30 Years Old and STILL In to the Characters :

Disney Wanderer

DIS Veteran
I just turned 30 years old , Have No Kids , and Im Proud to say that i am a HUGE character Fan .although i admit Sometimes i feel a Little out of Place, But that doesnt stop me from getting that Special Pic and Autograph. Its DisneyWorld EVERYONE does it.... Dont they? ;)
Is this Considred a " normal" way of thinking?? or am i weird now LOL

DH (46) and I (39) waited in line for 1/2 hour to have our picture made with Stitch. It was our anniversary trip without kiddos and we still went for the characters!:)

I'm 31, married, no kiddos and I broke my character pic record in August! 26 different characters in 6 days! I've said it many times...WDW is for EVERYONE, regardless of age and I can't imagine not getting my hugs from Mickey, my dances with the chipmunks or greetings without anyone else! It wouldn't be a trip to WDW without it! Thank heavens we have a place that has magic for everyone regardless of age and the characters love everyone from the very young to those of us who are still young at heart!

I love meeting the character! And actually i think it's really funny and awesome when i'm the one 19 year old standing in line with 4 and 5 year olds.. :rotfl: and the CM's think it's awesome, too.

I'm 24 and my boyfriend is 30 and we love the characters too. Sometimes i feel out of place, but then i remind myself that it's disney so it's a-ok :p

I thought it'd be weird as a 19-year-old, with my 19/20-year-old friends, but we had a ball! I must say I was a bit self-concious in the line to meet Ariel, three 19-year-olds with a huge line of little kiddos behind us, but we had a great time, and I have some awesome pictures and memories from it! Next trip, we're doing it again, only as 20/21-year-olds!!

I'm the type of person that I feel embarrassed doing ANYTHING where I might look out of place, but not at WDW! For some reason there, that feeling just goes away. On our honeymoon my DH and I (ages 23 & 22 at the time) stood in line for all the characters we wanted pictures with, and I never once felt embarrassed to be in line with mostly people a quarter of my age. :rotfl: We even planned one MK day to be at Toontown's rope drop to meet Mickey! :banana: In WDW, it's totally normal.

Hey, I am more than twice as old as you, DW, and I really enjoy the characters too. I don;t do the autographs, but enjoy taking pictures of them and all there interactions and antics. They are so much of what makes Disney.....Disney.

My wife and I are both 27 and we recently spent all of MNSSHP meeting and getting pics with characters. There were many others in line that we saw and talked to with out children doing the same as us. If it is fun for you then do it. That is all that matters is this situation.

I'm 30 and still love meeting the characters! We had a ball this past trip, and I got to see some that I've never met before!

Lady Tremaine and the Step Stepsisters are a Hoot! I HIGHLY recommend finding them on your next trip! :thumbsup2

I am 38 and a mother of two teens and I still LOVE the characters. I LOVE WDW. I LOVE the magic. I have a Mickey watch, Mickey earrings!!! You are never too old to enjoy the magic of Disney!;)

I am 30, married, no kids, and we just returned from WDW just a couple of days ago. I am still definitely into the characters, and you certainly aren't the minority for wanting to take pictures with them! When I walked into Magic Kingdom one night Chip and Dale were taking photos and signing autographs right in front of guest relations. I squeeled liked a little kid, "ooohh oooh Chip n Dale, my favorite!!!!" After I realized what I said, I turned to my husband and parents and said..."sorry for that little outburst, but I am excited." :lmao: We all had a good laugh as I ran into the line and had my pic taken with them. I can say that the line was about 50/50 with kids and adults with no kids. Its your vacation....have a wonderful time!!!

I am 38 and a mother of two teens and I still LOVE the characters. I LOVE WDW. I LOVE the magic. I have a Mickey watch, Mickey earrings!!! You are never too old to enjoy the magic of Disney!;)

I have a Mickey watch and Mickey earrings too.

I paid $32 for (fake) diamond earrings that feature "Hidden" Mickey heads that dangle from the bottoms of short sterling silver hoops. They came in a cute black Mickey Mouse velvet-lined box. At the time, it seemed like a little splurge, but let me tell you, boy did I get my money's worth...

These little babies match with practically everything I wear. I bought them two years ago, and I wear them all the time!! They are extremely well made and they are just as sparkly and polished as the day I bought them. I get compliments from clients, friends and relatives all-year round... They are AMAZED, FLOORED when I point out that they are Disney MICKEY MOUSE earrings! :rotfl:

The Mickey watch is a good conversation starter, and I wear it every day too. Why would I want a regular watch, when Mickey's white-gloved hands can point me to the right time? ;)

I am 28 and my DBF is 30. He and I have been best friends for 10 years, we've been dating for 6 years, and we are both Disney fans! He wears a Mickey Mouse watch everywhere, even to work with his suits (the watch is the Men's version of mine), and he has a rather sophisticated-looking Mickey Mouse wallet. :wizard:

You should see our Disneyfied place and our collections.
If you believe in the magic, you're never too old for Disney. :cloud9:

I'm 27, my fiancee is 24....we both get our pics taken with all the characters every time we go....AND just booked our honeymoon at WDW.

Nothing wrong with it!

I agree - nothing strange about liking the characters. I have a picture alone with Mickey from each trip (even my last trip with my then 2 year old DD). The family members with me thought it was strange, but it is tradition! (And we have plenty of pictures as a family, too.)

And I love Donald too.

This upcoming trip, my new quest is to finally meet Daisy (and all of the Princesses for DD5).

In my books I will never be too old to have pics taken with characters. My motto is "I might be getting older but I refuse to grow up!"

I stood in lines for pics with Donald, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip n Dale on our last trip in April. I would have done more but it was really busy and some of the lines were too big. And my wife and I don't have kids. Check my sig for my age. When I see it I can't believe it as i don't feel my age, but I do act it when it is needed.

If you go through life thinking that doing something is childish or that you are too old to do it then you are leading a very boring life!

JD

I am 51 and I am not ashamed to say I love the characters and get pictures taken with them. I always joke with them and have fun. There is no harm in letting your hair down and acting like a kid once in a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter