3 sisters + 2 worlds=5 days of Orlando fun! An Aug. '10 TR...final thoughts p. 45

I'm a little late, but I made it! Can't wait to hear about your WWOHP experience. You'll probably get to it in your trip report before I finally get to it in my trippie. And I went a month and half earlier:laughing:

Hi Sarah!! I am so glad I haven't missed much yet!!! I have been sooooo far behind on TR the past month!!! Do you like flying Southwest?? It sounds like you had a fun flight attendant so that has to be good! I love the fact that there are no checked bag fees, I wish they flew direct out of Minneapolis, so far just a layover at Midway I think!! Great start, can't wait to start seeing pictures and hearing about the "sister adventure"!!!:goodvibes

I'm a little late, but I made it! Can't wait to hear about your WWOHP experience. You'll probably get to it in your trip report before I finally get to it in my trippie. And I went a month and half earlier:laughing:

Yay, glad you made it over! Same goes with yours, I can't wait to hear how you guys liked WWOHP! It was so much fun!

Hi Sarah!! I am so glad I haven't missed much yet!!! I have been sooooo far behind on TR the past month!!! Do you like flying Southwest?? It sounds like you had a fun flight attendant so that has to be good! I love the fact that there are no checked bag fees, I wish they flew direct out of Minneapolis, so far just a layover at Midway I think!! Great start, can't wait to start seeing pictures and hearing about the "sister adventure"!!!:goodvibes

Hi Beth! I hear ya, I am kind of behind on all the TRs I'm reading too. And now I keep finding more to read. :rolleyes: I wonder if there is a limit on how many subscriptions you can have. :laughing: Southwest is pretty nice-so far we've had good luck with them.

Next update is coming soon...popcorn::

Happy Friday everyone!

First off, I have some good news. I got a job!!! I interviewed yesterday morning and they called me back in the afternoon to offer me the position!!! It’s actually an aide position instead of a regular classroom teacher but WHO CARES! I have spent the last 2 years substitute teaching and let’s just say I’m pretty sick of it…phone calls at 5:30 in the morning are not fun. I’m just happy because it’s at the elementary level which is what I want to teach anyway and it’s for the WHOLE year.

The (kind of) bad news though is that that probably means plans of a birthday trip will have to be postponed. The good news is that I was looking at the school calendar and spring break is going to be at the end of March so I might be able to go then. So the birthday celebration might just be a couple weeks late. Dad also mentioned something about possibly using our points to go to Disneyland next summer. Hmm…wonder if we could swing both. Haha

Just wanted to share that! Now on with the trip report…

August 8, 2010 cont'd (part 2)

Our flight out of Milwaukee was at 10:55 (we flew Southwest in case I didn’t mention that). As that time got closer and closer, there was an announcement saying that our flight was going to be delayed—but only by 10 minutes or so. I guess there had been some rain where our plan was coming from too.

Southwest has a funny way of boarding. They don’t give you assigned seats like most airlines. Instead they give you a boarding position and you have to line up by these poles according to your position. My sisters and I had B20, 21, and 22 or something like that. It doesn’t really matter for us since we’re older but it can be kind of a hassle for families with small kids. I know coming back there was this one mother and her daughter who wanted to be seated together and the daughter was SOBBING beause she thought they weren’t going to be able to. Anyways, we were lucky to be able to grab seats close to each other. Claire and I sat in one row and Emma was a couple rows in front of us.

This is where our flight gets interesting. I keep talking about how we had the best flight attendant ever. Well, it was this bigger guy and he was absolutely hilarious. Before we left they were paging a couple people who were supposed to be on our flight. So some other guy came on the plane and made an announcement saying “You’re not in trouble, we just want to know if you’re here.” When nobody responded after calling their names, our flight attendant told us that when they finally got on board everyone should applaud. Shortly after that, these two teenagers finally make their way onto the plane. Sure enough, some people started clapping. Now we could finally pull away from the gate and we got to experience the best safety spiel ever. You know how they always make the announcement saying where you’re going? Our flight attendant said how we were going to Orlando and something about Disney too. He said to the kids that if their parents came back with any money they didn’t have enough fun. LOL! That got a few chuckles. So then he got to the part in the spiel about making an emergency water landing and using the life vest under the seat. He proceeds to say, “If you are traveling with kids today…WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!” More laughs. He then went on to talk about using the oxygen masks and assisting kids. This is where he said, “If you are traveling with more than one kid…choose the one with the most potential.” Even more laughs. I don’t know about Emma but Claire and I were cracking up. Needless to say this guy was quite entertaining.

Unfortunately nothing exciting happened after that. The rest of the flight was pretty uneventful, but I guess that’s a good thing. After the typical 2 ½ hour flight we had finally made it to Orlando! Yippee! Since it was now early afternoon we wanted to find some lunch. As you all know, our usual plan is to go to Chick-Fil-A but seeing that they are closed on Sundays we couldn’t. BOO! As we took the “monorail” to the main terminal, we started to see a bunch of signs for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

39018_1394005142582_1605780003_31167559_3981985_n.jpg

After wandering around for a while, we finally decided to get something to eat from McDonald’s. Not quite the same as Chick-Fil-A but it would have to do. This is where something else strange happened. I was wearing one of my billion Marquette t-shirts and the girl at the counter asked me, “Is that your name?” Ummm…no. I told her it was the school I went to. Well, I looked at her nametag and turns out her name was Marquita. Marquette, Marquita, kind of the same thing. Maybe she thought I had the same name as her or something. But seriously who wears their name on their t-shirt?! LOL.

I know you are probably all thinking OH, just get on with this already! I normally don’t ramble this much but I had to atleast talk about our goofy flight attendant. Once we got our food we FINALLY made our way to the Disney Welcome Center to get the Magical Express. Always one of the best parts of the trip. We were able to get right in line and it was only a matter of minutes before we were on one of these:

45247_653127849594_20305212_37400141_3396319_n.jpg

:banana::banana::banana:

Up next: Arriving at Saratoga Springs

"...choose the one with the most potential." Bwahaha! :lmao::lmao: I haven't flown many different airlines, but SW has always been hugely entertaining with stuff like that. Great way to start a vacation!

Congrats on the job! Sorry about no Disney on your birthday but you can pretend :teeth:

Congrats on the job!! :yay:

Why aren't more flight attendants fun like yours? Sounds like he made the flight a lot more fun! :goodvibes

Now that you're boarding the ME the trip is really beginning! :cool1:

Congrats on the job!

I am sorry about no birthday trip but Disney will be there waiting for you :goodvibes

The flight sounds like a lot of fun! I am always get bored of the same spiel before every flight so the jokes must have been fun!

Weird about that girl asking you about your tshirt!

Can't wait till you get to WDW!

Congrats on the job! Hope you have a good class. I'm glad you had such a great flight, and I'm sorry about Chick Fil A. That is one of my favorite places. In fact for Mother's Day my kids actually bought me an I heart Chick Fil A t-shirt and I just finished a Chick Fil A shake:goodvibes

Yay for the job! That great!

Boo about postponing the trip, but at least it's only for a few weeks!

We're flying Southwest back from Disney for the first time ever on our next trip. It was weird - going there AirTran was $87 and southwest was $240, and coming back it was reversed. So we're taking one in and the other out :confused3 How hilarious about your flight attendant. I hope our flight is just as fun!

The girl at McDonalds is funny too. like you said, who wears their name on their shirt is big letters like that? Too funny!

Congratulations on the job!

If you are traveling with kids today…WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?!”

This line cracked me up! Glad you had a fun flight attendant.

Congrats on your job! :dance3:

That flight attendant was so funny! I love SW, we had some strange flight attendants on our flight back home from Disney last November...it was a later flight, we left around 5 pm, so they were telling us how we should all be quiet and they were going to dim the lights so we could just go to sleep...and they kept talking over the speakers with this quiet, soothing voice like they were trying to hypnotize us, it was funny! :rotfl:

I love the monorail at MCO! :banana: It really makes me feel like I'm so close to Disney! The ME bus looks like fun...I don't know why, it's just a bus, but it's a Disney bus! We always rent a car so we skip it, but one time I'd like to try it!:)

First off, I have some good news. I got a job!!!

That's great; congratulations!!! :woohoo:

Glad to hear you had a fun flight; we had a great flight crew when we flew Southwest last time, too. :goodvibes They really do make a huge impact on how your vacation starts!

your flight attendent sounds hysterical!!

so awesome on the new job!! it must feel good to have a steady position and hopefully it will turn into a teaching position!! :)

Congrats on the job!!!:yay: That's great news!!:thumbsup2

Too funny about your flight attendant!!:rotfl: It sounds like your trip is off to a great start!!:goodvibes

Aww....the ME bus.:lovestruc

Can't wait for more!!popcorn::

Congrats on the job! Hopefully it will turn into a full time teaching position for you.

I love how the flight attendants on SW have the freedom to be silly, it's just one of the many reasons why I like to fly with them :thumbsup2

Woohoo! Congratulations!!! Now you'll have lots of stories to share about kiddies! So great that you got a response so quickly. Too bad it interferes with a birthday trip, but it'll definitely be worth it! The security of the job for the year will definitely be worth it!

What an interesting boarding procedure! That'd probably make me nervous too, not to the point where I'd cry uncontrollably, but flying does make me a little uneasy. I guess the consolation is the really short flight! I think we're about 3 hours or less? Something like that. Fun flight attendants make it that much more bearable! And I'm sure it'd "force" me to jot some notes down for the TR. I gotta definitely take more notes next time. Right now I'm going by pictures. If we didn't have those, I wouldn't remember the order of anything!

So excited to finally ride the fake monorail in 2012! I've never even seen it since the one time we flew to Florida, we didn't go to Orlando. We flew to another city because it was cheaper and we had to rent a car anyway.

Can't wait to see pics of Saratoga! Now that I know Weird and I can rent DVC, I'm really interested in the DVC resorts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter