3 weeks to go, final adjustments

debdebdebby13

Mouseketeer
We are going Jan 28-Feb 3. These are out FPs. It is DH and I, and our DD 11 and DS 4. Our flight arrives about 11:15am on Sunday morning and we are planning on starting our park day around 3pm, to allow plenty of time to get to CSR and have lunch etc.

Jan 28, MK
Meet Mickey-3:20
Haunted Mansion-4:30
Pirates-5:50

Dinner @ Skipper Canteen at 6:15

Jan 29, MK
Peter Pan-9:15

BOG lunch-11:10
Haircuts for kids @ Harmony Barber Shop @ 12:20

Buzz Lightyear for DS and me-12:35
Space Mountain for DH and DD-12:45
7DMT-1:50

O'Hana @ 4:20pm

Jan 30, AK
Kilimanjaro Safaris-10:45

Yak and Yeti lunch @ 12:30

Expedition Everest for DH/DD-1:10
Adventurers Outpost for me/DS-1:10
FoP-4:20p (not sure if DS is going to make 44" in shoes in 3 weeks, but I got the FP for all of us)

Jan 31, DHS
TSM-9:10
ToT DH/DD-10:20
Frozen sing along DS/me-11a

50s prime time lunch @ 11:30

Star Tours-2:35

Trattoria al Forno dinner @ 5:45

Feb 1, EP
Test Track-10:10
Mission Space-11:35
Living with the Land-1:25

Rose and Crown dinner @ 7:00pm

Feb 2, AK
Lion King-9:30
FoP-10:40

T-Rex lunch @ 12:45

Rivers of Light-6:35

Feb 3, EP Half day, flight leaves at 6:45pm
Meet Disney Pals-9:10 (we have Disney Visa, would this be a better M&G?)
Turtle Talk-10:50
Frozen Ever After-12:40

Some things I'm questioning...
Should I go ahead and only do 2 FP for FoP and use rider swap? DS is around 43.5" in shoes right now.
Should I do TSMM at rope drop and not use a fast pass on it?
Should I change any times? I feel like our FPs are kind of spread out on some days and that will make getting more FP later more difficult.

Anything else you can think of? I just want our days to run smoothly. This is my 4 year old's first trip and he's a bit high maintenance :rotfl2: so the more smooth the plan is the easier the day will be, I hope.

On your DHS day, the whole family might enjoy the Frozen Sing a Long. The show is about 30 minutes so it might be cutting it close to your lunch reservation. I will be at Disney the same time as you. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Personally I wouldnt do 2 days of MK in a row and I too think you are using up your MK days too early in your trip. I always go to MK on departure day if we have time. If not we go the last night we are there

I will be there at the same time and definitely echo the thought that you need to spread out your MK days. Mondays typically are more crowded at MK, but don't know if you will be able to replace your reservations scheduled that day if you were to move them.

I don't want to mess with you, but I would probably make that last day MK. IMO, you are done with MK too early in the trip.

Personally I wouldnt do 2 days of MK in a row and I too think you are using up your MK days too early in your trip. I always go to MK on departure day if we have time. If not we go the last night we are there

I will be there at the same time and definitely echo the thought that you need to spread out your MK days. Mondays typically are more crowded at MK, but don't know if you will be able to replace your reservations scheduled that day if you were to move them.

*We are big fans of Touring Plans*

TP has our departure day at an 8 out of 10 at MK, I am not comfortable with spending our last day in chaos. I also wanted my DS's first bite of Disney to be MK so that's why it's the first place we are visiting on arrival day. I can try to rearrange a bit, but we have a BOG lunch planned that first full day at MK and I'm hesitant to rearrange my AK days since we have FoP FPs and I don't want to lose them.

Last edited:
I'll be the voice of dissent and say you should stick with what you've got. I'm going the exact same time and I think changing plans now would just be stressful. Sounds like you have a good plan and in my book that beats out crowd predictions any day. You'll have a great time! (3 weeks -- we're so excited!!)

I sort of feel the same as PP. I get to a point prior to each trip where I go “pencils down” on any more planning/tweaking and just roll with whatever I have!

I may still try to modify FP times if needed or search for any ADRs that I had been specifically targeting... but other than that, I stop focusing on it. :-)

Your plan seems well thought out and you have a nice balance of scheduled and open time, at least for my standards. Have fun OP!

Overall, I think your plans look good. At this point, I would not mess with moving any of your days. If the worst thing is two days in a row at MK, I think you will be fine :)

There are a few things a few things I might would reconsider.

1-28- you have a 5:50 FP for pirates and a 6:15 ADR. I think that you might be cutting this pretty close. You can scan into a FP 5 minutes early. I would defenetly do that, but if you can move that FP back even 10 or 15 minutes I think that would give you some more wiggle room. You can "unofficially" show up to a ADR 15 minutes past your time, but there is no guarantee and I would not bank on that when planning.

1-29: Ohana is my favorite. Enjoy!!

1-31: As someone mentioned, the Frozen show is around 30 minutes long. I don't think you will be able to make your ADR with an 11:00 show. Can you move your ADR back just a bit, or see the show at a different time?

Just my thoughts. I hope you have an awesome trip!

We’ll be there the same time as you. Have fun! I agree that I wouldn’t try to change anything this late in the game.

I’m hoping for low crowds this week, but I’m a little freaked out that all the value resorts are booked.

We’ll be there the same time as you. Have fun! I agree that I wouldn’t try to change anything this late in the game.

I’m hoping for low crowds this week, but I’m a little freaked out that all the value resorts are booked.

I'm going the same week and I've resigned myself to expect it to be more crowded than initially anticipated. That way, I'm prepared mentally and if I'm wrong, great! We'll still have a great time.

Feb 2, AK
Lion King-9:30
FoP-10:40

T-Rex lunch @ 12:45

Rivers of Light-6:35

Sounds like such a fun trip! Will you have a car? Getting to Disney Springs for the T-Rex lunch might be tricky otherwise. When I was last there in October we tried to leave AK for DS and direct buses didn't start running between the two until 4pm. We took a bus from AK to Saratoga Springs, got off at Congress Park stop and then walked to DS, but not sure how that would go over with a 4 year-old.

In general, as you suggested, I would move FP up a bit to get to a 4th, 5th...but I would not book any FPs in the first hour when stand by lines are short.
I would hit TSM standby first thing then use the FP. IT's a great family ride.

Overall, I think your plans look good. At this point, I would not mess with moving any of your days. If the worst thing is two days in a row at MK, I think you will be fine :)

There are a few things a few things I might would reconsider.

1-28- you have a 5:50 FP for pirates and a 6:15 ADR. I think that you might be cutting this pretty close. You can scan into a FP 5 minutes early. I would defenetly do that, but if you can move that FP back even 10 or 15 minutes I think that would give you some more wiggle room. You can "unofficially" show up to a ADR 15 minutes past your time, but there is no guarantee and I would not bank on that when planning.

1-29: Ohana is my favorite. Enjoy!!

1-31: As someone mentioned, the Frozen show is around 30 minutes long. I don't think you will be able to make your ADR with an 11:00 show. Can you move your ADR back just a bit, or see the show at a different time?

Just my thoughts. I hope you have an awesome trip!

I was thinking the Frozen thing might be tricky. I will see if I can arrange it differently.

Sounds like such a fun trip! Will you have a car? Getting to Disney Springs for the T-Rex lunch might be tricky otherwise. When I was last there in October we tried to leave AK for DS and direct buses didn't start running between the two until 4pm. We took a bus from AK to Saratoga Springs, got off at Congress Park stop and then walked to DS, but not sure how that would go over with a 4 year-old.

Ahh, see I didn't know that! Thanks for the input. I will see if maybe we can make T-rex at a different time, or even a different day.

In general, as you suggested, I would move FP up a bit to get to a 4th, 5th...but I would not book any FPs in the first hour when stand by lines are short.
I would hit TSM standby first thing then use the FP. IT's a great family ride.

Good idea! I can see my 4 year old absolutely loving TSM and wanting to do it multiple times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter