2026 World Cup (USA, Canada, Mexico) tickets and stadiums thread

I'm so excited this! However, I'm disappointed that there won't be any USA games at my local stadium (Bay Area) and LA gets two USA games. Regardless, I registered to get information for tickets because I'd love to go to any game. But if tickets are crazy expensive then we'll be enjoying it from the comfort of our couch. LOL

I remember going to Stanford Stadium as a kid for the '94 World Cup. The festivities were so fun. We didn't get to see a game but it was still fun just being around all the excitement. Got a t-shirt and everything 8-)
This will be even bigger than 1994. 104 matches across 3 countries and watch parties in every town and city in North America. If people want an estimate on possible ticket prices, look at ticket prices from the 2022 World Cup. A more recent estimate may be found by looking at the ticket prices for the 2024 Copa America (to be played this summer in the USA).

If the groups line up correctly and the USA advances to the round of 16, we could possibly play England in Philadelphia on the 4th of July.

This is the USA soccer website and the main supporters group:

https://www.ussoccer.com/

https://theamericanoutlaws.com/

This is the Canada soccer website and the main supporters group:

www.canadasoccer.com

(Please note, the Canada soccer website doesn't seem to be working at the moment).

https://www.thevoyageurs.org/

The reason for this post is to show where to potentially look for discounts or allotted tickets that in the past have been given to supporting members of those websites/fan groups.

https://www.ussoccer.com/insiders

I believe FIFA controls the ticket situation overall but they have worked with specific supporters groups in the past in regards to specific matches. So you may have a better chance (but not guaranteed) at securing World Cup tickets for the USA and Canada matches.

Ill go to at least a match, hard to get excited yet as it will depend on the teams playing.

Final in NJ might be cool regardless - France 98 was insane - wasn't even at the match itself.
Wont really be the same here unless by some miracle the US gets there - even then NJ is not the same as Paris is it.

Since Sam's Army is no longer a thing I wont get tickets easily to the US matches and if I understand correctly they are going to be on the west coast. Seems like a bad idea IMO. Depending on who we play against its almost always an away match at home. The North East may have been a better choice, but not sure they had choice.

Any idea how getting tickets will work this time. Back in 94 I think it was a raffle type thing for general tickets.
With MLS Season ticket holders and Football team (who basically own the stadium) season ticket holders it will be much harder this time around. It's also way more popular.

Last edited:
Ill go to at least a match, hard to get excited yet as it will depend on the teams playing.

Final in NJ might be cool regardless - France 98 was insane - wasn't even at the match itself.
Wont really be the same here unless by some miracle the US gets there - even then NJ is not the same as Paris is it.

Since Sam's Army is no longer a thing I wont get tickets easily to the US matches and if I understand correctly they are going to be on the west coast. Seems like a bad idea IMO. Depending on who we play against its almost always an away match at home. The North East may have been a better choice, but not sure they had choice.

Any idea how getting tickets will work this time. Back in 94 I think it was a raffle type thing for general tickets.
With MLS Season ticket holders and Football team (who basically own the stadium) season ticket holders it will be mutch harder this time around. It's also way more popular.
It will be at least 50 percent usa fans at the opening match. If they make it out of the group stage, then they could easily be on the East Coast by then. The first step to getting tickets is registering interest on FIFA.com . Tickets itself won't be available until 2025. The final schedule draw won't be until December 2025. LA and Seattle were chosen for the glamor aspect and US Soccer support in general, respectively. It is also more fair to the Asian tv market as well. Typically, European, South American, and team USA are really the only teams left by the round of 16. That's part of the reason of being moved West to East in this case. Team USA (which for the first time in decades) is almost always now a top 15 team in the FIFA rankings. And while rankings don't mean a lot after a tournament begins, it is expected team 🇺🇸 will make it to the round of 16 at a minimum. We finally have European quality players at the best clubs and leagues in the world. If our top 26 first team players are healthy and in their prime (as expected), we will be considered a dark horse for the tournament. The first real test will be defending our Nations League title next month against Jamaica and most likely Mexico.

It will be at least 50 percent usa fans at the opening match. If they make it out of the group stage, then they could easily be on the East Coast by then. The first step to getting tickets is registering interest on FIFA.com . Tickets itself won't be available until 2025. The final schedule draw won't be until December 2025. LA and Seattle were chosen for the glamor aspect and US Soccer support in general, respectively. It is also more fair to the Asian tv market as well. Typically, European, South American, and team USA are really the only teams left by the round of 16. That's part of the reason of being moved West to East in this case. Team USA (which for the first time in decades) is almost always now a top 15 team in the FIFA rankings. And while rankings don't mean a lot after a tournament begins, it is expected team 🇺🇸 will make it to the round of 16 at a minimum. We finally have European quality players at the best clubs and leagues in the world. If our top 26 first team players are healthy and in their prime (as expected), we will be considered a dark horse for the tournament. The first real test will be defending our Nations League title next month against Jamaica and most likely Mexico.
hmmm... So I see you can pay 45 to be a premium member and get a better world cup ticket draw....very disappointed with that. They are starting to act like Disney.

It will be at least 50 percent usa fans at the opening match.
Well...maybe. What percentage of those fans support a different team over the US when they play.

For example they are US fans, unless the US plays the team of their home country, (Mexico, Ireland, Portugal, Italy) etc...
I'm as guilty as anyone as far as that is concerned.

Also of those 50%, how many will sell the tickets for a nice profit, legal or not.

My experience outside of the NE is not great when the US plays certain teams. I wont go into it here.

hmmm... So I see you can pay 45 to be a premium member and get a better world cup ticket draw....very disappointed with that. They are starting to act like Disney.
That's consistent with most modern supporter groups in Europe, I believe.
Well...maybe. What percentage of those fans support a different team over the US when they play.

For example they are US fans, unless the US plays the team of their home country, (Mexico, Ireland, Portugal, Italy) etc...
I'm as guilty as anyone as far as that is concerned.

Also of those 50%, how many will sell the tickets for a nice profit, legal or not.

My experience outside of the NE is not great when the US plays certain teams. I wont go into it here.
Americans will turn out for big sports events period. Just look at the Olympics. Unless we play Mexico, which is very unlikely given the projected path to the final, we will outdraw any other fanbase period. Plus the watch parties (outdoor and indoor ones) will garner an even more pro American atmosphere. I suspect the government will be closely watching how ticket sales are conducted. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you also now have to show ID with your ticket as well.

What songs do you want played during prematch/warm ups at the stadiums? Also, who do you guys want doing the national anthem singing?

We will be traveling to attend at least one or two matches. We always watch this big stuff on TV, the World Cup and the Olympics, and we always say, hey next time we should go. And then we never do. But this time it will be so easy, just a domestic flight or hopping to Canada or Mexico to be a part of this amazing international gathering. There’s no way we can’t be a part of it when it’s coming right to our backyard! We’ll enter the ticket lottery and don’t really care which city we get, though we will target certain teams. I spent a little time yesterday reading primers on ticketing from 2022, though it will of course be different due to the numerous sites in 2026. A separate savings vehicle has already been established for this adventure so we will be ready to party with the world in person in 2026!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter