30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Ctl, if you feel up to it, maybe you could walk through the house, and ride your ECV otherwise. But yeah.wheelchair is probably the best, if you can’t walk any distance. What you can do, if not getting express or RIP tour, you can ask for a disability pass, and then you go to line entrance with that pass, and they will give you a return time, where you can have just a little wait to get into the houses. Hopefully, you will be able to be much better with walking some, when you come to Universal for HHN.

But by law, the houses can be done in a wheelchair, as they are all ADA compliant.

Reactions: ctl
So, I was so mad at Bob Chapek and Disney, that I decided to cancel my WDW trip and am going to HHN instead. I unfortunately have a broken ankle, so I am renting an ECV, but can a wheelchair actually go into the haunted houses? I am currently on crutches, so probably not able to stand through an entire house. Do I need to rent a wheelchair as well? I have express passes for HHN, so that may help get us through some more houses than we could otherwise make. Any other tips for those who really can't walk? I have never been to HHN before, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Yes, my mom was in a wheelchair a few years ago, and we pushed her through the houses. If I recall correctly, the queues were harder to navigate than the houses because of the switchbacks.

So a buddy and I have HHN tickets for Saturday, September 11, and we're out of staters, so it's the only time that we can go. As I'm watching news reports, I'm getting more and more concerned about this possible tropical storm Mindy that might hit Orlando this weekend. This is our first HHN, so I'm not familiar with how they operate in inclement weather. Is it possible that they would close some elements of HHN or cancel it outright if the weather gets too bad? If they do cancel, is there any sort of refund policy?

I'm familiar with the standard central Florida midday downpour, so I'm not concerned about doing the event in a poncho. I'm more concerned about it getting cancelled or drastically altered due to a serious storm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Do I need to rent a wheelchair as well? I have express passes for HHN, so that may help get us through some more houses than we could otherwise make. Any other tips for those who really can't walk? I have never been to HHN before, so any help would be gratefully appreciated.
the EP will surely help

WC are located outside the entrance to houses.

Did a trip over 4th of July with broken foot. do you have a walking boot Prescribed? Would probably do the trick for you along with rented ECV.

the EP will surely help

WC are located outside the entrance to houses.

Did a trip over 4th of July with broken foot. do you have a walking boot Prescribed? Would probably do the trick for you along with rented ECV.
Yes, I have the long fracture boot cast currently. Hope your foot is better by now :daisy:

So a buddy and I have HHN tickets for Saturday, September 11, and we're out of staters, so it's the only time that we can go. As I'm watching news reports, I'm getting more and more concerned about this possible tropical storm Mindy that might hit Orlando this weekend. This is our first HHN, so I'm not familiar with how they operate in inclement weather. Is it possible that they would close some elements of HHN or cancel it outright if the weather gets too bad? If they do cancel, is there any sort of refund policy?

I'm familiar with the standard central Florida midday downpour, so I'm not concerned about doing the event in a poncho. I'm more concerned about it getting cancelled or drastically altered due to a serious storm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Keep an eye on the happens with the weather...that's all we can do. Right now this is not supposed to be anything major...just rain but we don't know how much or when. The only time the event would be cancelled by weather is a full blown hurricane...storms and downpours will not close the event. Some house entrances could be flooded and the scare zones will most likely not be available due to the actors not being able to perform in their make up. Just know...the event will not close but some aspects will not be available.

Today’s the day for our first ever HHN. :p Here‘s hoping the weather stays clear.

We have Premier APs, which include one free night. Do we have to go to guest services to get a printed ticket? Or can we just scan in with our AP card?

We also have the RIP tour planned. I’m assuming we can just show them the email confirmation on that one.

Today’s the day for our first ever HHN. :p Here‘s hoping the weather stays clear.

We have Premier APs, which include one free night. Do we have to go to guest services to get a printed ticket? Or can we just scan in with our AP card?

We also have the RIP tour planned. I’m assuming we can just show them the email confirmation on that one.
You scan in with your AP. We did this in 2018 at the holding area by Finnegan’s. Have fun:-)

Yes, I have the long fracture boot cast currently. Hope your foot is better by now :daisy:
Yes, thank you! trip gave me a great appreciation for those who have to navigate in ECVs in a crowd. found it somewhat frustrating when, even in turtle mode, to constantly have to watch for people cluelessly darting out in front of the ECV.

PS gold mobility was great to deal with & price was the best, delivered a 3 wheeled one in perfect condition; making sure I was comfortable in how to use & disassemble it.

Can someone please tell me how much busier a Saturday night is than a Thursday night? I have been a big HHN fan from afar (looking enviously over at HHN from MNSHP) and will finally be going to my first HHN this year if Delta doesn't keep us away. Is it significantly less crowded on Thursday than Saturday? If you go on a Saturday without the Express Pass, would you be able to see all the houses before midnight? If we go on a Saturday night, we would bring our 13 y/o son who would likely start crashing by then.

Can someone please tell me how much busier a Saturday night is than a Thursday night? I have been a big HHN fan from afar (looking enviously over at HHN from MNSHP) and will finally be going to my first HHN this year if Delta doesn't keep us away. Is it significantly less crowded on Thursday than Saturday? If you go on a Saturday without the Express Pass, would you be able to see all the houses before midnight? If we go on a Saturday night, we would bring our 13 y/o son who would likely start crashing by then.

Saturday is definitely more crowded than a Thursday. Don’t think you can do all the houses without express before midnight. Going to have hour plus waits for most houses.
Personally found I was able to get wait more houses done during a Wednesday or Thursday even compared to a Sunday

Looks like HHN icons, Beetlejuice and Hill House are early long line houses with 60 minutes wait times right now.
Does the UO app indicate wait times for the respective houses? If so, one could monitor the house wait times to plan which house to hit at a particular time rather than going around haphazardly.

Does the UO app indicate wait times for the respective houses? If so, one could monitor the house wait times to plan which house to hit at a particular time rather than going around haphazardly.
The few times I've used it in the past it showed the wait times. I'm not a phone person so I haven't used it in ages.

What’s the latest I can purchase tickets online and still get the discount (compared to at the gate)?

is it day of?

Yes, the app shows the wait time. It’s like the wait times in the Disney app. Like with the MDE wait times may not be totally accurate.

If you aren’t doing stay and scream, lot’s of people are going to go to the houses in the front of the park, it might be good strategy to go towards the back of the park and work your way to front. I would not constantly go back and forth just based on the wait times.There a map on HHN’s website. Most places have 2 houses next to each other. So if you do the house by the kids zone, it’s easier to do the neighboring ET house instead of going to NY section and then coming back to ET.

Yes, the app shows the wait time. It’s like the wait times in the Disney app. Like with the MDE wait times may not be totally accurate.

If you aren’t doing stay and scream, lot’s of people are going to go to the houses in the front of the park, it might be good strategy to go towards the back of the park and work your way to front. I would not constantly go back and forth just based on the wait times.There a map on HHN’s website. Most places have 2 houses next to each other. So if you do the house by the kids zone, it’s easier to do the neighboring ET house instead of going to NY section and then coming back to ET.
We have annual passes and are staying at the Royal Pacific. If the wait times are around 40-45 in the early part of the evening and 90 minutes later on, is it even possible to see all of the houses let alone spend time in the scare zones? Thank you for any guidance. I've been looking forward to doing HHN for a while and know next to nothing about the logistics of the event.

We have annual passes and are staying at the Royal Pacific. If the wait times are around 40-45 in the early part of the evening and 90 minutes later on, is it even possible to see all of the houses let alone spend time in the scare zones? Thank you for any guidance. I've been looking forward to doing HHN for a while and know next to nothing about the logistics of the event.
I would not try to do everything in one night. Just prioritize the houses and scare zones that interest you. You can get ahead of the people waiting outside for HHN by being in the park beforehand and going to one of the stay and scream holding areas. It’s also depends on when you are going. Weekday are less crowded than Weekends. September less crowded than October. It’s open to 1am or 2 am. So 8-10 pm are going to be peak crowd times.

I would not try to do everything in one night. Just prioritize the houses and scare zones that interest you. You can get ahead of the people waiting outside for HHN by being in the park beforehand and going to one of the stay and scream holding areas. It’s also depends on when you are going. Weekday are less crowded than Weekends. September less crowded than October. It’s open to 1am or 2 am. So 8-10 pm are going to be peak crowd times.
Thank you so much for your help. I'm most looking forward to Beetlejuice and The Haunting of Hill House house. Good thing for me that they're in the same area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter