2024 Moonlight Magic

How hard is it to get tickets for MM? I just got the email for registration tomorrow - we will be there for Feb 27 in animal kingdom. Any pointers for registration?
It is important to click the link prior to 11:00 a.m. ET (I assume they are still using that time, it is listed in the email). Click the link on multiple computers/phones. You are assigned a random number in the que when it goes live at 11:00 so if you use multiple computers, you have a better chance of getting a low number. Once you are in and registering, if you have more than one contract, use the member number of the contract you used to book your qualifying stay. We used resale points for our qualifying stay so I thought I needed to put in one of our contracts that qualify for "blue card" perks when it asked for a number. If you do that, the system will say it cannot find a qualifying stay and has a link for you to click if you put in the wrong number. When I clicked that link, it gave me an error message. Thankfully, we had another phone in the que that came up and we were able to register with that one.

It is important to click the link prior to 11:00 a.m. ET (I assume they are still using that time, it is listed in the email). Click the link on multiple computers/phones. You are assigned a random number in the que when it goes live at 11:00 so if you use multiple computers, you have a better chance of getting a low number. Once you are in and registering, if you have more than one contract, use the member number of the contract you used to book your qualifying stay. We used resale points for our qualifying stay so I thought I needed to put in one of our contracts that qualify for "blue card" perks when it asked for a number. If you do that, the system will say it cannot find a qualifying stay and has a link for you to click if you put in the wrong number. When I clicked that link, it gave me an error message. Thankfully, we had another phone in the que that came up and we were able to register with that one.
Just to be sure.. Use the member number used for the stay even if its on resale points?

Yes, that is correct. If you are staying on resale points, use that member number. We were staying on resale points and it kicked me out the first time when I put in my direct points (it said couldn't find the qualifying reservation). When I used resale points, the system seemed to know that I was eligible for "blue card" perks without putting the direct points anywhere.

Hopefully my answer above came in time if you are still in the que or you used your resale member number if your number came up!

I’m curious about this also as we are doing a family trip where there will be six of us in a two bedroom and two more in a studio. I know I can register the six of us in the two bedroom but I’m not sure if the other two are just out of luck?
We had the same situation in 2022. A 2 bedroom and 2 studios for a travel party of 10. My husband and I were each able to reserve 5 spots each. Not sure if there’s a limit per member this year or not. We just got a reservation for 2 for this year‘s AK in February

We had the same situation in 2022. A 2 bedroom and 2 studios for a travel party of 10. My husband and I were each able to reserve 5 spots each. Not sure if there’s a limit per member this year or not. We just got a reservation for 2 for this year‘s AK in February
Party size limits are the same as they've been for several years now:
A Member can register themselves and up to 4 additional guests per Membership (for a total of 5) —or up to the number of Guests on their Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years of age do not need to be registered for this event.

If Members have multiple Resort Reservations, additional party size guidelines apply. If the member used points for multiple room reservations, they can register for up to the total number of guests listed on all of those reservations.

Any idea when the queue for general registration will open? When I just used the link I used in the summer it brought me to the right queue with these messages:

Registration for February 27, 2024 event dates is now closed.

Message last updated: 11:57 AM​

Registration has sold out.

It's making me feel like it was today somehow and not tomorrow.

Any idea when the queue for general registration will open? When I just used the link I used in the summer it brought me to the right queue with these messages:

Registration for February 27, 2024 event dates is now closed.

Message last updated: 11:57 AM​

Registration has sold out.

It's making me feel like it was today somehow and not tomorrow.
I assume that's referring to the early registration from 2/1.

I'm not sure how many spots they hold for the later registration, but I would assume something will be available at 11am tomorrow.

I assume that's referring to the early registration from 2/1.

I'm not sure how many spots they hold for the later registration, but I would assume something will be available at 11am tomorrow.
Thanks! I am thinking that too. I usually plan for these and am eligible for the earlier date, and I’m used to being able to enter the queue the night before. This way is all new for me. I don’t have high hopes that I’ll get spot but I was looking forward to the thrill of the attempt!

Is it just on the main MM page? Is there a separate link we’re supposed to use? I guess I expected the RSVP button to be up by now…

Is it just on the main MM page? Is there a separate link we’re supposed to use? I guess I expected the RSVP button to be up by now…
Me too. Anyone out there register on general registration day before and can tell us how it worked? I’ve only ever done it while staying on site.

I realize this is general registration but do they only send an email with the link when you have a confirmed reservation?
Seems like it based on today.
I started at 1648 (at the lowest, my other devices were over 2000). By 11:10 it was warning of limited capacity. I got down to 1066 and it sold out. Oh well. If I had been really serious about attending I would have made sure to have a resort reservation.

So my family of 6 adults did the MM at Epcot last month. Being able to get in early and have 3 snack vouchers each was fantastic. Based on the cost of park tickets and the value of the food vouchers, I figure the MM value was $800-$900 for our party of 6. We were able to do all the daytime events/attractions, and then in the evening do all the 'E' ticket rides, with many a quick walk-on. IMO, MM is by far the best DVC Direct perk. We've been fortunate to experience 3 of them and 1 cancellation due to Hurricane Ian.

So my family of 6 adults did the MM at Epcot last month. Being able to get in early and have 3 snack vouchers each was fantastic. Based on the cost of park tickets and the value of the food vouchers, I figure the MM value was $800-$900 for our party of 6. We were able to do all the daytime events/attractions, and then in the evening do all the 'E' ticket rides, with many a quick walk-on. IMO, MM is by far the best DVC Direct perk. We've been fortunate to experience 3 of them and 1 cancellation due to Hurricane Ian.

I agree it is a great perk and we had a blast last year at the AK one.

But, to me, attempt to put a dollar value on it is purely "fuzzy math". Would I really pay entry to a park for 3 hours? Would I even be there? Would I stuff myself with 3 Mickey ice cream bars and/or churros? In reality, if the perk wasn't available I'd probably be at home. And having the perk actually costs me in travel expenses (we drive) and extra money for a hotel (if we choose to stay overnight). But I'm happy to spend that for the experience, which I can't place a value on. But it's fun memories with the family...

Seems like it based on today.
I started at 1648 (at the lowest, my other devices were over 2000). By 11:10 it was warning of limited capacity. I got down to 1066 and it sold out. Oh well. If I had been really serious about attending I would have made sure to have a resort reservation.
aw that stinks. DVC res for studios were hard to come by after it became clear that rooms booked thru CRO no longer qualified

aw that stinks. DVC res for studios were hard to come by after it became clear that rooms booked thru CRO no longer qualified
I'm very late to this discussion this year so please pardon my ignorance! Whats a CRO?
Are you saying being a Blue card eligble member can no longer qualify for earlier registration if they hold a cash reservation at a non-DVC resort?
And was this stated explicitly anywhere? I definitely didn't see that fine print.

I'm very late to this discussion this year so please pardon my ignorance! Whats a CRO?
Are you saying being a Blue card eligble member can no longer qualify for earlier registration if they hold a cash reservation at a non-DVC resort?
And was this stated explicitly anywhere? I definitely didn't see that fine print.

CRO - Central Reservations Office, or DRC Disney Reservations Center

Correct. However, I believe cash reservations made through MS qualify, someone correct me if I’m wrong

Explicitly, nope

In the past, a reservation at any Disney resort, whether paid by cash or points and no matter how it was booked, qualified for early registration for MM. This year the language changed and requires the member to be “using their membership” for the resort reservation. That means a regular points reservation but also includes cash reservations booked through MS. Cash reservations booked through CRO don’t count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter