30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

HHN Icons is in a soundstage so that one should be a great house! I can't quite figure out where the others are located. I have a feeling Beetlejuice is in the warehouse behind the Kidz Zone but not sure where The Haunting of Hill House is.

Here's the event map. Icons is at the front in New York in a soundstage. It's where Ghostbusters was I think. Beetlejuice is in Kidz Zone near ET, I think. I can't remember if that's a tent or soundstage. Hill House is also in Kidz Zone. I think it's in a warehouse, maybe where Graveyard Games or Universal Monsters was. I get mixed up, because the marks on the map don't align well with the entrances and exits.

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/site/hhn/details/event-map/index.html

So if we have the Frequent Fear pass, we can get it even if a night is sold out, right?
Sorry if this is a dumb question, we've never done HHN.

Here's the event map. Icons is at the front in New York in a soundstage. It's where Ghostbusters was I think. Beetlejuice is in Kidz Zone near ET, I think. I can't remember if that's a tent or soundstage. Hill House is also in Kidz Zone. I think it's in a warehouse, maybe where Graveyard Games or Universal Monsters was. I get mixed up, because the marks on the map don't align well with the entrances and exits.
I know...I was looking at a map online and nothing really matches up correctly. The entrance is near where Ghostbusters was but the queue passes to the left and you have to walk around to the back of the building to actually enter the house. I still think the way they come up with the different queues is fiendish and very clever. I remember one house in the warehouse behind Kidz Zone had the longest queue I had ever seen!

I am torn between wanting to watch live streams and wanting to be surprised in 2 weeks when I finally will be there!! And hope the multinight tix sales resume next week. Otherwise will be cut down for hubs to 2 nights with express one of those nights, RIP tour the other.
Back to re-watching Haunting of Hill house...so excited for this house!!
We’ve also struggled with this. Ultimately, this is our first year with an 11 & 13 year old. We’re more concerned about “freaking out” our DS13, so the more we watch the IP with him (maybe not TX Chainsaw 😳) and watch reviews of houses as mom and dad we can build a plan of “tame” to “insane” and let him bow out once he reaches his threshold.

I won’t watch BTS videos, if available, but want to know what houses are most intense. Also, I need a plan for F&B 🤣.

What's the deal with no multi-night passes being sold? The website says they are temporarily not selling them. I'm wondering if that is just for this weekend so that people can't buy the multi-night passes as a way to get in on sold-out nights. We are planning to come down in two weeks, and I was going to buy Rush of Fear so we could go for the whole 4 nights we're there, since that's the reason for our trip. I was just holding off on buying non-refundable things like tickets in case something (like COVID) causes us to cancel, not thinking they might be pulled. Any thoughts on if/when RoF will go back on sale?

What's the deal with no multi-night passes being sold? The website says they are temporarily not selling them. I'm wondering if that is just for this weekend so that people can't buy the multi-night passes as a way to get in on sold-out nights. We are planning to come down in two weeks, and I was going to buy Rush of Fear so we could go for the whole 4 nights we're there, since that's the reason for our trip. I was just holding off on buying non-refundable things like tickets in case something (like COVID) causes us to cancel, not thinking they might be pulled. Any thoughts on if/when RoF will go back on sale?
It was posted both nights this weekend are sold out but they should be selling multi-night tickets starting next week.

Was thinking it was not really sold out and they said it was for hype - but watched a live stream and it looked sold out.
Rain was pretty bad there for a while but tuned back in later and it was pretty much done.

No roving chainsaws in Simpsons area - not sure if that will change as the event goes on - that's one of my favorite places to have a drink and sit on a bench and watch people get chased

The general feedback I heard was the plexiglass was done well and really not any sort of distraction

I am a little concerned now about not getting in with ROF and express on FRI\SATs - since I do 9 or 10 nights I like to have a drink or two and go in after the initial surge - may have to rethink that - glad I am doing sea world one of the Fridays.

Was thinking it was not really sold out and they said it was for hype - but watched a live stream and it looked sold out.

Rain was pretty bad there for a while but tuned back in later and it was pretty much done.

I am a little concerned now about not getting in with ROF and express on FRI\SATs - since I do 9 or 10 nights I like to have a drink or two and go in after the initial surge - may have to rethink that - glad I am doing sea world one of the Fridays.
Both nights this weekend are sold out and there is no doubt in my mind it was wall to wall people everywhere.

I had some rain for a few hours but you are right...it moved on and I live about 20 minutes from the Studios.

I think you will be OK after this weekend. Lots of people were excited to go again but I doubt those crowds will continue.

Can anyone confirm this for me? If we have an AP we don’t need a “stay and scream” ticket correct? We can just stay in that area with our Ap’s? Just what to make sure I’m understanding correctly before we get there!

Can anyone confirm this for me? If we have an AP we don’t need a “stay and scream” ticket correct? We can just stay in that area with our Ap’s? Just what to make sure I’m understanding correctly before we get there!
Your AP will get you into the park prior to closing and then make your way to a holding area WITH your HHN ticket for that night. You still have to have a valid HHN ticket for the night.

Wondering if anyone has read any good reviews from yesterday?

And do you think it’s possible to do all 10 houses, all scare zones and all shows in one night if we have the Express Pass? If we want to do everything, does it make sense to only try to see each house only once (w the express pass). We’ll already be inside UO before 5pm.

And do you think it’s possible to do all 10 houses, all scare zones and all shows in one night if we have the Express Pass? If we want to do everything, does it make sense to only try to see each house only once (w the express pass). We’ll already be inside UO before 5pm.
You shouldn't have a problem w/EP. Scare zones are outside in the open so seeing those is no problem at all...you just walk through them. I'm not a show person so I don't usually do those. Don't use your EP if the wait time is 30 minutes or less so you can come back and do that house again...if you like it.

unless if they are at capacity, they set a limit because of covid, but once people leave than they'll allow others to enter.
So if we are in, but leave to get dinner or something, we might have to wait for readmission? Is there any special line for people who were already there?

@MetroWest Here's what I deduced about house locations/entrances. This could be wrong or different from previous years.

Bride of Frankenstein - Soundstage 23 near the front of the park. This soundstage hasn't been used since The Thing in HHN 21. It's behind the amphitheater in front of Rip Ride Rocket. I presume the entrance will be between Fallon and the amphitheater, just in front of the Fallon bathrooms. However, they usually have people line up in the grass in front of the amphitheater. Maybe the same entrance as Stranger Things first year.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Also soundstage 23. I think it will use the Jimmie Fallon entrance and go through the building. I can't remember if that's were you entered for Yeti last time.

Toothfairy & Icons - Soundstage 24. I believe this is the entrance between Fallon and the Tribute Store underneath Rip Ride Rocket. I believe the entrances for both are right next to each other but split off in different directions.

Scarey - MIB tent. I think the entrance is between MIB and Fear Factor. House of 1000 Corpses was there last time.

Wicked Growth - Sprung tent 2. This is where Depths of Fear was last. You enter between MIB & the Coke store, right before entering Springfield. The entrance should be next to Puppet Theater.

Puppet Theatre - Sprung tent 1. This is where Nightingales was last time. The entrance is between MIB and the Coke store, right next to Wicked Growth.

Haunting of Hill House - New parade building/B108S. Universal Monsters was there last. The entrance is in Kidz Zone to the left as you enter the area.

Beetlejuice - Parade building/B-79. Graveyard Games was there last. I think the entrance is right next to Hill House. I believe Graveyard Games and Universal Monsters had entrances right next to each to the left as you enter Kidz Zone. The exit is through the ET outdoor queue.

Case Files Unearthed: Legendary Truth - Soundstage 40D/Shrek. This is one of the actual Shrek theaters; there are two. Shrek has limited capacity while HHN is occuring, since half of it is being used for a house. This was killer klowns last time.

So if we are in, but leave to get dinner or something, we might have to wait for readmission? Is there any special line for people who were already there?
No special line for that. Sometimes there is a line for hotel guests. I don't know if it's better than the regular line though. What time would you be returning? The wait to get in for the first 30 minutes or so is usually pretty terrible. You can look up pictures on the internet of the massive crowd that forms in front of the gates. It's best to be in the park before it closes, waiting in one of the Stay and Scream areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter