• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2BR for 9??

luke7203

Earning My Ears
We are new to DVC and are considering letting some family come along with us on our first stay. There would be 9 of us total (5 adults and four kids-14, 12, 10 &6) and we are looking at the 2BR villas. Anyone have any suggestions on which ones would be best/worst?

Thanks!

We did kidani. It had 2 queens with own bathroom for one bedroom. Another bedroom with a king and full bathroom and then a double(?) size pull out in livingroom to sleep two as well as a pull out sofa chair that can sleep 1 as well. For the life of me I can’t recall another bathroom.
Living room area, kitchen with counter that had and several seats, eating area table which had a bench and chairs.
Love the resort ( tho Jambo is still a favorite).
It really depends on privacy needs and comforts required. Only you know what your group can work with. We had extended family in 2 other rooms. Same floor but not next to each other.
Best of luck wherever you go. Nothing like making Big gathering memories. Enjoy!

I'd want a 2BR with sleeping spaces for everyone and with 3 full bathrooms. That would be BLT or Kidani. A Treehouse villa would give you 3 bedrooms for only a few more points although is just 2 full bathrooms.

I had 7 (3 adults and 4 kids) in 2 bedrooms at kidani and bay lake. It was too many people for kidani, the villa just wasn’t big enough. We had plenty of space at bay lake.

OKW has the largest 2 BRs, and they sleep nine. It only has two bathrooms, though, which might be fine for you depending on the family members going.
The master bathroom is split with a sink and tub in one space and sink, toilet and shower in the other. THV has three bedrooms, but one bedroom is a set of bunk beds with bunk sized mattresses (smaller than twin sized). That might work for the two younger kids depending how tall the 10 yr old is.

On our first DVC stay, we booked at two bedroom villa at OKW for five of us and it was comfortable. Nine would be crowded.

We've stayed in all three of the 2BR mentioned - AK Kidani, BLT and OKW. OKW is absolutely the largest. BLT and Kidani both have the extra bathroom, which is probably necessary with that many people. Between BLT and Kidani, I'd go with BLT. The walk to/from MK is great, especially after the fireworks. Plus, the Contemporary next door has nice food options as do the other resorts on the monorail.

We did kidani. It had 2 queens with own bathroom for one bedroom. Another bedroom with a king and full bathroom and then a double(?) size pull out in livingroom to sleep two as well as a pull out sofa chair that can sleep 1 as well. For the life of me I can’t recall another bathroom.
Living room area, kitchen with counter that had and several seats, eating area table which had a bench and chairs.
Love the resort ( tho Jambo is still a favorite).
It really depends on privacy needs and comforts required. Only you know what your group can work with. We had extended family in 2 other rooms. Same floor but not next to each other.
Best of luck wherever you go. Nothing like making Big gathering memories. Enjoy!

Kidani 2br villas have 3 bathrooms. The one bedroom villas have 2 so the added on studio gives you the 3rd bathroom. ;)

Treehouse villas would be my choice for most space. That is what we did. However we had 4 adults and 6 kids (3 teenage girls, 2 younger kids and one under 3). Fantastic place and one of the reasons (besides location, spa, golf, Disney springs, etc) that we purchased SSR, knowing that we would bring other than the 5 of us to Disney. Added bonus is you can grill just outside your door (or steps).

Treehouse villas would be my choice for most space. That is what we did. However we had 4 adults and 6 kids (3 teenage girls, 2 younger kids and one under 3). Fantastic place and one of the reasons (besides location, spa, golf, Disney springs, etc) that we purchased SSR, knowing that we would bring other than the 5 of us to Disney. Added bonus is you can grill just outside your door (or steps).
You definitely need kids for the THV to work, unless you have short adults who can fit in those bunk beds in the third bedroom. They are shorter and narrower than twin beds.

VGF 2BR lockoff (not dedicated) has sleeping spaces for 10 (Murphy beds in both the living room and studio). It might be an advantage if 2 others dont want to share beds at the expense of a pullout in the studio.
(2) full bathrooms, but the studio’s split bathroom allows (2) shower rooms at the same time.

I’d still lean to BLT or Kidani.

If you have points for a GF 2 BR, I would use those points and get an OKW GV. 4 full bathrooms, 3 bed rooms plus a queen sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper chair. And more sq feet then 2 of those 2 BR units at GF. Summer rates, OKW 470 GF 2 BR std view 468 to me a no brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter