30 Years & Counting HHN 2021, XXX Let’s Stick This One!

Another question ( I do apologize, I keep thinking of new things I don't know)
Can you get in line for the houses right up to closing, or do the cut the lines early?
As long as the line has not been cut off, all that are in the line will be able to do that house

In some past years, lines have been cut off before closing time
A house line could be cut off 30 minutes before the park officially closes

All in the line up to that point, are allowed to stay in line

Work in progress here as to first houses open info

According to reliable sources on FB:

Finnegans: Bride or TCM

Central Park: hill house or Beetlejuice

Here, Initially, guests are asked if they want to go to line up for the houses or Simpsons area.

If you select houses, then divided to either Hill House or Beetlejuice

once pens released simpson area will be led to Scary by TMs.

Reports you can bring up the rear/merge into either of the existing lines originating in Central Park too

Are there freestyle machines or quick serve places to refill the cup while waiting? We will probably do stay and scream at Central Park to get to Beetlejuice or Hill House, but I don't want to melt in the sun

I finally decided to book the RIP (public) Tour for 10/16 which is a Saturday. Do we have to call and confirm the tour? I think I had to in the past (only did the tour once). I have the email confirmation with the date, but not the time (I did select a time though). It's getting real now :) We have Express for the other two nights we are attending, and I thought the third night we would just chill BUT as a nurse I've been working LOTS of OT so I decided to splurge.

Mobile ticket question, can you get a printout at the hotel of tickets? Or should I print the confirmation pages JUST in case my phone is being fresh..... can you tell I am getting excited (and nervous). This trip is going to ROCK!

Thank you to all posting their HHN experiences!!!! <3

Don’t know what to tell you but will say I received an email with a confirmation number and info of my tour meet up time.

it basically confirmed where to go for the tour to sign in

I received the email quickly, same day I booked by a phone call

You can call VIP tours and have them send you the confirmation number and standard form letter that acknowledges your tour

I booked my tours the day bookings started
Maybe they are doing confirmation letters at a slower pace now?

Tours are at different time periods
Call Vip Tours so you know your meet up time

DIS friends, I need help figuring out a strategy for our HHN day/evening. Please help!
  • We have APs and will be at UO by 2pm and can "Stay and Scream."
  • We have Express Pass for HHN.
  • This is our only night doing HHN (Thursday Oct 7th).
  • I want to sit down and have linner, so that we're not melting down for lack of food (important not only for the teens but for this mama, snacks are just not enough for extended hours!).
  • I currently have linner reservations at Finnegan's at 2:45pm and Lombard's at 3:30. Lombard's menu is more appealing, but logistics is more important.
  • We want to do all 10 houses, enjoy the scare zones, have a couple of snacks/themed food, and definitely see the 2 shows.
  • Of the houses, Hill House and Beetlejuice are the ones we may want to do more than once.
  • I would prefer to save our energy for the evening, and would prefer not to stand in a stand and scream line for more than 20 minutes.
So, would you recommend that we eat linner at Finnegan's or Lombard's?

Assuming we want to head to Central Park for the Scream and Stay, what time should we plan to be there and what kind of wait can we expect? I assume there is no seating and beverages while we wait for the houses in that line? How far behind the pack will we be if we do not make the Beetlejuice/Hill House line?

If we decide to Scream and Stay at Finnegan's at 5pm, would that experience be more pleasant than Central Park? Is there seating? Beverages?

[vinotinto: my suggestions are in bold below

DIS friends, I need help figuring out a strategy for our HHN day/evening. Please help!
  • I want to sit down and have linner, so that we're not melting down for lack of food (important not only for the teens but for this mama, snacks are just not enough for extended hours!).
  • I currently have linner reservations at Finnegan's at 2:45pm and Lombard's at 3:30. Lombard's menu is more appealing, but logistics is more important.
  • they are not that far apart from each other. Lombards will be a quieter dining experience. Finnegan’s is especially hopping pre HHN.
  • We want to do all 10 houses, enjoy the scare zones, have a couple of snacks/themed food, and definitely see the 2 shows.
  • the Columbus Day Thursday has been busier than most others in the past when we’ve visited. You have EP, conventional wisdom is to do the first few houses from stay & scream (see above) & save your pass to do repeat viewing.

• Of the houses, Hill House and Beetlejuice are the ones we may want to do more than once.
Then, it’s a good idea to start out in CP area. Might get lucky & knock them both out before the gate gets back there.
  • I would prefer to save our energy for the evening, and would prefer not to stand in a stand and scream line for more than 20 minutes.

doesn’t matter where or what time you eat dinner. Both options will have you back on the sidewalk before 5 pm. when it rolls around, the TM’s will start herding people into the pens. They are very efficient at it. Many of the rides will be proactively closed before 5pm to allow for the people in line to be processed in a timely manner so that the park can be cleared of day guests. Sooner that happens, the earlier HHN will fire up.

Assuming we want to head to Central Park for the Scream and Stay, what time should we plan to be there and what kind of wait can we expect? I assume there is no seating and beverages while we wait for the houses in that line? How far behind the pack will we be if we do not make the Beetlejuice/Hill House line?

you will wait in “a” pen until the park is cleared, period

Read back, there have been reports of the pens being released by 5:30 or so, although quite early based upon past experience.

There is little seating or shade in the pens. It’s a mass of humanity lol. Prefer to hang back to not be in the thick of the crowd. YMMV.

There are plenty of opportunities to grab refreshments throughout the night. Expect long lines, especially for the pizza fries & tater Stick things. there have been consistent reports of excessive delays for snacks throughout the night this year.

You may find yourself needing to prioritize houses vs snacks & house vs shows. Might want to discuss that with the fam ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

If we decide to Scream and Stay at Finnegan's at 5pm, would that experience be more pleasant than Central Park? Is there seating? Beverages?

Lol define ‘pleasant’. like death & taxes, HHN holding pens are hot & crowded. Most people seem happy enough & go with the flow. There’s an interesting electricity in the air. All part of the experience. Embrace it.

pray to your higher power it doesn’t rain. :).

benches will likely be long spoken for, same as fence railings TBH. Finnegan’s will be at capacity; both from those trying to hold down their table for 3 hours:confused3 to those in line outside trying to get in.

it’s good to go into the event with a general plan of attack. However, you need to be flexible. will find that crowds for each house ebb & flow from hour to hour. relax and enjoy the ride.
[/QUOTE]

@vinotinto Keisha has good advice. Also, Louie's may not be as crowded for pizza fries, and they are much better there. Sometimes there is curbing available at the back of Finnegan's S&S area to sit, but sometimes that gets full too. Usually the curbing in front of the xmas shop fills up first, since it tends to have some shade.

If it rains, then at least the sun isn't baking down on you :confused3

Anyone do jacked up at CB yet? Stranger things was very well done

opens at 2pm for onsite guests. Wondering how the lines are building early on

We went to see the Jacked up room at CB yesterday. There was no line. You only need your resort room card from any onsite resort to enter. Staff takes you inside. Glad we seen it. Liked Stranger Things better, but nice photo op inside.

Lines were long for houses and food booths Sunday night and yesterday night. Overheard guest services tell a guy all the FP’s were sold out yesterday evening.

Last edited:
We went to see the Jacked up room at CB yesterday. There was no line. You only need your resort room card from any onsite resort to enter. Staff takes you inside. Glad we seen it. Liked Stranger Things better, but nice photo op inside.

Lines were long for houses and food booths Sunday night and yesterday night. Overheard guest services tell a guy all the FP’s
were sold out yesterday evening.
How did you get over to CB? Trying to decide if I want to go. The drinks at the bar didn't seem very interesting.

Lines were long for houses and food booths Sunday night and yesterday night. Overheard guest services tell a guy all the FP’s
were sold out yesterday evening.
Thanks! had the thot ST would be difficult to top, it was so well done.

any pics or are you still considering a TR?

Thus will be out 1st HHN, yay! Looking for some insight on which day would be the least crowded?

1. Tuesday, Oct 26 - this is the only Tuesday of the event. I had heard last year this day was packed, but I have no personal experience.
2. Wednesday, Oct 27
3. Thursday, Oct 28 - Orlando schools are closed on Friday, will this impact attendance on Thursday at all?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Amy

[vinotinto: my suggestions are in bold below

• they are not that far apart from each other. Lombards will be a quieter dining experience. Finnegan’s is especially hopping pre HHN.
  • the Columbus Day Thursday has been busier than most others in the past when we’ve visited. You have EP, conventional wisdom is to do the first few houses from stay & scream (see above) & save your pass to do repeat viewing.

Then, it’s a good idea to start out in CP area. Might get lucky & knock them both out before the gate gets back there.

doesn’t matter where or what time you eat dinner. Both options will have you back on the sidewalk before 5 pm. when it rolls around, the TM’s will start herding people into the pens. They are very efficient at it. Many of the rides will be proactively closed before 5pm to allow for the people in line to be processed in a timely manner so that the park can be cleared of day guests. Sooner that happens, the earlier HHN will fire up.

you will wait in “a” pen until the park is cleared, period

Read back, there have been reports of the pens being released by 5:30 or so, although quite early based upon past experience.

There is little seating or shade in the pens. It’s a mass of humanity lol. Prefer to hang back to not be in the thick of the crowd. YMMV.

There are plenty of opportunities to grab refreshments throughout the night. Expect long lines, especially for the pizza fries & tater Stick things. there have been consistent reports of excessive delays for snacks throughout the night this year.

You may find yourself needing to prioritize houses vs snacks & house vs shows. Might want to discuss that with the fam ahead of time to avoid disappointment.

Lol define ‘pleasant’. like death & taxes, HHN holding pens are hot & crowded. Most people seem happy enough & go with the flow. There’s an interesting electricity in the air. All part of the experience. Embrace it.

pray to your higher power it doesn’t rain. :).

benches will likely be long spoken for, same as fence railings TBH. Finnegan’s will be at capacity; both from those trying to hold down their table for 3 hours:confused3 to those in line outside trying to get in.

it’s good to go into the event with a general plan of attack. However, you need to be flexible. will find that crowds for each house ebb & flow from hour to hour. relax and enjoy the ride.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I think we'll plan to head to CP and hang back a bit. We don't really need to be first, LOL. And bring ponchos.

I do expect it to be crowded that night. That has been my experience with Disney around those dates. I know many people heading to UO for our ATL Metro area fall break this year.

I know many people heading to UO for our ATL Metro area fall break this year.
Not sure of current policies, pre Covid -Many schools in our area, combined day off for Columbus Day. Followed by a parent/teacher conference day & an in service one for teachers. Nice, as we’d just need to tack on just a day or two trips to flush out a fall when kids were in school

For the locals…Is hell week a thing this year? Just struck me as we booked a repeat HHN visit for 6 days starting on 10/23. Never have gone so late in the haunt season, figure it very well may be far more crowded than past visits over Columbus Day weekend.

Thus will be out 1st HHN, yay! Looking for some insight on which day would be the least crowded?

1. Tuesday, Oct 26 - this is the only Tuesday of the event. I had heard last year this day was packed, but I have no personal experience.
2. Wednesday, Oct 27
3. Thursday, Oct 28 - Orlando schools are closed on Friday, will this impact attendance on Thursday at all?

Thanks for your thoughts!
Amy
I heard on a podcast that the Thursdays before Orlando schools are out on a Friday can be really busy. Don't know about the other dates. I would look at the ticket and Express Pass pricing to see which is more expensive. That's usually a good indication of what Universal thinks will be busy.

Not sure of current policies, pre Covid -Many schools in our area, combined day off for Columbus Day. Followed by a parent/teacher conference day & an in service one for teachers. Nice, as we’d just need to tack on just a day or two trips to flush out a fall when kids were in school

For the locals…Is hell week a thing this year? Just struck me as we booked a repeat HHN visit for 6 days starting on 10/23. Never have gone so late in the haunt season, figure it very well may be far more crowded than past visits over Columbus Day weekend.
It is going to be crowded

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter