240 points for rent $15 pp- SSR is home resort, Jan UY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a studio for 2 adults from 12/13-12/15 preferably in BLT or Poly but open to others with availablity. Thank you!

I'm looking for a studio for 2 adults from 12/13-12/15 preferably in BLT or Poly but open to others with availablity. Thank you!

Nothing at BLT, but Poly has availability 32 pts $480. Copper Creek is available 30 pts $450 and Grand Floridian is available 34 points $510.

Is there availability at AK (Value) 12/24/2020-1/1/2021? How much would that be? (Sorry probably 2 adults, should have mentioned)

Is there availability at AK (Value) 12/24/2020-1/1/2021? How much would that be? (Sorry probably 2 adults, should have mentioned)

No no Value available, I'm sorry.

There is a standard available 12/24-28 for $1,590 if you wanted to do a split stay at another resort for the last 4 days.

No....the maximum a studio would sleep would be 5. Old Key West has two beds but no sofa. And, a few of the other resorts have a sofa bed and a pullout single bed under the TV.

Riviera would have a Murphy bed and pullout, but that's about the closest you'd get to an actual bed and not a sofa bed.

But, in any case, Disney (and the fire code) will not allow more occupants in the room than it (officially) sleeps.

Thank you so much for the information! Our circumstances actually changed and now it’s just gonna be four of us so do you have some thing for those same dates the 27th through January 2 for four? Maybe animal kingdom or something else? The cheapest points possible :-)

The cheapest availability would be Old Key West at 114. SSR would be about the same at 115.

The only other studio option would be BLT lake view, which is much higher, and I won't have enough points for.

All other resorts are partial availability.

Thank you so much for the information! Our circumstances actually changed and now it’s just gonna be four of us so do you have some thing for those same dates the 27th through January 2 for four? Maybe animal kingdom or something else? The cheapest points possible :-)

Hello! I am interested in renting 7/24-7/31. I need to sleep 5. Beach Club would be #1 choice. Thanks!!

Ok. Which one is better of the 2 in your opinion? Only stayed at the Caribbean beach resort once. Only been to DW once! For transportation, newness, experience etc? We’d like to book one:)

Gosh, I'd probably say it's really close to a tie between them. Have stayed at both, really like both.

Old Key West is very lovely, is pretty newly refurbished, and the studios have 2 beds, which is a pretty huge plus. The resort itself is very charming, and I always feel "home" when I'm there. The pool area is enjoyable but nothing outstanding either. The boat to Disney Springs is nice, but I'm not entirely sure it's even running at the time. Another con is that food options are pretty limited. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but just not a lot of variety.

Saratoga Springs will be a bit hit or miss on the "newness" factor. If you spring for the preferred rooms, you should have a nice new room. Now, the non-refurbished rooms....it is still clean, it is still well-appointed don't get me wrong. They do the best they can with what they have. BUT.....the pullout couches are hor.rend.ous. So, if you can do the preferred upgrade, you'd be getting a Murphy Bed, which is a huge upgrade. Transportation-wise it's a winner, especially if you spend a lot of time in Disney Springs. Also, if you want to go to any of the other resorts, it's an easy walk over to the bus station, and you can catch the bus there. The food isn't as good quality as Old Key West, but they have a few different options, and we found the Grill at the Paddock to be pretty good. Plus you are a stone's throw away from a TON of yummy food.

Then there is the experience side of things you mention: like many have and will say, it's really up to you and your family and what kind of vacation you enjoy. OKW to me feels like "old Disney." It feels like a home away from home. There is a sense of peace when I'm there. You feel like you are away from it all. I give OKW the edge by a hair. BUT...there is also something very enjoyable about sitting on the rockers at SSR, on the river, watching boats go by and the comings and going of DS.

Ultimately, I don't think you can go wrong....but from the comfort side of things, I would recommend OKW or the refurbed SSR rooms.

Gosh, I'd probably say it's really close to a tie between them. Have stayed at both, really like both.

Old Key West is very lovely, is pretty newly refurbished, and the studios have 2 beds, which is a pretty huge plus. The resort itself is very charming, and I always feel "home" when I'm there. The pool area is enjoyable but nothing outstanding either. The boat to Disney Springs is nice, but I'm not entirely sure it's even running at the time. Another con is that food options are pretty limited. Don't get me wrong, the food is good, but just not a lot of variety.

Saratoga Springs will be a bit hit or miss on the "newness" factor. If you spring for the preferred rooms, you should have a nice new room. Now, the non-refurbished rooms....it is still clean, it is still well-appointed don't get me wrong. They do the best they can with what they have. BUT.....the pullout couches are hor.rend.ous. So, if you can do the preferred upgrade, you'd be getting a Murphy Bed, which is a huge upgrade. Transportation-wise it's a winner, especially if you spend a lot of time in Disney Springs. Also, if you want to go to any of the other resorts, it's an easy walk over to the bus station, and you can catch the bus there. The food isn't as good quality as Old Key West, but they have a few different options, and we found the Grill at the Paddock to be pretty good. Plus you are a stone's throw away from a TON of yummy food.

Then there is the experience side of things you mention: like many have and will say, it's really up to you and your family and what kind of vacation you enjoy. OKW to me feels like "old Disney." It feels like a home away from home. There is a sense of peace when I'm there. You feel like you are away from it all. I give OKW the edge by a hair. BUT...there is also something very enjoyable about sitting on the rockers at SSR, on the river, watching boats go by and the comings and going of DS.

Ultimately, I don't think you can go wrong....but from the comfort side of things, I would recommend OKW or the refurbed SSR rooms.
Wow! Thank you for that info! 2 last things, does SSR the preferred upgrade studio require more points? I think we’d like to stay there more, or animal kingdom if it opens up. Also are there any deals on Walt Disney World tickets while staying at the resort I can get ASAP? And the resort has a free airport shuttle if I’m correct?

I am interested in Poly Standard View Studio for Dec 19th through the 24th. Do you still have points available?

Thanks,
Stephen

I am interested in Poly Standard View Studio for Dec 19th through the 24th. Do you still have points available?

Thanks,
Stephen

Oh shoot. Unfortunately I am just a little shy of the number of points you'd need. You need 92 points, and I only have 81 left. It is available, though! So I am sure you might be able to find someone else with enough points...good luck!

Wow! Thank you for that info! 2 last things, does SSR the preferred upgrade studio require more points? I think we’d like to stay there more, or animal kingdom if it opens up. Also are there any deals on Walt Disney World tickets while staying at the resort I can get ASAP? And the resort has a free airport shuttle if I’m correct?

Yes, the preferred studio is more points.

I do have some good news: there is a Standard Studio at Jambo House that is currently available. I just checked. Not sure how long it will be available, but if that's your desired location, you may want to jump on it. Unfortunately, I would not have enough points, but I am sure you'd be able to find others on these boards that could help you out.

No, there are not any deals on park tickets for those staying at resorts. But yes, Disney Magical Express will transport you to/from MCO free of charge. If you fly into Orlando-Sanford, though, it does not go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter