3 to a car

ellbell

DIS Veteran
So I've been to Disney a few times with various groups of 2. In August I'm headed down with my 2 2 teenage sons. One is 6'2" and weighs about 230lbs, the other is 5'10" and 135lbs, I am also 5'10" and plus size. Are we all going to be able to fit one one ride vehicle for rides like haunted mansion?

I'd say no on the Haunted Mansion and Under the Sea. My family of three is very uncomfortable, but we've done it. Our sizes: DH - 6' and 220, DS - 6' and 130, Me - 5'6" and 170.

My guess, if you manage Haunted Mansion, or Ariel's Under Sea adventure, it will be pretty tight and uncomfortable. Peter Pan, I would say no.

I’m going to say no. And agree with others. It would be very uncomfortable even if you do fit.

I would just take turns splitting up on rides like this. Or for me, I’d be happy to ride on my own, while my teens rode together.

That's what I figured. Kinda bums me out, it's their first time going and it would have been awesome to get their first reactions

So I've been to Disney a few times with various groups of 2. In August I'm headed down with my 2 2 teenage sons. One is 6'2" and weighs about 230lbs, the other is 5'10" and 135lbs, I am also 5'10" and plus size. Are we all going to be able to fit one one ride vehicle for rides like haunted mansion?

I would also say probably not. We were just down there and my daughter was with the band so it was just myself, husband and son. I’m 5’9” and 160, hubby is 5’11” and 205, and our son is 12 and is 5’3” and 120 and it was SO tight. We squeezed in on Haunted Mansion and Nemo but probably shouldn’t have. The rest of the time we just took turns riding with him.

We are a family of 5 and we are all averaged size. We always ride one adult with one kid. Or two adults, two kids separately. The youngest is only 3 so can squeeze in wherever. Just take turns riding with each person. And on bigger rides like a coaster, one person is always alone. That's what we do. We mix it up and everyone is happy. (Except for my 13 year old being forced to ride with an older grandpa on Slinky Dog who also had an odd number in his party. She wasn't happy about that. But in general it works out)

As others have said, I'd say no on Haunted Mansion, Under the Sea, and Nemo. You'd probably be ok on Peter Pan- we've sat 3 adults across and have been fine in it.

I think you would be very uncomfortable trying to fit three across on any ride. I would take turns riding with each son. I know it's not optimal but if you're uncomfortable it's going to take away from the experience. Trust me. One time we stuffed three across the front seat of the pooh vehicle. Not a good time.

I hate being squished. We argued for more space at a few rides last week. One was at Imagination ride, they wanted us to sit 4 across- front row. (while we are not extra EXTRA large, we are 4 adults, 3 of us women with chests, lol). We won that one. But lost the argument at Navi' and that was ridiculous. Me and my son had to ride leaning forward. I was ticked off. I understand wanting to fill the vehicles, but it is hot and uncomfortable to squeeze adults like that.

But while I understand wanting to see first ride reactions, it just might not be possible on some rides. PS the rides we griped about for 4, would easily fit your 3!

I hate being squished. We argued for more space at a few rides last week. One was at Imagination ride, they wanted us to sit 4 across- front row. (while we are not extra EXTRA large, we are 4 adults, 3 of us women with chests, lol). We won that one. But lost the argument at Navi' and that was ridiculous. Me and my son had to ride leaning forward. I was ticked off. I understand wanting to fill the vehicles, but it is hot and uncomfortable to squeeze adults like that.

But while I understand wanting to see first ride reactions, it just might not be possible on some rides. PS the rides we griped about for 4, would easily fit your 3!
Ya I'm mostly just worried about the ride vehicles for Nemo, the little mermaid ride and haunted mansion. I'm a size 16 and my one son is larger but all 3 of us are tall. I already knew that roller coasters would have them riding in front of me but I wasn't sure about those 3 particular rides.

I disagree with the poster who said 3 adults of that size would fit fine on Peter Pan. DD, niece, and myself, all under 5'5" tall, D is size 2, I'm a 4, niece is a bit bigger (xl adult size shirts) and we were squished on Peter Pan.

I disagree with the poster who said 3 adults of that size would fit fine on Peter Pan. DD, niece, and myself, all under 5'5" tall, D is size 2, I'm a 4, niece is a bit bigger (xl adult size shirts) and we were squished on Peter Pan.
I personally am not concerned with Peter Pan regardless. I've ridden it a few times and my best friend who is roughly the same size as me and I both fit fine. My boys wouldn't be interested in it. It's too short and honestly I don't think the hype is worth it.

Ya I'm mostly just worried about the ride vehicles for Nemo, the little mermaid ride and haunted mansion. I'm a size 16 and my one son is larger but all 3 of us are tall. I already knew that roller coasters would have them riding in front of me but I wasn't sure about those 3 particular rides.

Dh & I are not large people, but I would not want to have even another adult our sizes on those rides. 3 large adults would not be comfortable at all IMO.

At the very least ride the rides first with just 2 in the ride vehicle and the 3rd being in their own. That would be my suggestion. Then you would be able to estimate if the next time you go around if all 3 would fit. I'm not sure we'd be able to fit 3 across because my husband is tall (over 6ft 5 1/2inches) so he sits differently even though he's thin. While I don't have as wide of hips as my mom I suspect my mom, myself and my husband in 1 ride vehicle would be uncomfortable just based on that.

I personally am not concerned with Peter Pan regardless. I've ridden it a few times and my best friend who is roughly the same size as me and I both fit fine. My boys wouldn't be interested in it. It's too short and honestly I don't think the hype is worth it.
You know...I thought the same thing, but my hubby rode it when he was in his 30s during our honeymoon for the first time ever, and was mesmerized by it...like favorite ride in the whole park level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter