• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2nd Anniversary on the Magic 11/6/13

Multiquote to come later... but WELCOME friends!! :grouphug:

So we open the door. My attention immediately goes to the yellow tapestry on the bed. I was wondering if we would get red or blue, and I was kind of shocked to see the yellow. I liked it!

My eyes shift to the new cabinets that replaced the steamer trunks I had seen in photos, they're nice.... eyes shifting as I enter the room further....

There is a connecting door.

You can insert any phrase in here that you feel I would say, because I assure you it is not appropriate to type. Those who know me best can laugh at their best guess of my reaction right now. :headache:

This can not be real life. I have a moment of rage. I don't even know how this could be. I run to the couch to look it up online to make sure I'm not losing my mind. Everything I see says that this is a non-connecting room... but I'm looking at this DOOR that is clearly a connector. Now DH is riled up because he hates noise. The sign at guest services earlier said there are no upgrades, so that was out. Sigh. Apparently with the dry dock they added some connecting cabins and we were one of them. What can we do?? Let's just hope there is quiet people next door who thought they were getting a non-connector too. :sad2:

Time to accept and move on and keep checking out the room......WHAT is THAT?

A decent sized puddle in my window? Clearly I'm not in the right frame of mind as I think to myself... we're going to drown. Then I remember that this is not a submarine.... we are above water. :rotfl2: My guess is that we did have a leaky window and this happened while pressure washing. I sopped it up with a Kleenex so I didn't have to dwell on it.

King DH puts his feet up and starts to channel surf:happytv: I get to work and start going thru all the papers and try to make a plan now that I have all this info. Every 3 minutes I open the door and look down the hall to see if our luggage is coming. This does not make the system go any faster, but I was a bit overstimulated. After an overview of paperwork I knew that I wanted to watch for spa offers, I wanted to see Disney Dreams (night 1) and Villains Tonight (night 2) for sure. Whoop Whoop there's our luggage! I wanted to unpack and get situated immediately and get that out of the way. There was plenty enough space for all of our stuff. We wayyyyy over packed. As I was unpacking, I realized how ridiculous it really was.

Just as we were putting the last pieces away, it was about time to get to the spa for the raffle. Not that I ever win anything, but hey... it's worth a shot.

From reading about locations on here, some people mention what a haul it is from side to side. We left with plenty of time to get back up to Senses, and still had time to explore a bit. I guess we're just accustomed to walking Disney World a couple times per week... but we thought everything was crazy close and nothing was more than a 7 minute walk away. I liked that.

Everyone piled into the fitness center and the drawing would start in 5 minutes!

I am confused over the dining rotation concern. Did you think you wouldn't see the AP show because of Pirate night?

I'm in! Excited to hear all about the new Magic!
Glad you were feeling better in time for your vacation :thumbsup2

Thanks!

can't wait for this just planned our trip on the magic for april 28th and had not been thinking of doing a cruise at all so now I am in major planning mode and am trying to get all the info I can looking forward to your report:)

We may be jumping on that one if a FL rate comes out to make our May 2nd a B2B!

Subbing. . . We were on this cruise, too! What an amazing time we had!! Can't wait to hear all abut your anniversary cruise.
FTR, we were all a little land sick and this was our third cruise, eek!

Ours lasted 3 days. Next time I may take some meds!!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Yay!!!!!

Tuning in for your report! :cool1:

Welcome!

I haven't logged into the DIS in a millennia...

ANYWAY, I would also do anything for the pizza. Just FYI. I want pictures of the room!

I'm very glad you're here :yay:

Loving your report! And the photos :thumbsup2

We sail Dec. 18 and its so nice to see what it will be like arriving, checking in, etc.

-Waiting for more! :hourglass

Hello!!!!!!

Loving your trip report :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Going on the Magic 1/17/2014. Can't wait

Just over a month!! So exciting!!!

I found you! And I'm all caught up! Please keep writing as I need something to read as I slowly heal. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you're here :) Wish you could really be... HERE!

:wave2: Deena!!

Will print and get caught up later .... getting ready to go someplace today ... :rolleyes1

heck you can give me an update in person!!

See you Wed! :cool1:

:wave2: Linda, remember to give me an update today :hug:

Hi Janet!!

:hug: Hello sweetie!!!! (I should TOTALLY be packing as we leave for the airport in a few hours...but in true PACKcrastination PAScrastination :rolleyes:....I'd much rather read your TR):thumbsup2

I hope you're having an amazing time!!! Happy to have you here!

Deena I can not wait to read more!

Well Hello there!!!!!

I am confused over the dining rotation concern. Did you think you wouldn't see the AP show because of Pirate night?

Hello! They did not have us scheduled for a regular AP night, so the waitstaff would be in Pirate gear, we would have the Pirate menu (and never experience the AP menu), and there would be Pirate scenes on the screens. We were really looking forward to the AP show. :wizard:

We were also on this cruise. Had such a good time. Beautiful weather. Sad to come home to reality.

:hug: I think a leaky window would have me :scared1: You handled yourself well :goodvibes Looking forward to more details popcorn::

When he is presented with a situation where he has to call somewhere or talk to someone, he changes his voice, and almost a little bit of an English accent comes out. I remember a while ago I had asked him to call Red Lobster to see when they closed and I hear, "Um, yes ma'am, can you tell me what time your establishment closes?" :lmao::rotfl2: Perhaps you needed to hear it, or know him personally to find it quite as funny as I do. I am visioning him going to Palo with his "phone voice" asking for a reservation with his "Um, yes Sir" salutation. I'm laughing as I type this.
:

I was literally laughing out loud reading this. My boyfriend is exactly like your husband he hates planning or details, hates socially being in a group of people he doesn't know, refuses to ask people for help unless absolutely needed. He also gets so ackward and uses what seems like a different vocabulary. Meanwhile I love planning, would be a travel agent if I would of realized it before too late in schooling, I also like meeting new people and have no problem talking to stangers when I need somthing. So funny.

Btw I really like the detail of your trip report. Looking forward to more.

Loving the review...but where are the pictures.....we need those too!!!!
And yes the Magic did add a lot of connecting rooms and it wasn't know where till after she came back from refurb. Basically they told people they could not gaurantee you a room that did not connect because they (the reservations staff) did not know, only that several were being added.

Hi. I am reading and love it so far. Our Magic trip is in February.popcorn:::coffee:

Haven't been on the Magic since it was refurb so give lots a details.

Thanks

What happened to the rest of this? I guess we were warned in her first post. Lol.

We live by WDW too! Southern part of Osceola County. Poinciana. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter