can't drink like those <21 y.o. that still have to pay the adult price. Especially for 10 year olds who can't have a fancy alcoholic drink? How in the world does anyone expect $94 to be a reasonable amount for someone to pay for a 10 year old?
It's not and it's not supposed to be. The dining plan was NEVER designed to save anyone money, it was for convenience. Now there were some people who could (and will) make it work, but it's a lot of work to make it work!

Well if I ever go back I will not be getting the dining plan unless its free. Childless millenial who doesn't drink. Seems like a lot of hassle for something I still need to top up.

I think i'll stick to a 0 percent transaction fee card.

also with the GBP to USD being a bit more stable now it looks like the prices were determined a few months ago and you end up paying quite a bit more than in the US over the average 2 week holiday. Not worth it at all.

Our trip to Disney is 17 days (separated into two reservations, one of which is a two night room only and the other is a package). To add the dining plan to the package is approximately $2,640. I put pen to paper last night and, the way that we dine while at Disney, we will break even using the dining plan which includes table service restaurants. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll keep it as an addition to our package. Like everyone says, it's more about the convenience and having the food paid for before we arrive.

Last edited:
Our trip to Disney is 17 days (separated into two reservations, one of which is a two night room only and the other is a package). To add the dining plan to the package is approximately $2,640. I put pen to paper last night and, the way that we dine while at Disney, we will break even using the dining plan which includes table service restaurants. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'll add keep it as an addition to our package. Like everyone says, it's more about the convenience and having the food paid for before we arrive.
Remember, tip is not included in the DP.

Right, I factored that in as well. The last time we used the plan, the tip wasn't included then either.
Also factoring in the inevitable price increases by Jan 2024. Is there any way to save the money and add it once you have actually booked your dining at the 60 days? that way you can do a proper calculation.

TLDR: what is the cut off point to add DDP to packages.

I haven't used the DP for a while, but didn't they always include an 18% tip at sit down restaurants?

I haven't used the DP for a while, but didn't they always include an 18% tip at sit down restaurants?
No. It's been many, many, many years since tips were included.

Edited, gratuities were removed from the DDP back in 2008, so 16 years before the 2024 DDP.

Last edited:
Also factoring in the inevitable price increases by Jan 2024. Is there any way to save the money and add it once you have actually booked your dining at the 60 days? that way you can do a proper calculation.

TLDR: what is the cut off point to add DDP to packages.
Typically, Disney will waive any fees associated with changing a package so long as you are spending more money. Having said that, if there is a ticket price increase between the time you book and the time you make the modification, you are likely to have that increase added to your package.

Typically, Disney will waive any fees associated with changing a package so long as you are spending more money. Having said that, if there is a ticket price increase between the time you book and the time you make the modification, you are likely to have that increase added to your package.
I believe the cut off point was 24 hours when I last made a last minute choice.

I remember when the Ddp included an app AND tip…I’m pretty sure dessert too. That was truly enjoyable and all inclusive.
Yep. I think we used it the last year it included app and tip, and the cost for adults was $39/day. 2007 IIRC.

I remember back then the mantra was "IT'S TOO MUCH FOOD!!!11!1!" Well, Disney took care of that for us, and the tip, too. :rolleyes:

then the mantra was "IT'S TOO MUCH FOOD!!!11!1!" Well, Disney took care of that for us, and the tip, too. :rolleyes:
I recently took advantage of a restaurant week promotion. The dessert was about half regular size and the appetizer was a little smaller
The entree was regular sized
Many courses usually means smaller portions.

Disney grub plan should at least include choice of soup or salad.

I think the 2 new dining plans will be much like the prior program. Whether the math works for you will depend on what/where you eat and if u like to have an alcoholic beverage. We had this discussion on several older threads regarding the prior programs and what works for you/your family may not work for everyone else. Some like to pre-pay for their food regardless of whether or not it saves them any money. I think these 2 new programs will be the same way.

Last edited:
I used to think the refillable mug was a bargain since I drink soda in the morning instead of coffee. Then I realized that Amazon Prime would deliver (2) 12-packs of Diet Coke for less than the cost of the mug and I would not have to run to the refill station every morning to fill it up.

I lost interest in the DP when I found myself constantly "eating for value" instead of eating what I actually wanted. I would always order the most expensive items and eat dessert, even if I was uncomfortably full already, just because I had already paid for it. Then, I was still paying more money OOP to tip our server so the "pre-paid mentality" was also gone.
Now, I take advantage of rewards and rebate programs throughout the year and use those rewards to "purchase" (or redeem for) Disney gift cards. Then, I take those "free" Disney gift cards and use them to pay for my dining. I can order whatever I want and I just use the gift cards to cover the meal and tips and everything is already "pre-paid".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter