30? Who's 30? A Gluten Free 30th Birthday Pre-trip report

Kandiwilde

Mouseketeer
I've left this Pre Trip report a bit late as we are leaving on the 13th August for 2 weeks at the BC. I really need this trip as the family have had a rough couple of months and everyone could do with a bit of Disney magic, so lets get the show on the road and introduce the cast...

First up is Me. I'm Kandi and i turned 30 in May but due to work constraints we couldn't visit then so we are celebrating my birthday in August. We are calling it the Year of 30 (kinda of like the Year of a Million Dreams, but way better). This last year has been rough on me, i'd been sick ALOT and kept going back to the doctors to basically be told that the stomach pains and migraines we in my head. Several blood test later and i've been finally diagnosed with Coeliac Disease and have to follow a strict gluten free diet. We had booked our ADRs before my diagnosis and I had to phone up and add the allergy information to them.
ANYWAYS enough doom and gloom, my favourite character is Rapunzel and Pascal, i'm completely obsessed, so much that i had Pascal tattooed on my foot. me and loki.jpg[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Here I am with my kitty Loki, I treat him like my child and this will be the longest i've been away from him.

Pascal tattoo.jpg

Here is my Pascal Tattoo.

Next up is my sister Alysia. She got engaged at Disney last year but her fiance isn't coming with us this year (he is cat sitting for me). She has had a crazy year and is in the middle of planning her wedding for May 2016. Her favourite character is Thumper.
mike and alysia.jpg

My Brother Dominik is joining us after a few days in Washington DC. He loves cars of any type and normally watches the stuntshow at least 5 times while we are at WDW. He's my partner in crime in taking selfies and stupid photos.

dom and me.jpg

The Patriarch of the Family is my Daddybear. He says he tolerates Disney but I secretly think he loves it. He calls It's a Small World the scary ride and begs to go on. He has had a couple of health scares over the years and now has a pacemaker fitted so he has the nickname Robodad.

Dad.jpg

Last but not least is the Matriarch of the Family is my Mummybear. She is my best friend and since I got my own place I phone her everyday just for a chat even though she just lives down the road. Her favourite Character is Piglet

mum and me.jpg

So what are our plans? We have several ADRs which we booked 180 days in advance and have also booked our Fastpasses, Alysia did all the booking on the app as she is the most organised and she seems to enjoy doing it where as Dom and I are a bit more scatty and tend to go with the flow. We have ADRs at:
14/8 Cape May (B)
15/8 GF Cafe (L)
16/8 Rainforest Cafe (D)
17/8 Chef de France (D)
18/8 'Ohana (B)
19/8 Mama Melrose (D)
20/8 The Plaza (L)
21/8 Raglan Road (D)
22/8 Beaches and Cream (D)
23/8 Be our Guest (L) Biergarten (D)
24/8 Captains Grille (B) Rose and Crown (D)
25/8 Trails End (D)
26/8 Tutto Italia (L)
27/8 HOME :(

I am far too excited and even though i'm pretty upset I can't indulge in the yummy cupcakes this year, i'm looking forward to not being sick while at Disney for the first time ever and actually enjoying my food (don't worry there will be plenty of food pictures, Alysia and I both take food pics lol)

So to end this pre trip report, here is another picture of Loki looking particularly dapper in a tie (I know, i'm biased)

Loki.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter