30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

ksloane said:
I think a lot of it is what works best for you. I know that I don't do well cutting out any specific food, but I am good at counting calories and keeping them under a set number so it's just a matter of playing with that number to see where it's effective, but not torture.

I also have found that doing the Body by Vi shakes for 2 meals a day most days is easy for me and is working. I have suggested to others and they say they can't do it. They are starving.

It's all about what works for our lives and our bodies.

I don't know how I ever thought primal would work for me. I have an entire board in Pinterest dedicated to oatmeal. Primal people talk about how pasta is just the vehicle for delivering the sauce and meats, but I honestly love pasta on its own. Same with bread. While I'm not too terribly fond of sweets, I can't pass up creme brûlée or a fancy piece of cake.

Woohoo! Just finished my 6th Couch to 5K workout. I'm still doing week 1, and I plan to do it again next week, but today I added a VERY long "cool down" and went from going 2.4 miles to 3.6 miles today! Scale is showing a 1 pound loss for the week, and I'll take it! 1 a week would be another 7 by New Years! I've actually lost 18.5 pounds since July so that would put me over 25 (which is really close to the original 30 goal.....just a few months late)! Excited!!!

After two long weekends away on flights for quick trips, I am glad I have finally hit the 5 kilo mark (11 pounds). I leave in 6 weeks for America so hopefully can knock out another few kilos by then!

Anyone ever do CrossFit Training or know anything about it? I've done well to lose weight but need to work hard to keep it off. CrossFit Training Centers have group classes with personal trainers and looks very intense. It's also very expensive. I'm wondering if it's worth it for 3 months to try it out. Here's a web site for what I think is the main center. www.crossfit.com

Shew! Back from our trip! Food & Wine was fabulous and I'm so pleased that I lost the 29 pounds before going...especially since I put back on 10 in 4 days at WDW! :rotfl2:

I've been home a week now and lost it all again, so now I plan on setting a new goal of 20 more before my mother/daughter trip at the beginning of February! Hey, if I just keep taking trips to WDW, I will keep losing. It's great incentive! :lmao:

I thought you guys would appreciate this: First shot is me in January 2012, (got my hair done pink for the trip!) right before we went on our family trip to WDW. Second shot is me at WDW just last week (November 2012) after losing 29 pounds. On the People Mover! I'm so thankful for this thread and MFP, both helped me over the past months!

beforeafter30pounds.jpg

Twoboysnmygirl said:
Shew! Back from our trip! Food & Wine was fabulous and I'm so pleased that I lost the 29 pounds before going...especially since I put back on 10 in 4 days at WDW! :rotfl2:

I've been home a week now and lost it all again, so now I plan on setting a new goal of 20 more before my mother/daughter trip at the beginning of February! Hey, if I just keep taking trips to WDW, I will keep losing. It's great incentive! :lmao:

I thought you guys would appreciate this: First shot is me in January 2012, (got my hair done pink for the trip!) right before we went on our family trip to WDW. Second shot is me at WDW just last week (November 2012) after losing 29 pounds. On the People Mover! I'm so thankful for this thread and MFP, both helped me over the past months!

You look great!! Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Congrats everyone on the loss so far!

I'm continuing on the slow steady pace of 1 lb a week loss. I've reached the weight that I was pre-PG with DS2 (eight years ago!). Next goal is pre-PG DS1 (over 10 years ago!). Only 3 pounds to go to reach that. We leave on our trip in just under 3 weeks, so I might get there before we leave!

I'm not even going to try to stay on track while traveling, but if I can keep from creeping back up more than 5 lbs with the trip and then Christmas, I'll be happy. We're in FL for 2 1/2 weeks. At WDW there will be tons of restaurant food, but when we hit the beach, we'll have a kitchen and I will cook more like I do at home. Keeping up some exercise at the beach will be harder, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of making it happen.

New here but needed to share that after third son couldn't drop wight so bumped up exercise and started my fitness pal in January. I've lost 52 lbs. and am now at maintenance) but not being anal about keeping track anymore because I hit goal and beyond and am smaller then I was in high school! It's amazing how just educating yourself on calories and good vs bad fats can change your habits and keep you on a good track! Good luck all and keep up hard work so we can all splurge at disney :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter