30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Express for HHN went up $20 for every one of my days in October): so much for waiting for other options….
Three days ago I told my sister to purchase her single night express pass even if she is waiting for multi night tickets for this exact reason.. of course she didn't listen.

Three days ago I told my sister to purchase her single night express pass even if she is waiting for multi night tickets for this exact reason.. of course she didn't listen.

If you had posted this bit of info, I would have. ::yes::
I not only take advice, I ask for it. Makes life so much easier!

So, here's this.. Oh, why do they offer start times for RIP Tours?
With this being our first time going, does anyone have any suggestions for Oct 30th?

Last edited:
If you had posted this bit of info, I would have. ::yes::
I not only take advise, I ask for it. Makes life so much easier!

So, here's this.. Oh, why do they offer start times for RIP Tours?
With this being our first time going, does anyone have any suggestions for Oct 30th?

View attachment 584393
They offer different start time periods so tour waits will not have long waits in the house lines

They pulse the lines into the houses for the public tour groups

when you book a public tour, you list one of the above time starts

Private tours generally are assigned a time for houses and your tour guide will take you to the shortcut way to enter them
No long waits for those in a private tour

Public tours have a similar set up and do have a short wait before they enter a house

So doing a tour is a big advantage, much less wait time to see the houses
Your guide will have you follow them as you enter the house by a short cut way

All guides are given a start time schedule to do each house
It is less congested that way

TM in the houses will pulse the lines for the tour groups

They offer different start time periods so tour waits will not have long waits in the house lines

They pulse the lines into the houses for the public tour groups

when you book a public tour, you list one of the above time starts

Private tours generally are assigned a time for houses and your tour guide will take you to the shortcut way to enter them
No long waits for those in a private tour

Public tours have a similar set up and do have a short wait before they enter a house

Understood, thank you.... but... :poop:

With this being our first time going, what time slot should we do for Oct 30th?

For public tours I request first open time period
6:30

Less rush inside the house as lines not long

The later time in the evening to start houses will be when the park is filled with more peeps

I prefer to have less large crowds
Many like a late start so they can spend a good 2 hours in the park with less crowds and hit houses and scare zones

Public tours are one house one time only in the tour

Private tours allow repeats of houses ... as many as the owner of the tour wants

For public tours I request first open time period
6:30

Less rush inside the house as lines not long

The later time in the evening to start houses will be when the park is filled with more peeps

I prefer to have less large crowds
Many like a late start so they can spend a good 2 hours in the park with less crowds and hit houses and scare zones

Public tours are one house one time only in the tour

Private tours allow repeats of houses ... as many as the owner of the tour wants

So helpful as always! Thank you. I wish we could afford the Private.
DH saw the price tag and said NOPE! Gotta listen, he's my man!

Public tour, there is 3 in my reservation + friend if he can join our group.
Call Vip tours and ask if you can change the # in your group to 4
If they say yes they have open slots, and you prepay for the 4 th person
Once they have 12 for your group, it’s cut off for adding more

Now that I know a little too late that express ticket prices go up. Do regular HHN ticket prices go up, too?

Now that I know a little too late that express ticket prices go up. Do regular HHN ticket prices go up, too?
Maybe. It won’t let me buy more tickets at the moment. It’s all grayed out….the app still works, maybe it’s me.

Maybe. It won’t let me buy more tickets at the moment. It’s all grayed out….the app still works, maybe it’s me.

I had no issues buying HHN tickets & EP's on desktop yesterday.
Still have not added regular RIP Tour. I'd really like to know what I'm paying for and that is definitely just me. :hippie:

FYI: Universal Store has these back in stock
Limited Release Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Jack Adult T-Shirt $28
Note, shipping fees apply.

I had no issues buying HHN tickets & EP's on desktop yesterday.
Still have not added regular RIP Tour. I'd really like to know what I'm paying for and that is definitely just me. :hippie:

FYI: Universal Store has these back in stock
Limited Release Halloween Horror Nights 2021 Jack Adult T-Shirt $28
View attachment 584664
Note, shipping fees apply.
Thank you. I did end up getting what I wanted. I had no problem buying express in the morning, but in the evening I had to use an incognito window to purchase tickets on my MacBook.
I wish I knew if that Jack shirt will be available next month in the park. I’d like to get my discount if possible.

I am kinda kicking myself for not buying my HHN EP last week, but I was holding out for multinight tickets. I did buy the EPs for 2 out of 3 nights, the Saturday night DH and I are content sitting and sipping a drink while watching guests get scared in the scarezones. HRH is completely unavailable our dates so I am SO glad we booked in March. We are going in October so I am ready for the crowds and SO READY for HHN!!!

I wish I knew if that Jack shirt will be available next month in the park. I’d like to get my discount if possible.

My menfolk really wanted them and typically by late October most items are sold out, at least that's my experience at WDW during MNSSHP.
Universal could be different... naw, I really don't think so! :laughing:

I also purchased one for Dan the Man, our son's friend who we're taking with us. I'm creating a Vacation Care Package for him. I believe this is his first vacation, I know he's never been on a plane and to be honest, I don't think he's ever left the state. We're all very excited!

About this VCP, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Sadly, I know his family cannot afford very much. As our guest, we're covering his entire trip. I truly hope I'm not coming off as ostentatious, flamboyant or whatever but we would like to do more without hurting and/or overwhelming him and his parents - I don't know how to do that.
I know he needs stuff for this trip. I know what poor feels like - been there, lived it. If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'm all ears! Please feel free to PM me as well. Thank you.

My menfolk really wanted them and typically by late October most items are sold out, at least that's my experience at WDW during MNSSHP.
Universal could be different... naw, I really don't think so! :laughing:

I also purchased one for Dan the Man, our son's friend who we're taking with us. I'm creating a Vacation Care Package for him. I believe this is his first vacation, I know he's never been on a plane and to be honest, I don't think he's ever left the state. We're all very excited!

About this VCP, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells. Sadly, I know his family cannot afford very much. As our guest, we're covering his entire trip. I truly hope I'm not coming off as ostentatious, flamboyant or whatever but we would like to do more without hurting and/or overwhelming him and his parents - I don't know how to do that.
I know he needs stuff for this trip. I know what poor feels like - been there, lived it. If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'm all ears! Please feel free to PM me as well. Thank you.
A good suitcase for him to pack. It surprises me how much this gets overlooked until the last minute. I have ran into this problem myself when traveling with one my adult children. I was shocked to see her purple suitcase she had as a child, broken zipper tabs and all packed to fly cross country….she refused to borrow one from me….I bought her new purple one for the next time.

That is so kind and generous of you! As Mamapenguin mentioned a suitcase would be a great way to "wrap" the VCP. There are decent ones at Target or sales that come up on Amazon. I am sure his parents must feel blessed their son gets such a fun vacation with his friend and their fun family!!
A good suitcase for him to pack. It surprises me how much this gets overlooked until the last minute. I have ran into this problem myself when traveling with one my adult children. I was shocked to see her purple suitcase she had as a child, broken zipper tabs and all packed to fly cross country….she refused to borrow one from me….I bought her new purple one for the next time.
Fantastic idea!

Nope Fox, just nice of you. I’d buy him a shirt or two from Universal or other that he’d be happy to wear in parks. Agree, a suitcase is a good idea to be the wrapping for his VCP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter