• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

30 day cancellation rule????

andersonsc

Mouseketeer
I am hoping someone can help me. I tried calling member services but they said representative were busy and kept hangin up on me! We have a trip booked May 29 into June for Grand California. We are not from California so as things are now, we would not be able to enter the parks. Kinda makes the trip out there unnecessary as there is nothing else we really want to see or do in the Anaheim area. Since tomorrow is 30 days before the reservation, I think I need to cancel by then. Is this correct. We have never cancelled a DVC trip before so the cancellation policy has never been a concern. I just saw another thread that mentioned something about the 30d policy not in effect right now? is that true? Anyone want to make a guess on when Disneyland will be open to non California residents? Thanks for any help.

The typical policy is you must cancel at least 31 days, not 30, prior to avoid holding penalty.

However, they have waived this over the past year due to Covid. This is ending April 30th so you should cancel today to avoid having a website issue and not getting it dome before the rules go back in place.

If you try to cancel it online and it won’t let you go to modify your reservation and make sure the lead guest has an email address listed. It’s a weird quirk with grand cal. Once the email address is added you should be able to cancel it online yourself. I had this problem when we canceled our June trip there because we aren’t CA residents either.

Thanks for the responses. But what happens if I cancel less then 30 days. What happens to the points?

Thanks for the responses. But what happens if I cancel less then 30 days. What happens to the points?
The points go into "Holding". They no longer can be banked and can only be used to make reservations up to 60 days in advance.

If you cancel before April 30th they will not go into holding and any borrowed points will be returned if you cancel. It’s the generous COVID rules and they are ending on the 30th of April. You need to decide if you want to take the chance and keep the reservation and risk points going into holding if you cancel on may 1st or beyond.

Just a PSA for anyone on the fence for a trip less than 31 days out or one that uses borrowed points you want to be moved back to original UY.

Consider doing it today especially if using website because you may not want to rely on it working tomorrow and then be stuck.

If you have a trip and it errors, especially if VGC or AUL, go in and modify the guest info to put back in an email address for lead guest. It should let you cancel then.

This way, you are not stuck tomorrow or have to wait hours on the phone as I am sure many more owners will be calling!

Just a PSA for anyone on the fence for a trip less than 31 days out or one that uses borrowed points you want to be moved back to original UY.

Consider doing it today especially if using website because you may not want to rely on it working tomorrow and then be stuck.

If you have a trip and it errors, especially if VGC or AUL, go in and modify the guest info to put back in an email address for lead guest. It should let you cancel then.

This way, you are not stuck tomorrow or have to wait hours on the phone as I am sure many more owners will be calling!

Is there an exact time the policy change ends today? For example, do all cancellations need to be made by 5pm ET, 11:59pm ET?

Is there an exact time the policy change ends today? For example, do all cancellations need to be made by 5pm ET, 11:59pm ET?

They have not stated a time, but I would assume by midnight. But, I don’t think anyone should wait until the last minute because if the website crashes and MS is closed, I do not believe they will be giving extensions for issues.

I think getting it done as soon as you can would be a good thing.

Not sure about others, but my dvc dashboard is not accurately showing all of my reservations. I have a couple that I was holding bc I was trying to piece together a stay for the beginning of June, but I can’t cancel online right now bc the reservations aren’t even showing up in my dashboard.

very strange.

Not sure about others, but my dvc dashboard is not accurately showing all of my reservations. I have a couple that I was holding bc I was trying to piece together a stay for the beginning of June, but I can’t cancel online right now bc the reservations aren’t even showing up in my dashboard.

very strange.

Ouch. I would screenshot the dashboard today as a back up.

very strange.
Same here - only about half my reservations are showing on my dashboard although they are still in MDE - got the usual ‘try clearing cookies and history, try another browser, etc’ from MS -

I am seeing all my reservations.

This is the first time I can recall it happening to me - i figure I’ll give it a few days and then try to get IT to take a look - I always take a screen shot and keep emails with all my reservation details so I’m not worried

If you cancel before April 30th they will not go into holding and any borrowed points will be returned if you cancel. It’s the generous COVID rules and they are ending on the 30th of April. You need to decide if you want to take the chance and keep the reservation and risk points going into holding if you cancel on may 1st or beyond.

Does this apply to modifications as well; for example, you modify a reservation today 4/30, and the points not used go back to use year without going into holding?

Does this apply to modifications as well; for example, you modify a reservation today 4/30, and the points not used go back to use year without going into holding?

Yes. Any changes that return points from a trip less than 31 days from now will not be put into holding.

I do have a couple days before I have to cancel. What’s weird is that the reservations that show up switch each time I login.
There is another recent thread with posts that have the same issue. It has something to do w/multiple membership / contracts. They seem to be aware of the issue.

There is another recent thread with posts that have the same issue. It has something to do w/multiple membership / contracts. They seem to be aware of the issue.
yeah -- that is what is happening. I have multiple memberships/contracts...noticed that the ones that show up at the same time all have the same membership number. do you have a link to the thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter