3 months free on APs

I've alway wanted a Universal AP and this promo drove me to finally dive in! I am so excited as I turn 40 in September and this is my birthday present to myself - a year of Harry Potter and VelociCoaster!

Is it really true that there is no time limit to activate the pass? I wonder if one could wait long enough for the pass to still be good for Epic Universe when it opens Summer 2025?

There’s no time limit but it will not include the new park. It is specifically a 2 park or 3 (with Volcano Bay) park pass.

There’s no time limit but it will not include the new park. It is specifically a 2 park or 3 (with Volcano Bay) park pass.
I don’t know about that. If UO keeps the legacy 2-park AP as something you can buy, then I agree Epic Universe could be excluded. But if they move to a structure that only sells 3-park or 4-park (with VB), I think they’d grandfather everyone with a 2-park AP into the new structure. It would be a one-time thing during the changeover year, and would create a lot of goodwill.

I assume UO has a plan for transitioning existing AP holders when the third park opens. They obviously haven’t announced it publicly, but they must have considered it.

I don’t think UO wants to deal with angry AP holders who are either excluded from Epic or asked to pay more to upgrade. We know that UO doesn’t prorate upgrades, so would they make existing 2-park APs pay the whole difference no matter how many months are left on their APs or start prorating for the transition period only?

UO has a track record of taking care of APs. My guess is they’ll let current APs have a one-time upgrade to include Epic Universe, and renewals will be under a presumably more expensive price structure. Kind of like WDW will allow people to continue to use non-expiring tickets, even though they don’t sell those anymore.

I don't see how an existing AP holder could be angry about not having access to a park that is not mentioned on their existing AP. 2 park APs clearly list IoA & US, 3 park adds VB. It's very direct language. It's not like anyone buys one & thought maybe it might mean US & EU or even VB & US or some such. There's no logical reason for Universal to honor current APs as valid for EU, regardless of when they were activated. No one should be buying an AP with the intent of activating in 2025 & accessing EU for free, or if they are then they have no right to be irked if their intended cheat doesn't pan out. Universal has lots of time to modify their AP/ticket offerings before it will impact any current APs.

I don't see how an existing AP holder could be angry about not having access to a park that is not mentioned on their existing AP. 2 park APs clearly list IoA & US, 3 park adds VB. It's very direct language. It's not like anyone buys one & thought maybe it might mean US & EU or even VB & US or some such. There's no logical reason for Universal to honor current APs as valid for EU, regardless of when they were activated. No one should be buying an AP with the intent of activating in 2025 & accessing EU for free, or if they are then they have no right to be irked if their intended cheat doesn't pan out. Universal has lots of time to modify their AP/ticket offerings before it will impact any current APs.
It’s completely reasonable for someone to buy now and activate in 2024, and still have that AP valid when EU opens in 2025. I don’t think UO will tell people they have to upgrade before their renewal date to access EU.

I think it's reasonable for people to wait til 2024 to activate an AP, but I don't think there is any reasonable expectation that any AP purchased now will grant access to EU. Especially considering APs specifically say which parks they are good for.

I think it's reasonable for people to wait til 2024 to activate an AP, but I don't think there is any reasonable expectation that any AP purchased now will grant access to EU. Especially considering APs specifically say which parks they are good for.
So what do you think UO will do with people who have active 2-park APs when EU opens? I mean, it’s not like someone buying an AP now even has the option of buying something with EU access.

If you look at old WDW tickets purchased before AK opened when AK was on the horizon, they specifically stated the tickets were valid only at parks open before x date which excluded AK. I have a few of these (used). So there is a history of theme parks excluding new gates. Hopefully Universal will prorate updrades to include the new park and not make people pay the entire price if their pass has been active more than a month, but I really doubt they will let people in free. The terms and conditions on the pass specify where you get entry.

There is also no guarantee they'll sell APs including EU right away. They might "naturally limit" attendance by requiring single day tickets only or some such.

Either way, I think they'll do right by existing AP holders, but I don't think they'll allow EU access for "free" to existing passholders. I'd like to hope they'd offer pro-rated upgrades when/if EU-inclusive APs become available. I think that's reasonable. On the other hand, having non-pro-rated upgrades to EU-inclusive APs would also naturally spread out the crowds as some people upgrade right away, and some people wait until their renewal date and upgrade then - which Universal would probably see as a positive.

I did a survey a while back for universal about possible pass prices. The passes with Epic they were proposing were far more than passes now. I highly doubt they'd grandfather in the pass with Epic without additional costs.

I thought I read somewhere about the possibility of having a reservation system for Epic as well. I did not get the survey on pricing. Right now I am super happy with my 2 park premier AP.

I did a survey that suggested they were considering allowing only one entry to EU on multi-day tickets. This was maybe a year ago. That's what makes me wonder if they'll even offer EU-inclusive APs any time soon. Or as @Stephanie Isaacson said, they'll be priced high enough to significantly reduce the amount sold.

Question about APs. We are thinking of getting 1 AP and it would make most sense to get it in our child's name as then each parent can take them individually, or even a grandparent maybe. Is there any downsides to AP being a minor? any issues using AP discount for hotel reservation? parking or using food/merchandise discounts (as obviously person paying would be the adult)?

Called Universal today -
To note: you will be credited for the Universal price on those tickets (ie, 2 day price & not as 5 day price), and if you have 3 park tickets and go to Volcano Bay, you must upgrade to a 3 park AP.

2022 I bought Universal 3-Day Park-to-Park Dated Ticket + 2 Days FREE from UCT. Well during that Halloween trip I got really sick. While attending MNSSHP I was hauled away via ambulance to a local hospital.

WDW refunded our party tickets.
The boys enjoyed using their Universal park tickets but my Park tickets were given a Case # by Guest Service at City Walk.

I'd like to turn it into an AP, anyone ever been in the same situation having a case #? I know I need to call but was hoping for any guidance, we won't be down there until Oct 24th, obviously the 3 free month promotion will have ended by then. Thanks!

Either way, I think they'll do right by existing AP holders, but I don't think they'll allow EU access for "free" to existing passholders. I'd like to hope they'd offer pro-rated upgrades when/if EU-inclusive APs become available. I think that's reasonable. On the other hand, having non-pro-rated upgrades to EU-inclusive APs would also naturally spread out the crowds as some people upgrade right away, and some people wait until their renewal date and upgrade then - which Universal would probably see as a positive.
My guess a prorated (pricey) option will be offered to allow visits to EU when one has a valid ‘activated’ AP. Not necessarily an AP but, reduced ticket prices for single or multi day tix

Don’t think they’d offer a 3 park AP to include EU unless they’d double the current prices

I’d think that they may require reservations initially, for offsite guests

Don’t see how they could tell guests in the new hotels that they couldn’t access the park. Perhaps those initial bookings will be package only deals to include park tickets, either single or multi day

It’s their chance to cash in, the stockholders expect no less. Buckle in

2022 I bought Universal 3-Day Park-to-Park Dated Ticket + 2 Days FREE from UCT. Well during that Halloween trip I got really sick. While attending MNSSHP I was hauled away via ambulance to a local hospital.

WDW refunded our party tickets.
The boys enjoyed using their Universal park tickets but my Park tickets were given a Case # by Guest Service at City Walk.

I'd like to turn it into an AP, anyone ever been in the same situation having a case #? I know I need to call but was hoping for any guidance, we won't be down there until Oct 24th, obviously the 3 free month promotion will have ended by then. Thanks!
id say call or email them - Universal has been great with these type of situations - far better than Disney in my experience.

I had a few cancellation during the covid times and again when my father passed.
I had HHN tickets and tours and had no issues getting my money back - so Id guess they would be good about crediting towards an AP - especially if you have a case #

Any idea how long Universal will continue to offer this extra 3 months for free?

Edit: A couple posted that they called and the sale is good until September 29.

I contacted Universal by email and they stated the ticket expiration countdown does not start until first used. In other words, you can buy them now but not activate until next year or even later.

Last edited:
id say call or email them - Universal has been great with these type of situations - far better than Disney in my experience.

I had a few cancellation during the covid times and again when my father passed.
I had HHN tickets and tours and had no issues getting my money back - so Id guess they would be good about crediting towards an AP - especially if you have a case #
Thank you for responding and I'm sorry about your father.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter