• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 adults on rides

MacDalt

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of riding with 3 adults. Our group is actually 2 teens and a mom. I'm just trying to figure out which rides I will have to be alone. Anyone do the parks with this type of group?

3 can board Haunted Mansion, Pirates, maybe Little Mermaid, HM and Mermaid could be a tight squeeze depending on the size of the riders.

I visited with my sister and niece (3 adults). And I rode as odd man out, fairly often. Usually, I would sit in the middle of the seat. One word of caution - do not do that on Spaceship Earth. I do not want to ruin the surprise, so I will just say, that the attraction takes your image at the beginning of the ride and you need to be on the right or left side (you will see the flash - then move to the middle if you find it more comfortable).

I visited with my sister and niece (3 adults). And I rode as odd man out, fairly often. Usually, I would sit in the middle of the seat. One word of caution - do not do that on Spaceship Earth. I do not want to ruin the surprise, so I will just say, that the attraction takes your image at the beginning of the ride and you need to be on the right or left side (you will see the flash - then move to the middle if you find it more comfortable).

So you rode alone? I don't mind sharing with strangers. Which rides did you all ride together?

RnR is for 2 people, as well as TSM. Others?

EE and BTMRR are two that came to mind. Also, even though I've seen more than 2 adults squeeze into the HM, Finding Nemo and Journey of the Little Mermaid doom buggies and clamshells, I would think it would be way more confortable with just 2 adults (DF and I ride them together and I dont think we would fit another adult in there without being squished)!

So you rode alone? I don't mind sharing with strangers. Which rides did you all ride together?

I can not remember sharing a with a stranger - though I would not have been opposed to it at all.

Wish I could remember better. The ones I remember sitting in a different seat
Hmm... the shooter ones.. Toy Story Mania and Buzz Lightyear will only take 2 per car. So I rode alone on those.
Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Magic Carpets - different seat, same vehicle

Since my niece does not enjoy thrill rides, the coasters were only my sister and myself.

Most of the rides seem geared towards even numbers.

Space Mtn is a single row so three will be back to back to back.

Pirates is a row that fits more than three; so is Jungle Cruise, it's a small world.

I'm travelling in a trio next week, my 14 yr old son and my mother. We will do a lot together but often allow the kid to be a solo feature (he's done Disney for years, has an iPhone, I'm not worried). I expect to do some of the headliners with my son and not mom (she doesn't do the coasters), and a few with her and not him (he doesn't like Splash Mtn). I'll do some alone (neither of them will ride EE with me...weirdos).

There a quite a few where a trio can stay together and no one is odd out...the CM's just won't find a single to put with you if they don't have the time or the inclination. Like on BTMRR, if they can't find a single in time, you'll be sitting in front of or behind a pair.

Space Mountain is perfect for you though! 3 Seats in a car. If you want photos, be sure to ask to be seated in the same vehicle as DD and I have been one behind the other before but in different vehicles (so different photos). We often meet up with friends at WDW and usually manage to pick and odd number. We just take turns. It's mostly the coasters where you will be split

They usually fill the gaps with a single rider if there is a SR line, so you rarely ride alone unless it's fairly quiet or they just missed the seat next to you.

If' you're all quite petite, you may get 3 in on BTMR although I don't recommend it for those with any one person in the party who lifts arms on the ride. DD has managed to elbow me in the jaw and I've hit her on the head with the lens of my camera when we squeezed three in. I think they asked us some of the times if we wanted to all squeeze in together. We learned to say no thank you when we had an extra person with us.

They put me on TSM and the gal behind me decided she was going to ride with me instead of waiting for her family to get on the next seating, for whatever reason; she wasn't supposed to be riding with me but she jumped on.

3 adults couldn't ride that in the same side of the car. And there's only 2 guns.

On most of the dark rides (HM, BL, BTMRR, all the kiddie Fantasyland dark rides, Spaceship Earth, etc.), one of you can ride alone in a car. We've been there with a party of 3 a bunch of times and they always let us do this.

On the roller coaster rides where the seats are in rows of 2, you'll end up with a seat mate from the standby single rider line, or perhaps mixed with some other odd numbered party's extra person.

But you will be surprised how many of the rides with 2 person seats who will simply let one of you ride alone.

I've gone with 2 friends and we don't try to squeeze in. One of us will ride alone, we kind of take turns. No formal your turn, my turn, it just happens.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of riding with 3 adults. Our group is actually 2 teens and a mom. I'm just trying to figure out which rides I will have to be alone. Anyone do the parks with this type of group?

Why would only you have to be alone? We were a family of three and we let our son pick and choose each time for an attraction if we were split up. Ride with mom? ride with dad? ride alone? This was extremely fun as he grew older and wanted to be a "cool kid". We just told the seater Cast Member that we were a party of three and if they gave us two rows to enter, we already had that contingency in mind so my son would shout "me and dad!" or "me and mom!" or "see you later guys!"

Have fun and don't look at it as a downfall.

Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, IASW, Transit Authority, Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, Star Tours, ToT, Primeval Whirl, Dinosuar, Safari as well as all the sit down shows.
As a group of 3 I have had people ride next to me on RnR, Expedition Everest, Toy Story Mania - pretty much where there is a single rider line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter