• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Bridges or Jaleo for arrival night?

wendy welcher

DVC Devotee
We arrive this Sunday afternoon and have never tried either of these. I had thought we would try Jaleo later in the week for lunch but it seems better for dinner given everything we would want to try. I have heard great things about both and can't seem to make up my mind. Any thoughts or opinions?

Disclaimer: I've only eaten at one (Jaleo) but my recommendation would be more what you want to do your first night. Are you traveling all day? Want to relax and take it easy? Have an easy drive to WDW and will arrive ready to hit the ground running?

Disney Springs on Sunday will be intense with crowds. Peak season, heavy crowds, loooots of people/activity. If you anticipate that to be your vibe on your arrival day, Jaleo is a fantastic choice.

If you want to hang near your resort/a nearby resort, take a slower pace, unwind a bit, I'd go with 3 Bridges. I haven't eaten there but have heard good things. The resort is lovely to walk around, though, if you aren't already staying there.

We really enjoyed Three Bridges when we stayed at CSR in early December. The food was very good. Just be warned - I don't know if it was an off night, but the standby wait on the app was WAY off. A 10 minute estimated wait was almost an hour. It was a beautiful night and we really didn't mind - we'll just be prepared next time!

We’ve eaten at and really enjoyed both Jaleo and Three Bridges. It’s really hard to give a recommendation without more context. If you want to spend the evening in DS, Jaleo is a great choice. If you’re stay at CSR and want to have a relaxed evening after your drive, 3 Bridges would be my choice. I guess I’d base my decision more on how you want to spend the night vs the particular restaurant since I really like both. For us, we’ve found that part of our satisfaction with our evening and meal is fitting the restaurant into our plans. Sometimes the restaurant is the destination…and sometimes it’s not.

I will also say we had the opposite experience of Marthasor with Three Bridges waitlist app. We were quoted something like an hour and it ended up being like 20 minutes. So, who knows?! LOL

Jaleo was the standout meal on our last trip and has become a must do for our next trip.
Not sure I would go to DS just for Jaleo, if you didn't want to spend time looking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter