• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

3 Day trip to the world

dw123

DW Fan
My son, daughter and I headed down to Disney from the frigid North on Presidents day - for a couple day vacation.

We arrived at the Orlando airport around 6:30 (which was a little late), and headed out as quickly as we could for our 7:30 reservations at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney. I hadn't thought out all the parking changes there, and we got to the restaurant at about 8:00. The place was mobbed with a 2 hour wait, but they honored our reservation and we got it. It took a while for the food and check, but the meal was great and the kids had fun. We left after 9:30, and checked in at Saratoga Springs, our first time there. We had a studio in Congress Hall. As soon as we got in, the kids crashed.

Woke up early and headed to the Magic Kingdom for opening on Tuesday. Got there about 7:40, and saw the opening show, then went right the the Seven dwarves mine (first time). Got right on. Nice ride, but way to short. By the time we got off, it was showing an hour wait. We then did Peter Pan, Indy race cars, and then Dumbo. We then headed over to Splah Mountain, for our first fast pass + experience - worked great. We then did BTMRR on our Fast Pass +, then Pirates, then ate an early lunch (about 11:00) at Casey's. We then walked through a couple stores in Tomorrowland and used our last fast pass + on Buzz Light Year. We headed back to the hotel after that (my son fell asleep in the car). We let him rest some, then woke up, got on the swimsuits, and headed to the big pool for a couple hours, which was nice. We went back to the room to get dressed, and headed back to MK just before 5 - and it was raining (which we were happy about because we knew it meant people would leave!).

Took the monorail, and then hopped the train to Frontierland. Because it was still raining, BTMRR and Splash were down (something was wrong with Splash), so we ate at Pecos Bills. Using the My Disney app, we saw Magic Carpets was running, even though it was raining, so got my daughter a poncho and rode the ride twice with no line. We then did Jungle Cruise, then headed over to Fantasyland. Hit Small World, Philharmagic, Teacups, and then the Laugh Floor. Checked the app and went right to Winnie the Pooh with no line, then went to BTMRR. Hopped the train back to Main St and called it a night.

Wednesday we got up extra early for a 7:00 opening at AK. Never had the opportunity for a 7:00 start before! When we pulled into the lot about 6:45, there were no more than 30 guest cars there! Awesome! Got into the park just after rope drop, and went to Dinoland to rid Triceratops spin twice. Went to Everest where my daughter rode that 5 times with no wait. We then went to Kilamanjaro with minimal wait, then went back to Dinoland for Dinosaur - a first for my son. He liked it! (which I wasn't sure if he would or not). Did some shopping and then did Festival of the Lion King at 10:00. Ate an arly lunch at Pizzafari, and headed out for a swim (son fell asleep again).

It was cooler today, but we still hit the pool for 2 hours, then went back to the park. Saw It's tough to be a bug, then my daughter and I took turns using our 3 fastpasses for Everst while the other one played in the Boneyard with my son. When we were done with that, we all rode Primevil Whirl. We then headed out back to SSR, parked the car, walked to Downtown Disney, and had our reservation at T-Rex. After we ate, we did some shopping at the Lego store, walked through World of Disney and headed back. The kids passed out, so I did some shopping in the SSR gift shop, and then went to sleep as well. We had an early flight Thursday.

Great trip - packed so much in it seemd longer than just a couple days. Loved Fast Pass + - was really concerned I wasn't going to like it. Loved the app with the wait times - made us way more efficient. SSR was very nice, but seemed a little far out to me. Great trip for everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter