2024 Honeymoon restaurant?

sparkle022

Earning My Ears
I'm helping my brother and his fiancée plan their honeymoon at WDW for this upcoming summer. They want somewhere "romantic" for a sit-down meal. We've visited a few times per year for the last few decades, but it's honestly been quite a few years since I've eaten at some of the place they're considering. (Monsieur Paul, Jiko, Yachtsman, Cal Grill, etc.) My brother is a WDW veteran, but this will be his new wife's first vacation of any kind, ever, so he wants to make it extra special! Last month, my husband, kiddos, and I ate at Coral Reef and GF Cafe. (Controversial opinion, I thought our meal at Coral Reef was delicious!) I know WDW dining quality can be so hit-or-miss.

All that to say, what restaurants have been good *lately* - as in, within the last few months? And DON'T have unsightly construction for the foreseeable future(I'm talking about you, Grand Flo! Lol)

California Grill has moved to a pre-fixe meal, but I hear it's still really good (albeit VERY pricey). We last had it in 2019 and it was delicious. Jiko is also still great. Le Cellier is always a popular one but some people don't like eating in park, and the ambiance may not be to their preference. My personal choice would Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera for dinner. That place is beautiful, service is great, and the food is delicious! Plus you can also walk to the outside mural before your reservation which is also a great spot to take some pictures.

Edit: I have a reservation there in a week and will report back with findings on if it's still up to snuff! We also have a reservation at Narcoosee's during fireworks. I know that you don't want them to see any GF construction but I've heard great things.

Check out the video reviews of Monsieur Paul. Magical, and then you have fireworks!

Jiko continues to be terrific and the resort is so lovely it's easy to make a whole night out of it. Also wholeheartedly agree with the Flying Fish recommendation. Food and service are incredible and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Also a pre or post dinner walk around the Boardwalk is fun. If the construction has ended by then, Narcoossee's over at Grand Floridian is absolutely delicious and if possible to time it for fireworks, it's extra romantic! In the parks, I love Brown Derby, Chefs de France- particularly for dinner -- it's the same food at lunch but there's something about the lighting or something at night that just screams romantic to me. It's pretty loud and the tables are fairly close together though. I enjoy both restaurants in the Mexico pavilion - though there again, the tables are very close together, particularly at San Angel Inn --but the setting is spectacular!

California Grill has moved to a pre-fixe meal, but I hear it's still really good (albeit VERY pricey). We last had it in 2019 and it was delicious. Jiko is also still great. Le Cellier is always a popular one but some people don't like eating in park, and the ambiance may not be to their preference. My personal choice would Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera for dinner. That place is beautiful, service is great, and the food is delicious! Plus you can also walk to the outside mural before your reservation which is also a great spot to take some pictures.

Edit: I have a reservation there in a week and will report back with findings on if it's still up to snuff! We also have a reservation at Narcoosee's during fireworks. I know that you don't want them to see any GF construction but I've heard great things.
Just got back from our trip. Topolino’s was fantastic! The filet was delicious and would highly recommend going there.

Victoria and Albert's
California Grill
Topolino's
Flying Fish

Those would be my choices in order. V&A is very tough to get into now. The others seem to have openings. Topolino's has a first come first serve bar area that serves the entire menu if you can't get a reservation.

Victoria and Albert's is amazing but stuffy and extremely expensive. Your brother would need a sports jacket and collared shirt. California grill is price fixed now, location is amazing and food has always been great for us. Flying Fish is a great location but loud and hit or miss for us on seating on time and food quality, but very pretty. I have not been to Monsieur Paul or Jiko yet but I have been to Toppolino's tell them to have a drink at the bar first and ask for a booth. I am pretty sure the cast members said if you catch it right you can see fireworks from 3 parks. They have a beautiful outdoor patio you can step out to watch.

I also like Citricos and Narcoossee's but like you said I am not sure was the GF will look like with the construction. Also ask for booths in those locations too, so cozy!

Congratulations to the happy couple and thank you brother for his service.

If they want an extremely intimate meal in a relaxed but attentive environment and enjoy Japanese cuisine, Takumi-Tei at Epcot!

Jiko is always good And it’s fun to get to the resort early and walk around the grounds and see the animals

Victoria & alberts is an amazing experience but it’s loooooong. Took us over 4 hours. Now the food is second to none but I was getting a little antsy after 3 hours. It was a long term dream of ours and it was worth every cent

Monsieur Paul is what I call Victoria & Albert’s “lite”. It’s elevated multi course meal. It’s no way near as fancy as V&A but the food is excellent. We had a nice table by the window and took our time just over 2 hours and we finished right as fireworks were about to start and they let us sit, have coffee and watch the fireworks so the experience was amazing.

we did all of these within a couple of months all recently. Jiko due to the price point we do quite often. V&A was an amazing experience I just think it was a bit above my foodie level. For me I would do Monsieur Paul and Jiko for less cost than V&A.

We are actually doing Monsieur Paul again for Valentine’s Day.

Again don’t get me wrong V&A is amazing experience and I’m so glad we did it but like I said i think it’s more appreciated by people with a better pallet than me

Topolinos is also Top notch
Also please be aware that Monsieur Paul is in Epcot and requires park admission and as such they don’t hold people to the dress code as much so you will see people in park clothes. So if your looking for a real fancy night where every one is dressed up and you might not get that at MP.

Victoria & alberts is an amazing experience but it’s loooooong. Took us over 4 hours. Now the food is second to none but I was getting a little antsy after 3 hours. It was a long term dream of ours and it was worth every cent
4 hours would be a deal breaker for me. Even 3 hours.

If you want to do dinner away from the parks, Morimoto Asia. Beautiful interior and we've never had a bad meal. My husband insists we go on every visit for their ribs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter