30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

This is a guided tour of all the houses, so you will have an opportunity to do ALL the houses. That won't be an issue. It is very tiring to walk from house to house in the heat so a few breaks (15 minute or so) are included to get refreshments and locations that differ from year to year. In addition, in the past you would break for a show at the amphitheater (Bill and Ted, Academy of Villains). You can choose to not go to the shows but can't really go ahead without the group to the houses. Your guide is essentially the fast pass into the houses and you circumvent the queues in its entirety. Without the guide you don't get that benefit. The groups are typically around 10 people and all is pretty amicable. The guide keeps count of his/her group so its best to not go ahead at minimum without letting them know.

I wonder if Universal will have limited capacity on HHN, like WDW Boo Bash.
At this point, I would assume that HHN is full steam ahead with no capacity restrictions. Granted there may be a max number of tickets they will sell for each event, but HHN is not a limited capacity event like Boo Bash. If there was going to be any capacity restrictions, I would think that HHN would have announced this along with ticket sales to try and get people to purchase before they do sell out certain nights. I totally expect HHN to be crazy busy, especially opening night and on weekends.

Hi I finally got through and was told that on the day you are going to choose for using your free ticket show up by 4 if you can. Once you are in you will not have a problem, if not he made it seem that premiere passholders on those days wouldn't be turned away. You can't book them in advance.

Thanks for the response! I think we'd most likely do stay and scream with our AP for that day anyway, so we'd be entering really early.

About the group, if my family wants to do the houses and others guests don't - can my family still go to the houses? What does the Guide do in this circumstance?

If you have a public RIP tour the guide will do each house once. If anyone wants to sit out the guide would either stay with them or ask them to meet at the exit.

If you do the private RIP tour, whoever buys the tour is in charge. So if the owner of the tour wants to go in a house 3 times and no one else does, the guide will listen to the owner of the tour. So everyone else would just wait outside. This would occur if you decided to purchase a private RIP tour and allowed other people to pay to join your tour. You are still in charge at the end of the day about what happens on that tour.

Anyone know if you buy from third party if you can buy the express pass off of universal?
Yes, you can. Its technically a separate purchase.

Just adding,
Other sellers might have very different refund policies so be sure to read them. I've read through a lot of sites and I swear I saw something regarding a fee, like 6%? The other issue is sever inclement weather. Before you buy, read, read, read!

I believe when buying through Universal, you can apply the refund amount towards a future stay?

Does anyone remember how long the non-private RIP tours are? (also long time no see I know)
Hi Andy!
Public ( non private) tour back in 2019 was about 3.5 - 4 hours on a Sunday night for me *** it was a a full group

On a Wednesday night it was 3 ? hours as we only had 5 in the group and low crowds that night

:love2:

If you have a public RIP tour the guide will do each house once. If anyone wants to sit out the guide would either stay with them or ask them to meet at the exit.

If you do the private RIP tour, whoever buys the tour is in charge. So if the owner of the tour wants to go in a house 3 times and no one else does, the guide will listen to the owner of the tour. So everyone else would just wait outside. This would occur if you decided to purchase a private RIP tour and allowed other people to pay to join your tour. You are still in charge at the end of the day about what happens on that tour.

Thank you! When are you going?!

perfect way to explain it!

I book tours and it is exactly like you said

I am hoping for RoF with express as well-if they do not offer may cut back on length of stay. But it's early still. And waiting to see if any AP discounts or florida resident discounts.
What are your dates in September? I've got 18-26 at Sapphire Falls booked right now.

I also promised my kid (this is 'our' thing-HHN) that this year we would do a RiP tour-since she got her grad trip to France cancelled last year, and couldn't come with to Cancun for Spring break this year...and we loved the daytime UtH tours too. She applied to be a Scareactor but hasn't heard anything back yet.
We are booked at RPH September 16-25th. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the RoF w/express, it won't be the same for us without it. We planned our whole trip around HHN! My son graduated this year and we had a big trip planned for overseas as well. Since we can't do that, this was our backup plan.
How exciting for your daughter, I hope she gets that opportunity. That would be an amazing experience. My son would LOVE a chance to do that as well. Any idea when they will let her know?

Hi Andy!
Public ( non private) tour back in 2019 was about 3.5 - 4 hours on a Sunday night for me *** it was a a full group

On a Wednesday night it was 3 ? hours as we only had 5 in the group and low crowds that night

:love2:

That's good. I booked the earliest tour for us so we would still have the rest of the night to spend. Since my hubby hasn't been I'm also doing one day at Disney which is why I'm only gonna end up doing one night at HHN with the RIP tour (and to save money).

Does anyone have any idea when or if there might be more ticket offerings or any AP discount? If what is available is all there will be, then I wish the would make an announcement so people can figure out what they want to do. My October trip is for this, so I did already buy one night. I will buy more, but I don’t know how to proceed with the lack of information. Did anyone get an email about tickets going on sale? The last email I got was regarding Beetlejuice.

I actually did receive an email today from HHN about Jack being back and Tickets being available. I saw a post of a Twitter reply that other Ticket options will be coming. It didn't say when though. I am also waiting to hear about other options like Frequent Fear Pass, etc.

Similar question from us. While we've gone to HHN before, we've reached the age of being sick of lines. :rotfl2:

Appreciate the pros/cons from this experienced group! TIA. :crazy:

If you can afford it I would definitely do the private RIP tour.

Express still needs to wait in line, even though it's a separate line from the standby. Depending on the house and the time of night the express lines can still have a decent wait.

With the tours you walk right up to the door and get to go in.

If you do the public tour you only get each house once. If you do the private tour you get to dictate what happens. We did a tour with a friend one year and did Ghostbusters like 3 times in a row. If you do a private tour you can also go on rides. You also can ask for the special tours if the ride has one.

For instance, MIB has the Immigration Tour. You get to go on the floor with the two giant aliens in the queue and sit at the desks and take pictures.

Thank you! When are you going?!

We are hoping that the all Sept pass ticket is released again this year, as it has been in the past.

I believe usually single day tickets are released. Some time passes (weeks or months) then they release AP discounted single ticket dates, the monthly Sept pass and the more expensive pass that gives you access to most, if not all dates.

If that's the case we'll be getting that and going as much as we want in Sept.

Not sure beyond that.

curious about the "Jack'd Up" experience, I need more details!
View attachment 583043

The Jack'd Up experience is probably like the Stranger Things experience they did at Cabana Bay in 2019.

There were a few sets constructed for photo ops: the ice cream shop and the living room. You waited in line then got to take pictures in the sets.

This is my first ever HHN and this is probably a stupid question, but:

The express pass ticket doesn't include admission, so that means I have to purchase a HHN single ticket admission ticket as well? I'm just double checking since the express pass is $120 for the day we want to go while a single ticket admission is $90. So if I wanted to go to HHN and skip the lines my total price for the experience would be $210?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter