3 way split stay

mirnmart

Mouseketeer
Hi all, I posted a few days back my frustration about the website being down and I missed out on getting the room I'd hoped for at Grand Floridian. I am booked at Beach Club from Nov 12-16 and was hoping to do GF from 16-20. Since I could not get GF for the 16th I booked a savanna view at AK for that night and the next day was able to secure 17-20 at GF. I have never done a split stay before. Will I regret having to switch rooms 3 times? Thought about waitlisting that night at GF but now my kids are kinda excited about AK since we've never stayed there. We planned to be at AK park that day anyways and our check out day there was a free day so we will have time to enjoy the resort.....Thoughts?

Personally I don't think it's worth the hassle. You'll barely unpack your bags, which makes it feel rushed and less comfortable. Plus I think you're better off using the free day to try and get your VGF room earlier and spend time there instead, reducing your time to enjoy AKV. You can always go back and stay another time.

I did a split stay for the first time last year - 5 nights at BLT and 2 nights a AKV. Disney does make it convenient to move, but I would hesitate to move twice, especially for only one night. Unless you pack well, with an overnight bag for just the one night, then I guess it could work. But unless you're going to actually get to AKV early on check in day or hang around the next day, you and the kids won't get to enjoy the resort that much for just that one night. Also, another consideration - if you're getting groceries, you'd want to factor in the packing and transporting of your groceries for that time. You've got quite a long vacation so I'm assuming you might have some groceries. Of course they can move it for you, but it's just another hassle factor. I would try to waitlist for the 16th at either BCV or GFV. Alternatively, if your kids really want to experience AKV, maybe just switch your second stay to there completely. My kids loved our time there and I'm pretty sure I'll add in a few days stay there on our next visit, too.

Yeah, that's kind of a pain. I'd aim for a straight up split stay - VGF followed by AKV or vice versa.

Waitlist VGF for the night that you're at AKV for and cross your fingers that it comes through!

I did a first time ever 3 resort split stay in September. I planned a trip for DH and I to celebrate my retirement at the monorail resorts and was so excited. We really disliked the moving days. We had to wait to get in the 2nd & 3rd resorts much longer than anticipated. We moved our own luggage, which we didn’t mind, but just really didn’t like having to wait on our rooms. It just didn’t fit our Disney style. We like to hit the parks early and return to the room to nap/get out of the heat/swim. I might do a 2- resort split stay again, but probably won’t do a 3.

I'd also either waitlist that night for VGF or I'd see about switching over to AKV for the second half. Sometimes you get lucky with a room being ready early but it's just as possible that it might be after 4pm. It's just difficult to enjoy a resort much for that short amount of time.

As a Type A person I would hate a split stay let alone moving twice. I want to unpack and be done with it.

It doesnt sound like you wanted a split stay from the beginning and now you are moving twice. Why not just try to move your whole stay to AK if thats what the kids really want and do GF another trip.

thanks for all the replies...I originally planned to do the split stay but just between BC & GF....I think I will waitlist the one night at GF & hope for the best....the reason for the split stay is partly that my husband hates disney buses...so the first half of our trip we will visit HS & Epcot and the 2nd half we will visit MK. Our day at animal kingdom happened to fall in the middle of the trip on the night I couldn't get at GF.

thanks for all the replies...I originally planned to do the split stay but just between BC & GF....I think I will waitlist the one night at GF & hope for the best....the reason for the split stay is partly that my husband hates disney buses...so the first half of our trip we will visit HS & Epcot and the 2nd half we will visit MK. Our day at animal kingdom happened to fall in the middle of the trip on the night I couldn't get at GF.

Good luck! November is a while away. I would WL as well as stalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter