2nd Covid 19 Booster Shot

JustSailingBy

Earning My Ears
I'm fully vaccinated with 2 doses of Pfizer, and my first booster after that was also Pfizer which was done in 12/2021. I'm scheduled for my 2nd Booster from Pfizer this June 9th, and my cruise Sail Date is June 18th. I'll be tested for Covid19th as required by DCL on the 17th. Do you think it's a bad idea to get my 2nd booster shot on June 9th knowing I'll be tested for Covid on the 17th? Or is it in fact a great idea? Thanks!

The booster won’t give a false positive on a Covid test. So if that’s your concern then you will be fine.

some people get a bit sick after the shot... I have two out of the three I've had. So that might be something to keep in mind while you are preparing to leave on your vacation.

I agree with checking with your doctor first. We just got our second booster shot but we're not sailing until September. I don't have any issues with the Moderna vaccine but my wife gets super tired for a few days.

some people get a bit sick after the shot... I have two out of the three I've had. So that might be something to keep in mind while you are preparing to leave on your vacation.
Good point, but if OP gets the booster on the 9th and doesn't depart until the 18th, that should be plenty of time for any side effects to have come and gone. (But, as others have noted, those are side effects, not symptoms of COVID).

I’m watching my timing too. Our next cruise is September 3rd. Will be getting our second booster early august. My last booster was 8 months ago. I had covid just last month after my last cruise. Guessing my protection has faded. We’ve done Pfizer for all of our shots and no reactions at all. I have a cruise early September and early November so need to watch my timing

Good point, but if OP gets the booster on the 9th and doesn't depart until the 18th, that should be plenty of time for any side effects to have come and gone. (But, as others have noted, those are side effects, not symptoms of COVID).
their cruise leaves on the 18th, but who knows when their vacation starts, or what they need to do in preparation. It's just something to keep in mind if you don't want to be feeling like hot garbage during it.

Does Disney require boosters if eligible to be considered fully vaccinated?
No, but if you will be cruising in Europe, you should double check requirements. Some countries require additional testing for those not boosted and/or who received the initial shot(s) more than 270 days from the date of the cruise.

This would be my only concern, with 2/3 of mine I’ve had the worst arm pain for 1-2 weeks.

The booster won’t give a false positive on a Covid test. So if that’s your concern then you will be fine.
My nephew is Manager of Public Health Unit and this is what he confirms also. We wanted to get a booster as close to cruising as possible, our original vaxx were more than a year ago, probably no immunity left. We have just had our fourth.

ive been waiting and waiting for green light on second booster - now I think its too close to our cruise (aug 15) were it to be greenlit.

Shot 1 no symptoms but sore arm. Shot 2 messed with my cycle a bit for a few months. Shot 3 REALLY messed my cycle up and if I got it tomorrow it would just make it too much of a risk of misery.

Super pro vax regardless (my kids just got their booster in late may) but i would skip it for me until we got back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter