30th Anniversary...Narcoossee or Flying Fish?

Jnjtrio

Mouseketeer
Okay all looking for opinions. We really liked Narcoossee the last time we went (before Covid). We are going in September and trying to plan out meals. We had considered going back to Narcoossee but with GF in refurb it takes a little of the magic away walking through. We have Flying Fish marked as someplace we would like to try, how do you all think this compares? If you have another suggestion I would be interested, husband does not like the prix fixe menu at California Grill.

Where are you staying? Who is in your party? Is it just the two of you?

I really like both but have not been to narcossee since it reopened. We ate at flying fish in December and it was great, we eat there every trip. I will say the best meal of our trip was at bluezoo at the swalphin, have you considered there?

Where are you staying? Who is in your party? Is it just the two of you?

I really like both but have not been to narcossee since it reopened. We ate at flying fish in December and it was great, we eat there every trip. I will say the best meal of our trip was at bluezoo at the swalphin, have you considered there?
We are staying at Wilderness Lodge just the 2 of us, will be there for 9 nights. Will take a look at Bluezoo, any idea if Minnie Van goes to swalphin? We will have a vehicle but we were considering Minnie Van in case we decide to have more than one drink with our meal.

They're both awesome restaurants. You can't go wrong with either. I haven't been to Narccoossee's since the reopening, but it has a special place in my heart with it's beautiful views and excellent filet. Good luck deciding.:)

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge just the 2 of us, will be there for 9 nights. Will take a look at Bluezoo, any idea if Minnie Van goes to swalphin? We will have a vehicle but we were considering Minnie Van in case we decide to have more than one drink with our meal.
I agree with @Cinderbrella1 you can’t wrong with either.

Narcossee will give you a great fireworks view. I don’t enjoy crowds so it’s one of my favorite way to see the MK fireworks.

Flying Fish or Bluezoo would allow you to enjoy the boardwalk. We stayed at Boardwalk Inn in December and our room was overlooking the boardwalk. The entertainment was Thursday to Saturday. We were out late Sunday and Wednesday so I am not sure if they had it and then and there was none on Tuesday.

I find watching the fireworks from Narcossee and strolling around the lake at the boardwalk after dinner to both be romantic.

I do believe Minnie vans run to the swalphin but you could also easily walk to Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht to catch one.

Edit to add if you go to the swalphin I found their gift shop to have some hard to find Disney items (maybe less people go there?) and a huge array of Disney board games.

I agree with @Cinderbrella1 you can’t wrong with either.

Narcossee will give you a great fireworks view. I don’t enjoy crowds so it’s one of my favorite way to see the MK fireworks.

Flying Fish or Bluezoo would allow you to enjoy the boardwalk. We stayed at Boardwalk Inn in December and our room was overlooking the boardwalk. The entertainment was Thursday to Saturday. We were out late Sunday and Wednesday so I am not sure if they had it and then and there was none on Tuesday.

I find watching the fireworks from Narcossee and strolling around the lake at the boardwalk after dinner to both be romantic.

I do believe Minnie vans run to the swalphin but you could also easily walk to Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht to catch one.

Edit to add if you go to the swalphin I found their gift shop to have some hard to find Disney items (maybe less people go there?) and a huge array of Disney board games.
Hmm interesting on the items in the gift shop. And great thought on just walking from Boardwalk or Beach/Yacht for a Minnie Van. Husband is not a crowd person for fireworks either, have done the dessert party before to help us deal with that issue. We watched from the boat dock at the TTC one year, that is an amazing spot to watch from. Anniversary is on a Monday, so there might be no entertainment..but we will be at DISNEY!!!

We ate at Narcoossee's opening night and it was good. They still had the almond cheesecake so I was very happy. We watched the fire works from the veranda and it was a nice time.

We also ate at Flying Fish and i think Flying Fish was the better meal. Afterwards we walked around the boardwalk for a bit. It was fun.

I would pick Flying Fish.

I’ve eaten at both recently and they are both outstanding. For atmosphere and view, however, I would give Narcoosees the edge for an anniversary.
I agree we loved the view last time, we took a trip with our best friends and had an amazing dinner. But it was also the entire atmosphere of walking into GF. With the main lobby in refurb and the walls up around currently I am just wondering if that would pull any magic away. I also like the look of the refurb that was completed in Narcoossee, I think they did a good job with it. I am probably over thinking all of it, and should just continue to be thankful we are still happy to be together and can afford a trip.

Wife and I just did Flying Fish for our 25th anniversary in April. Potato Crusted Red Snapper has now become my favorite dish on property. Everything was perfect.
I definitely would love to try the potato crusted snapper… and the chocolate hazelnut bar!

My vote would be for Narcoossee, the food is very good, and the atmosphere is romantic. To avoid any construction that might be going on at GF you could always take a boat from MK. You said you will be staying at WL so you could boat over to MK then get a boat over to GF. The boats from MK to GF are more picturesque than the boats between WL and MK. JMHO Whatever you do I hope you have a very happy anniversary. pixiedust:

What time would you want a dinner reservation for in order to view the fireworks at Narcoossee’s? We’re planning on eating there September 7th or 8th.

My vote would be for Narcoossee, the food is very good, and the atmosphere is romantic. To avoid any construction that might be going on at GF you could always take a boat from MK. You said you will be staying at WL so you could boat over to MK then get a boat over to GF. The boats from MK to GF are more picturesque than the boats between WL and MK. JMHO Whatever you do I hope you have a very happy anniversary. pixiedust:
Thank you for the wonderful reminder about the boats as an option. I may just put the choices on cards and have hubby choose one and that will be it.

Wife and I just did Flying Fish for our 25th anniversary in April. Potato Crusted Red Snapper has now become my favorite dish on property. Everything was perfect.
Congratulations on 25 years! I have seen several glowing reviews on this dish, we hope to eat at both this trip.

Okay all looking for opinions. We really liked Narcoossee the last time we went (before Covid). We are going in September and trying to plan out meals. We had considered going back to Narcoossee but with GF in refurb it takes a little of the magic away walking through. We have Flying Fish marked as someplace we would like to try, how do you all think this compares? If you have another suggestion I would be interested, husband does not like the prix fixe menu at California Grill.
IMHO Flying Fish is one of the most consistent upscale restaurants in WDW. That would be my choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter