24-Hour Day 2015 Tips

We had a MB snafu too...I have a split stay and realized my second set of Magic Bands hadn't shipped (I'm not sure I really understand if I need both sets?). I didn't see the second set or how to confirm shipping on them until I scoured my email.

I had them customized, but we changed the location of our second stay and the TA canceled out the res and made a new one, so I guess I had to redo the customization.

*whew*
One of our sets of MB didn't ship either. We had started out with a 3 way stay. I got 2 of them but the 3rd got held up. I called and they released them but then I switched one of the resorts out and we are now just doing a 2 way stay.

As for if you need them all, you don't technically. Any band registered to your account can access the data stored there. All bands are interchangeable. The only potential glitch, and the only reason I wanted all the sets, is sometimes the bands won't work on all hotel rooms, just the band for that resorts opens the door. They can fix them at the front desk so any band you have on you would work on that room but I'd rather not have to deal with that and figured I'd just bring them all.

Would it be better/easier to just park at TTC, take the monorail to Epcot and then monorail to MK? At least one less thing to worry about with the car at TTC
Unfortunately no. I'll be trying to make an ADR at epcot coming from somewhere as it is. But that's good idea I hadn't thought of yet.

For those asking about parking at Epcot. I believe last year around dinner they were re-routing cars to park at Epcot and then telling people to take the monorail to MK. I could be wrong about this, but that is what someone told me. So I believe your car would be fine there, but I'd probably call or ask someone at guest services first when you get there.

That's good to know because we typically drive and park, even when we've stayed on-site. We were planning on taking a mid-day break, returning around dinner time. I think we may actually try out the buses for that return. :scratchin

OK, so I'm just catching up on all this. The fourth fastpass that says anytime is actually only for Wishes? That's fine, I'm glad to have it back. Will it affect us getting other Fastpasses after we use the first three?

OK, so I had this idea that we'd carry a white board with us and write the time on it for pictures throughout the day so that we can do a good write up later of how the 24 hours went... since I'm sure we will be tired and forgetting details. I bought this small white board and I have TONS of vinyl and I wanted to cut some words to put at the top but I can't decide what it should say. My first thought was "Up All Night with Mickey" but we will be there all DAY too.

If anyone has some brilliant idea, please share!

That's good to know because we typically drive and park, even when we've stayed on-site. We were planning on taking a mid-day break, returning around dinner time. I think we may actually try out the buses for that return. :scratchin

I would not drive to MK around dinner time. If I did drive, I'd just go straight to Epcot and get on the monorail. I'd either take a bus to MK or a taxi to the Contemporary.

I'm seeing a lot of people who are planning to wear PJs to the party. For those who are, are you wearing them all day or just after it gets dark? This sounds like a fun idea.

I'm seeing a lot of people who are planning to wear PJs to the party. For those who are, are you wearing them all day or just after it gets dark? This sounds like a fun idea.

Just after dark for us. I figure we will have been in our day clothes for 15 hours or so by then and it'll feel good to put on clean clothes!

Have any of you reserved FPs for the after midnight hours? I'm not seeing those times come up, so I'm curious if anyone has been able to make those reservations...

This is what we did last year. We stayed at Pop and drove to the TTC in the am. Then when we were ready for a break, we took the bus back to Pop/back to the MK later. It was soooo nice not having to wait for a bus when we finally gave in for the night.

This is what we did last year. We stayed at Pop and drove to the TTC in the am. Then when we were ready for a break, we took the bus back to Pop/back to the MK later. It was soooo nice not having to wait for a bus when we finally gave in for the night.

Oh! I was thinking we'd drive back to the resort when we take our break, and then do buses for the second half. But your plan is 100x better! :thanks:

Just at night. We'll wear regular clothes to start out the day. When we go to take our break we plan to change and go back in our PJs, or at least what I would call lounge wear.

What time? The only FPs I saw after midnight were like 11:40- 12:40, so I'm just wondering if there are ANY FPs from 1am-6am.

Quick silly questions....
We are considering renting a locker for the 24hr party since we will be there so long. We have never rented a locker before (except at a waterpark).
Where are the lockers at MK located?
How much does it cost?
And since this is special hours will we have the locker for the full 24 hours or is there a cut off time? Thanks!!

We are considering renting a locker for the 24hr party since we will be there so long. We have never rented a locker before (except at a waterpark).
How much does it cost?
And since this is special hours will we have the locker for the full 24 hours or is there a cut off time? Thanks!!

They are looked right before the train station by guest relations. They are $10 with a $5 deposit! I am sure it will be for 24 hours.

How much does it cost?
And since this is special hours will we have the locker for the full 24 hours or is there a cut off time? Thanks!

I always rent a locker. I have issues with my feet and normally change my shoes out midday. The lockers are located to the far right as you enter the gates under the train station. I believe it's $15, but you get $5 back when you return the key. I believe they stay open as long as there is anyone in the park. The place where you get the key also sells souvenirs, so they stay open until almost everyone is gone. We will definitely be renting a locker that day. I would get one early. They may run out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter