2024 vacation plans

A week in Missouri and Illinois so my wife can do some ancestry research. Hope to do some other trips, but nothing planned yet. We both go on Social Security in 2024 so our income will triple from what we are drawing out of savings every month.
We start drawing SS in 2024 too, me in February and DH in March. We are looking forward to the added income.

We hope that 2024 is a big year for us. I plan on retiring and we're going to walk the Camino de Santiago (Frances route). After that we plan on spending some time in Portugal and then spending December in Germany.
Our Assistant Pastor walked the Camino several years ago, and I followed her on social media. It was very cool. She had a porter service that moved her luggage separately to each overnight stop, which ended up being a good thing, because she hurt her ankle and was still able to complete her pilgrimage. If you haven’t seen it, The Way is a good movie set on the Camino.

February is 12 days at WDW, May is a long weekend in SC for a friend's house warming/retirement party, December is 10 days at WDW. I'm sure we will do a couple weekend trips to visit friends and family but those are not planned this far out.

We will be going to WDW for daughter's high school graduation trip. After that, who knows. Still waiting to see where she lands for college. Even after saving agressively for college, it's still a sticker shock.

We will be going to WDW for daughter's high school graduation trip. After that, who knows. Still waiting to see where she lands for college. Even after saving agressively for college, it's still a sticker shock.

Only thing planned so far in in September my friend and I are doing HHN, MNSSHP, and Food and Wine! Never been to Universal so that will be a new experience even though we are only doing HHN there. Then will move to Disney for Food and Wine and MNSSHP. I'm doing 3 days at the festival in order to hopefully do everything I want this time around. Also going to do the Behind the Seeds tour. Super excited!

We start drawing SS in 2024 too, me in February and DH in March. We are looking forward to the added income.
LOL. We look forward to living off that instead of savings! Although my wife went back to work, part time temporarily in November and that income has been a nice bonus. That job is scheduled to end in 4 months, and 2 months in, she is READY to be retired again.

Will hopefully be doing our Charleston SC trip to visit with middle DS, DIL, and grand dogs in May. Then of course in the summer we take oldest DS, DIL and grand kids to Mackinaw City. :love:

Spring - one week TBD, somewhere in Europe. Lisbon? Barcelona? Scotland?

Fall - two weeks in northern Italy
Thank you for posting this. We are also strongly considering Scotland for 2024’s big trip. I just recently starting following a FB Scotland group and it’s stressing me out. People with full itineraries fully booked while we’re still considering.

I appreciate someone else still pondering.

Other than that big trip, I imagine that there will be long weekends here and there but those are rarely sketched out way in advance.

Where is everyone going next year?

Our big trip will be 2+ weeks in California & Oregon visiting some of the National Parks, hiking, rafting, etc.

Other than that, nothing is planned except for several long weekends within 2-4 hours drive from home.
Jan: Disneyland Half (after the Dopey-- uh oh)
March: DCL Wish
May: Aulani
July: DCL Magic
Sept: Disneyland Halloween Half (still need to register)
Nov: Christmas Markets in Austria
Dec: DCL? Not booked, but thinking about it for between Christmas and NYE ;)

January- 5 days in WDW, this is the kids Christmas present
May—Princess cruise for our oldest daughters high school graduation
September—DH and I are going to Las Vegas to watch LSU take on USC in the season opener

We’ll be in Florida from after Christmas until January 5th.

Mini Williamsburg trip in February.

Williamsburg in June.

Permanent Florida vacation starting in July.

We'll be heading to Arkansas for the Eclipse the week of April 8.
Then I'll be heading to Colorado Springs for a week-long theological intensive course the first full week of June.

Not sure what we'll be doing later that year but I'm sure something will come up

January: 10 days in Panama….6 at Nayara resort in Bocas dell Toro. We’re excited to check out this area and we loved their sister resort in La Fortuna Costa Rica. The villas are over the water with individual plunge pools. You get around everywhere by boat and when I booked this trip they had a promotion offering a private boat and driver for 4 hours each day. The other four days we are spending exploring Panama City.

September: Very excited about this one…16 days in South Africa. 5 nights in Cape Town, 2 at a spa resort in the Wine Lands and 9 in the greater Kruger area on safari. We used a travel advisor for this one…every detail is planned. Can’t wait 😊

Planning on Florida for a few days in March for Phillies spring training
September- Ireland - my husband’s goddaughter is getting married there and we will add vacation afterwards

Thank you for posting this. We are also strongly considering Scotland for 2024’s big trip. I just recently starting following a FB Scotland group and it’s stressing me out. People with full itineraries fully booked while we’re still considering.

I appreciate someone else still pondering.

Other than that big trip, I imagine that there will be long weekends here and there but those are rarely sketched out way in advance.
We've both got ADHD, so planning things far in advance is not really our thing. 😄 We booked our whole Switzerland trip for this fall within 3 months. Nothing is booked or definitively planned for the fall trip, either, just a general idea of where we want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter