3 reports + links to more- 8 days since May + conversations galore

I've been slowly selling books...some I just WANT to keep. Others there's just no point. Some I've been trying to sell, but halfprice books won't take book-club books, and a bunch of the books I "inherited" from my mom are such books, and so I still have them. gotta just donate them.

Why do I keep wanting to make a profit off of gifts/inheritances? That doesn't seem right....

hmm.

No matter what happens with the items, they MUST leave the house soon. Which means that I MUST get up off my bum soon, and get them out of the closet and into the hall where I'll trip all over them until they are gone. :)

Does anyone know when the electrical parade will be showing during October, if at all?

Oh, and Molly I have a difficult time getting rid of stuff too and it makes me crazy! Recently I have been sorting and stacking and now have a gigantic pile of stuff that I am having a combined rummage sale with my friend Carrie. It will all go for pennies on the dollar but at least it will go. Anything not sold will be donated at the end of the day. Nathan is so happy to have his room back in order and space to play! Yeah! And I am thrilled not to see a giant mess when I look in there. I do have to stop thinking about what I spent on stuff and just think about the value of how I will benefit when I have more space around me, and also how someone else will benefit from the stuff.

Oh Molllyyyyyy--Virgin America is having a fare sale--$69 from Seattle to OC . . . . . . . .

Oh yes I do know the rate right now! It's the same base rate as to LAX, but the total is $30 pp higher to SNA, b/c of taxes/fees. Odd, eh?

I gotta call DVC in a little bit....if they don't have a Villa studio (and I can't imagine they will) then it will be make or break, b/c of course once you make a reservation for a hotel the points change, and you can't use 'em for a DVC place....yikes!

Tracey, answering you here...we'd be going either earlyish on the 10th or late on the 8th, my b'day is the Monday*, and we would go home on the 13th.

*WHOA! Even bigger celebration news, that the b'day falls on the celebration day this year! That almost never happens! (I'm sure it happens once every x years, of course, but who pays attention, right?)

Cheryl, would you be around at all?

Forgot to fully answer Tracey...I would be bringing the guys, alas. Well, happy for me and them, but I doubt I could squeeze you all in, especially since we'd just be going for a studio if it's available. :)

With all the traveling Robert's doing (he's in a different foreign country right now, we're IM'ing all about his redeye flights last night, he comes home Friday evening), and since we spent so much time away from him in June, it just feels better to bring them. PLus, I wouldn't want to see the Halloween stuff without them!

Does anyone know if they are playing the fireworks etc EVERY night in October, or only on weekends? Yeah, like any of us know that yet...

Oh, and by the way....R was on American Airlines last night, and although he was shoved into a middle seat on one leg of the flight (thankfully he was between two smallish, nice, women), he did NOT need the belt extender! Not on the 737 or the MD-80! Woo!

Oh, and by the way....R was on American Airlines last night, and although he was shoved into a middle seat on one leg of the flight (thankfully he was between two smallish, nice, women), he did NOT need the belt extender! Not on the 737 or the MD-80! Woo!

Yay for R. I am so proud of him. I know how hard it is to lose weight and until they figured out his health issues he was losing it, and it was an even worse uphill climb.:cheer2:

(interesting that justification and vacation are so similar!)

Oh man, what am I doing????

We're going. Columbus Day weekend. We dislike holidays there...what am I doing? :rotfl:

I'm sure Ramsey would disapprove, but hey, the trip will not be on credit at all. Car loan payoff will be pushed back a month or two (and when I say that, I mean...it will be paid off 2 years earlier than the loan is for, but 1-2 months later than we'd recently decided on!), but then again, this is going to kick me into gear to get things sold or donated. I have to clean up E's lovely jogging stroller (that's he's almost over the weight limit for) and see what I can get for it. etc etc.

There were no villas, so I did a hotel with points. I was up late last night after taking R to the airport, working out how much money each point was worth, when thinking about it over the time that the points will be available to us. Robert says I used the wrong number of years (I used too few, he says), but either way, I'm good with the expenditure of points for...the GCH...for my 40th birthday which is falling over THE holiday weekend and is going to be on THE holiday celebration day. During Disney's year of Celebration.

This is also likely the last trip in awhile, b/c our APs are running out (mine Nov 9th, a month later for the guys) and we've got to do all this financial stuff, and we want to have a huge trip NEXT year with my extended family to WDW. Might as well finish the hotel trifecta, right?

Now to book the airfare!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter