?

Walt's Frozen Head

DIS Veteran<br><font color="blue">A comfortable 32
Just what hope do you folks hope to gain by an abrupt Eisner departure
Okay, who is "you folks?"

Personally, I don't think anything is going to change. There are starting to be rumblings that Eisner's under pressure, but the rumblings I've heard all have to do with numbers and stock performance. If the next corporate structure sees the entertainment as the tool to achieve the real financial goal, we're still in the same boat.

Someone in a position of power has to see that the financials are the tool to achieve the real entertainment goals. That would put the company's focus back on the important end of the Magic, and differentiate Disney from its competitors.

Jeff

Oops, wrong button. Moderators, please delete... I've reposted in the correct thread, but don't seem to be authorized to delete this.

Jeff

then how do you remain in Car #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Car #3 was the car for folks who thought the Magic was fading and were not optimistic about that Magic returning to old school Disney levels.

That's where I am and what I feel. The culture of the company has changed, and the bulk of the people who viewed quality with a Walt-ish eye are dead or working elsewhere.

If I thought anything would immediately change if Eisner got gone, I would have been in Car #2 all along.

Also I would have shot him.

Jeff

For Christ's sake, Chad, it's not really that hard.

If you think the Magic is just as strong as ever, Car #1.

If you think the Magic isn't as strong as ever, but it'll likely come back, Car #2.

If you think the Magic isn't as strong as ever, and that it'll likely get worse rather than better, Car #3.

If you think Six Flags is better than Disney, Car #4.

For the sake of improving my own communication, what did I ever say that would suggest anything other than Car #3 to you?

Jeff

If I can interject here, it seems clear that Jeff does NOT believe the Magic is lost forever. In fact, I'm pretty sure that he stated there is more magic left than has vanished. Clearly, he's not a Car #4 person. He's deeply concerned and knows that the fix cannot come overnight.

If I've incorrectly spoken Jeff, let me know. I just had to jump in between you guys before someone got cyber-killed.

Is there a car #2.5. I've got one foot each in cars 2 and 3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter