30% discount at a number of resort restaurants for AP holders, DVC and now TiW

The above shot shows wording that is 'during the dinner meal period', so I'm assuming only evening meals...when they switch over to dinner from lunch. But, could be wrong.

Yes I read that too, but I read several times people saying it was any time just not between 6:30-8-30, so got me a bit confused! Plus I was unsure just reading the info from the link and then others questioned as well. Plus you know how disney can be at times, how you can read their release one way and then we're left guessing what the real deal. I'm hopeful they'll extend to lunch now, lol, but looks less likely. Thanks for responding!

Maybe a stupid question, but if you booked a 6:10 reservation at one of these restaurants, then finished at about 7:00pm, would you get the discount?

Most likely. It should be based on the ADR time, not the time you finish.

And no, that wording does not mean anytime during dinner hours. the available mealtimes for the discount are before 6:30 and after 8:30. and it applies to dinner hours, not lunch hours.

Did any TIW cardholders get this same email I just got?

For a limited time through September 30, 2017, Tables in Wonderland members save 30% on food and beverages at participating locations for dinner before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.
So come savor even more at participating restaurants, including Artist Point (pictured above), Flying Fish,Jiko—The Cooking Place, Cítricos and more!

Looks like it's the same restaurants as the AP 30% discounts. At least that's nice to know that there won't be any trouble getting the discount on food AND drinks now.

For a limited time, select Walt Disney World Resort hotel restaurants are offering a special discount for Tables In Wonderland Members.

This special 30% discount is available through Sept. 30, 2017, at the following restaurants during the dinner meal period before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.:

full

Last edited:
Did any TIW cardholders get this same email I just got?

For a limited time through September 30, 2017, Tables in Wonderland members save 30% on food and beverages at participating locations for dinner before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.
So come savor even more at participating restaurants, including Artist Point (pictured above), Flying Fish,Jiko—The Cooking Place, Cítricos and more!

Looks like it's the same restaurants as the AP 30% discounts. At leas that's nice to know that there won't be any trouble getting the discount on food AND drinks now.

For a limited time, select Walt Disney World Resort hotel restaurants are offering a special discount for Tables In Wonderland Members.

This special 30% discount is available through Sept. 30, 2017, at the following restaurants during the dinner meal period before 6:30 p.m. or after 8:30 p.m.:

full

We have TIW, but didn't get an email. We're also DVC members. I did some searching, and on the TIW site: http://tablesinwonderland.com/benefits/ if you scroll down, under EVENTS, it is listed there.
What I found interesting is the wording regarding Beverages is different on TIW site than it is on the Disney Parks Blog (where I read about this discount applicable to DVC members). For TIW cardholders, it says, "The Discount is valid on regular price food and beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) at participating Walt Disney World owned and operated locations. Special events excluded."
But, on the Blog for DVC members, it says, "The Discount is valid on regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) at participating Walt Disney World owned and operated locations. Special events excluded."
I take this to mean that of you have a TIW card, you'll get 30% off alcohol as well....
We're taking advantage of this next week at Jiko :)

I would take it that way too, Carolyn, but clarify it with the waitstaff to be on the safe side. :)

Hi all! I just reserved a 5:40 spot at Jiko for this week and went online to verify the discount info for this DVC deal. And this is what I read in the small print.... IN ADDITION to regular member discount!?? As in...10% off for DVC and another 30%?? I am Sooooo hopeful.... Wonder if I can use my AP 20% and THEN my DVC 30%? :tongue:

Jiko – The Cooking Place: Save up to 30% Through September 30, 2017
Location: Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Disney's Old Key West Resort
Benefit Type: Dining

Jiko – The Cooking Place: Save up to 30% Through September 30, 2017
Now through September 30, 2017, you can save 10% to 30% on non-discounted food and non-alcoholic beverages at Jiko. Savings is based on dining time:

• Save 30% when dining before 6:30 PM or after 8:30 PM
  • Save 10% when dining between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM
To learn more about this restaurant, please visit the Walt Disney World website.

Important Information
Discount will be applied in addition to regular member discount when dining during the hours mentioned above. Must present your valid Membership Card and photo ID. Not valid with other offers, discounts, packages or promotions. Existing 10% discount continues to be available between 6:30 PM and 8:30 PM or other meal periods where available. All existing discounts rules apply.

^ No I don't believe so. I believe they're saying an extra 20% is applied in addition to the regular discount of 10%, for a total of 30%.

DVC Discount says, "*Discount will be applied in addition to regular member discount when dining during the hours mentioned above. Must present your valid Membership Card and photo ID. Not valid with other offers, discounts, packages or promotions. Existing 10% discount continues to be available between 6:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. or other meal periods where available."

AP Discount says, "A valid annual pass card and government-issued photo ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount. May not be combined with any other discount, offer, or promotion."

Also why cannot Disney confirm how one receives this discount? I think it's ridiculous we're all left wondering if a 6:20PM reservation will get the discount or not, depending on how long it is until we're sat at a table. It should just be ADR time and that's that, easy for everyone to understand.

I guess the 3 coarse $35 prix fix Magical Dining starting August 25 will not be eligible for the 30%. This may be a toss up as there are some great offerings that will likely work out a little better than the 30% of you want a 3 course meal.

Wondering if anybody has figured out the timing of the reservations? the days i am looking at jiko there are 8:25 reservations, would these not work? or would they since when we order it would be after 8:30? or do i need to do the 9 pm reservation?

In response to the people wondering about when to book the ADR. Make sure it is before 6:30pm or after 8:30pm for the additional discount. You still get 20% discount in between those times. TiW would be the same way.

My server at Artist Point clarified it for me & my sister when we went this last weekend. It doesn't matter when you finish. My sister & I had reservations at 5:35pm, finished our meal around 7pm & was able to have the AP discount apply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter