3 year old on Big Thunder Mountain.

fccabs

Mouseketeer
My son will be 3 when we go in December and hopefully will be tall enough to ride BTM. So far he's only ridden a small coaster at Southend but he's already told us he wants to ride it from watching the DVD. I can't find a minimum age limit on the website but the unofficial guide mentioned that it was 3. Has anyone taken a 3 year old on BTM and if so how did they get on?

It's height limit only.

My youngest rode it when she was 3. Loved it, and then had a love-hate relationship with it for the next couple of trips, i.e., wanted to go on, and then spent the whole ride with her face buried in my chest :rotfl:

She'd ride it all day long now.

I think the minimum height is still 1.02 m (3' 4").

yeah height is 1.02cm.

My son had just turned 3 when he went on it. he loved it, expect the dark bits at the start and end of the ride when it goes in the tunnel. He got scared then, but when we got out the tunnel into the light, he was fine, but he didn't want to ride it again afterwards.

My 3yr old son went on it and he loved it. He wasn't keen on the dark bit but kept wanting to go on it all the time. He called it the "super fast train" :goodvibes

My son also rode BTM at the age of 3. He had to be measured twice to make sure her was tall enough and we then had quite a few strange looks in the queue. In fact, one girl asked if we had been on the ride before, we said no, she looked at my son and wished us luck. In the end my son loved it and went on multiple times that trip.

Thanks for all the positive posts. Really looking forward to taking him on it. Just hope he's tall enough when we go in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter