3 day double dip

GeezeLouise

Earning My Ears
Is that 3 day double dip too short? I was thinking it might be good if we view it as a way to just get away. Not sure. It's very much "in budget".

It's still a nice way to get away and relax even for just a few days. But it will definitely go by so fast so just enjoy every moment!

As long as you go into it knowing it is going to be super short - and knowing there is 100% no way to do it all - it shouldn’t be horrid.

While I feel a 3 night cruise is always too short, its still a nice weekend getaway type trip. And what better place to go for a getaway than CC? ;)

Do both of the 3 day double dips on the Fantasy next year in the same room. It'll be like a 6 day cruise, 4 days at Castaway.

I'm likely going on a cruise in April, would this cruise go up a lot in cost by then. I'd love to book it while on the cruise. The timing is GREAT for me. Never thought of doing two cruises. Can you leave your stuff in your room?

I'm likely going on a cruise in April, would this cruise go up a lot in cost by then. I'd love to book it while on the cruise. The timing is GREAT for me. Never thought of doing two cruises. Can you leave your stuff in your room?
I don't have a read on how cruise prices change, and understand that the deposit isn't small potatoes. I've done Back to back cruises on the Dream and Fantasy. If you have the same room each time, you can leave all of your stuff in the room unpacked. If you have to change rooms, your room host will move all of your PACKED bags to your new room for you.

Do both of the 3 day double dips on the Fantasy next year in the same room. It'll be like a 6 day cruise, 4 days at Castaway.
Too many times eating at Cookies in a short amount of time for me.

It’s definitely feels like a weekend getaway and well within a budget. I’ve done 3,4 and 7 night with DCL and I prefer the longer cruises now. Even the 7-night was jam packed full of events to keep me busy and I still didn't get to do it all. I Didn't even have a chance to watch Avengers Endgame. They played it at 2pm on CC day which was silly and on the last night of the cruise at 11:45 PM.

The B2B option will get you to platinum a lot quicker but then you’ve got another muster drill to deal with. 🙃

Last edited:
I am with DIS_MIKe. Done all of the above and prefer longer. But last night we found ourselves surfing for a short 3 night trip to fill in the gap of waiting too long for another vacation (next June!) They are short and quick, but we enjoy them and they do hit the "reset" button for me.

Is that 3 day double dip too short? I was thinking it might be good if we view it as a way to just get away. Not sure. It's very much "in budget".

I'm spoiled for long cruises now, but we did the 3-day double dip on the Fantasy in 2017 after it came back from dry dock and it was incredible. A very relaxing weekend, for sure.

We sometimes go to Toronto for the weekend. Stay at a nice hotel, a couple of nice dinners, maybe not really do anything special. This seems pretty much the same to me - it's just a different venue. When we're both retired, we plan to do spontaneous trips like this even though we generally prefer longer cruises and I can take or leave CC. Sounds like a great weekend getaway to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter