2nd Solo Newly retired😁

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
I am retiring at the age of 64 1/2 which is almost 2 years sooner than my full retirement age 😁😁
I am done on April 28th and will be at POFQ on April 30-May 4th. My first solo was May 2021 during COVID so I am really looking forward to a "mask less" trip. Flights booked. Airport transport booked. Time to get started on my prep walking

I'm past full retirement age and still plan to keep working - for as long as I physically can.

I love solo trips and POFQ. I go every September. Have fun!

I'm past full retirement age and still plan to keep working - for as long as I physically can.
I have raised 2( 41 & 39) sons and one grandson (23) am completely debt free except basic utility bills monthly. My husband has a union pension which is definitely a plus. I will probably pick up something part time after the summer but it feels good to not HAVE to work and work only because I want to for extra Disney $$$....POFQ is my all time favorite and out of 7 trips this will be my 5th time at this resort. You don't mess with perfection..LOL. Enjoy your solo in Sept.

Good for you. The first thing that I did after my retirement in Dec. 2010 was start packing and moved to North Carolina. That's a big decision and life change for old people to make. Fortunately, the only part of my being that is old, is my physical body, the brain still hasn't left 21. That can be dangerous if you don't make necessary changes and not try to do the things you did at 21. That could be fatal.

Anyway, my plan was to go every year, either solo or with family and did pretty will for the first 7 years and then the body started to be problematic. I went in 2017 and again in 2019, that last one required my renting a scooter because I could walk but couldn't walk the parks anymore or stand in lines. The scooter solved that problem on both counts. Didn't need to cut any lines when I could just sit and ride my way through the switchback lines.

I am retiring at the age of 64 1/2 which is almost 2 years sooner than my full retirement age 😁😁
I am done on April 28th and will be at POFQ on April 30-May 4th. My first solo was May 2021 during COVID so I am really looking forward to a "mask less" trip. Flights booked. Airport transport booked. Time to get started on my prep walking
It's addicting! We're retired and DH keeps booking scuba trips to places that have nothing for a non-diver. When he goes, I go to Orlando! I was there in February (caught covid for the 2nd time, both times in Orlando :oops:). So far I've got a solo trip booked for Nov 2023, planning May 2024, Sept 2024, and he just booked a trip for Sept 2025! Wish Disney would sell out of state AP's again, I would spend more time there if they did. I will be alternating trips - Universal, Disney, Universal, etc instead of splitting trips since I have a Uni AP but it is more cost effective to do 1 longer Disney trip instead of a few days. Looking to do a DVC rental at Riviera (tower studio room) next May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter