30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

I'd love to keep it up too. I've found this group very motivating to stay on track and I have more to lose. Going to weigh in this weekend though as I haven't updated my ticker in a long time!

I agree that this thread has been an inspiration. Funny how something as simple as group support can make such a big difference. Okay, ksloane, I'm counting on you to hang in there with me!

This past week was my first week using MFP to log my calories and I lost 4.8 pounds. I am really excited and on my way to losing 30 pounds by our trip in March.

I started MFP three weeks ago today. I'm not looking to lose a lot, but I'd love to lose 5 to 10 pounds before our December trip to WDW. I know I'm likely to gain at least 5 just from the restaurant food, and I'm right at the top end of the healthy BMI range, so I want to be proactive.

I might have lost a pound or two since starting, but our scale isn't all that accurate, so it's hard to tell. Tracking calories is definitely making me more conscious of what I eat, which has got to help in the long run. I set my exercise goals low, so I may have to up them if I really want to make progress.

Congrats to those who are seeing quick results! What great motivation to stick with it!

Welcome to our newbies! Hopefully we can keep our thread active! I currently have lost 20 pounds and stopped my crazy Atkins diet but all that said found Atkins worked the best for me. We leave in a couple of weeks and needed to give my body some normalcy ( anyone who has done Atkins knows what I am talking about! Lol) of course my weight jumped up 3 pounds, I am going to kick my cardio and weight training up a notch. Have not done it since school started!!!! I need to balance my time! Good luck everyone!

I've been using MFP the past few weeks, have lost 2 and a half kilos (about 5 and a half pounds). Gonna keep it up. :)

I agree that this thread has been an inspiration. Funny how something as simple as group support can make such a big difference. Okay, ksloane, I'm counting on you to hang in there with me!

Not very active here right now, but we have 1 more week of basketball season with my daughter, and then I plan on being around here a lot more and more active with my dieting and exercising. Just trying to survive at this point, but still doing well with my diet.

Haven't been on a scale in a while, but today I wore a pair of capris that are a size smaller than I have been wearing (that I had outgrown and was not wearing)....They were a little snug still but they fit comfortably enough to wear them to work! :cool1:

I broke down yesterday and joined a gym. I have several friends that have stared going before work at 530 am. When I was working out in the morning at home, this is the same time I was doing it , so it shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully, this weight will starting moving somewhere besides on me very shortly.

I broke down yesterday and joined a gym. I have several friends that have stared going before work at 530 am. When I was working out in the morning at home, this is the same time I was doing it , so it shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully, this weight will starting moving somewhere besides on me very shortly.

I so wish I could exercise in the mornings. I just don't have the discipline. I hate mornings. And I already get up at 5:30 just for work so I'd have to be up at like 4:30....I know that realistically, this is never going to happen! So I have to do evenings.

I'm down 5 pounds from where I started a month ago! I set that as my goal, but I didn't think it would actually happen. I'm using MFP, and the interesting thing is that apart from cutting out thoughtless snacking, I haven't changed much. We've been a bit more active as a family, going out for hikes on the weekend, but I'm impressed with how relatively effortless it's been. I'm definitely going to keep it up. Not looking to lose a whole lot more, but another 5 pounds next month would be great.

I'm down 3 kilos (around 6.6 pounds) in a little under 6 weeks. Going very slowly but not leaving for my trip until the end of December. So more time to go still! :)

Chiming in - down 21lbs in 6 weeks bycounting calories using lose it, (similar to my fitness pal). Looking to add exercise other than walking but have a tender back so I have to be careful.

Chiming in - down 21lbs in 6 weeks bycounting calories using lose it, (similar to my fitness pal). Looking to add exercise other than walking but have a tender back so I have to be careful.

Wow! That's a lot! Well done! I am finding that I need to be careful about exercise too. I have never had knee trouble before, but I've felt a few twinges in my left knee while doing my exercise DVD the last couple of mornings. I'm going to look up some knee strengthening exercises to see whether I can solve it myself. I hope I don't end up needing physio.

I'm stalled. After weighing in last week at about 3 lbs less than expected a week ago, I weigh exactly the same today. I hope that it is muscle gain (my knee is feeling better!), but it is discouraging. Especially since I got a call from my doctor's office yesterday with the results of my blood tests (that were done three weeks ago). My cholesterol is up. I have no idea how much, but I guess my genes and inactive lifestyle are catching up to me sooner than I thought. I hoped that I could become more active and lose some weight proactively, but it looks like it's now a must. Rather discouraging given that I'm not even overweight. My BMI is toward the higher end of normal, but not overweight.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, and I'm hoping to have lost a bit more weight before I see her. I really want to do this for myself!

I'm stalled. After weighing in last week at about 3 lbs less than expected a week ago, I weigh exactly the same today. I hope that it is muscle gain (my knee is feeling better!), but it is discouraging. Especially since I got a call from my doctor's office yesterday with the results of my blood tests (that were done three weeks ago). My cholesterol is up. I have no idea how much, but I guess my genes and inactive lifestyle are catching up to me sooner than I thought. I hoped that I could become more active and lose some weight proactively, but it looks like it's now a must. Rather discouraging given that I'm not even overweight. My BMI is toward the higher end of normal, but not overweight.

I have an appointment with my doctor next week, and I'm hoping to have lost a bit more weight before I see her. I really want to do this for myself!

Hang in there! I was tested and had high cholesterol a few years ago, which was hilarious (and not) b/c I was a VEGAN and didn't EAT any cholesterol at all! I went back 1 year later and it was not high anymore. The ONLY thing I did was add exercise. I didn't lose weight at all or change my diet in any way, so I think that exercise can really help with those cholesterol levels! It's beyond me how I could have high cholesterol though, just glad I don't anymore.

As for the challenge, I'm at 27 pounds now!!!! :cool1: I didn't really think I would lose 30 pounds before our trip (12 days left!!!!!) but here I am and I couldn't be more pleased! I still have more to lose, but I am so much more comfortable and really looking forward to enjoying our Anniversary trip!!

I'm down 8 pounds now! :) 30 pounds is too much for me to lose but 17ish would be nice.
I'm glad this thread is motivating people!

:cool1:Just checking in:yay:

This thread is what got me started 60 days ago :cheer2:

19.6 pounds lighter:yay:

Hang in there! I was tested and had high cholesterol a few years ago, which was hilarious (and not) b/c I was a VEGAN and didn't EAT any cholesterol at all! I went back 1 year later and it was not high anymore. The ONLY thing I did was add exercise. I didn't lose weight at all or change my diet in any way, so I think that exercise can really help with those cholesterol levels! It's beyond me how I could have high cholesterol though, just glad I don't anymore.

As for the challenge, I'm at 27 pounds now!!!! :cool1: I didn't really think I would lose 30 pounds before our trip (12 days left!!!!!) but here I am and I couldn't be more pleased! I still have more to lose, but I am so much more comfortable and really looking forward to enjoying our Anniversary trip!!

Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

I've heard that genetics have a huge impact on cholesterol levels and there is heart disease all over both sides of my family. :sad1: I hope that exercise and eating less will do it for me. I definitely want to give what I'm doing a good chance before considering anything else. I know that my doctor advocates a low carb diet for people struggling with weight, high blood pressure or diabetes. I don't know whether she'll suggest it to me, but I really want to avoid that if I can. There's no way the rest of the family would give up carbs, and I'm not prepared to make completely separate meals.

Congrats on the weight loss! That's awesome!

I've heard that genetics have a huge impact on cholesterol levels and there is heart disease all over both sides of my family. :sad1: I hope that exercise and eating less will do it for me. I definitely want to give what I'm doing a good chance before considering anything else. I know that my doctor advocates a low carb diet for people struggling with weight, high blood pressure or diabetes. I don't know whether she'll suggest it to me, but I really want to avoid that if I can. There's no way the rest of the family would give up carbs, and I'm not prepared to make completely separate meals.

When I told my mom that my cholesterol was high and I didn't even eat anything with cholesterol in it, she told me that genetics played a roll...but I just wasn't willing to accept that. I'm glad I didn't, the exercise seemed to do the trick! As for LC, I've been down that road and although it does help people with blood sugar issues, it's just not for me. My dad lost quite a bit of weight and controlled his diabetes for a few years doing LC...but then he literally dropped dead, his heart just stopped, so I can't say that the LC helped with cholesterol. :confused3 (sorry if that sounded harsh, he really did die fast and we were all relieved that his Alzheimers didn't progress anymore than it had and that he didn't suffer any pain...)

As for LC, I've been down that road and although it does help people with blood sugar issues, it's just not for me. My dad lost quite a bit of weight and controlled his diabetes for a few years doing LC...but then he literally dropped dead, his heart just stopped, so I can't say that the LC helped with cholesterol. :confused3 (sorry if that sounded harsh, he really did die fast and we were all relieved that his Alzheimers didn't progress anymore than it had and that he didn't suffer any pain...)

I agree. I have issues with any kind of diet that cuts out any major category of foods. It seems like you'd be robbing Peter to pay Paul so to speak. I'll be interested to see what my doc says. She's known to push the low carb and to have had patients see great success with it. There was actually an article about it in our local paper. It doesn't make any sense for high cholesterol as far as I'm concerned. I think I'm far better off with beans than with red meat from that perspective but beans are on the no no list for her version of the low carb diet. Anyway, I'm trucking along with MFP and Walk off the Pounds and we'll see what happens from there. My next weigh in is Wednesday, the same day as my doctor's appointment.

I'm at 27 pounds lost and still have a few days to go before October is over! Now, just 20 more to go until April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter