30th Birthday Halloween Celebration of life trip!

KelleyMaire

Earning My Ears
dasiy.png Hiya Pals!
I'm Kelley. This is my very first "pre" trip report. I was so excited when I found out about Disboards. People actually understand my love of Disney. My family just thinks I am crazy! I have always wanted to go to Disney for my birthday. With this being a big birthday year I decided to just do it. I couldn't be more excited! My DB is coming with.
brikel.png
A LITTLE BACKROUND HISTORY:

This will be about my 15th trip to Disney. The DB has been to Disney World before. However, he suffered a traumatic brain injury in May of 2015. He was struck as a pedestrian by a Mack truck. By some miracle he survived. I am so thankful. Unfortunately, he has no memories of his childhood or really anything before the accident. This will pretty much be his "first" time.. in what he likes to call his new life. I'm super excited to see it through his eyes! I figured going to Disney for my bday and to celebrate his life would be a wonderful experience for us!

Originally, I only planned on doing a long weekend. Seeing as the DB is not back at work yet and ill be paying for the trip. Things changed when I started talking to one of my coworkers, who loves Disney as much as I do. She told me that she's going for the MNSSHP. Immediately I started doing my research and looking up pictures and videos of past parties. I was sold!! I loveee the holidays, so I figured might as well go all out. Past years they have always had a party on Nov 1st. I figured that would be perfect seeing as my bday was the 5th. When tickets were released to my surprise no party on the 1st What was I to do? I debated over this for days. Should we try and go earlier or extend the trip and go to MVMCP. Last minute I decide to just book the tickets for Halloween Night. This way we can go all out with our costumes. So the MNSSHP tickets were booked, hotel booked now just to wait on the flights to be released.

boy.jpg girl.jpg
Can you guess what our costumes will be?!?!? pretty obvious.. I know

I had been stalking the Southwest airlines website for weeks. Finally about a month ago tickets were released! It was like CHRISTMAS MORNING. I booked a flight for first thing Halloween morning. We should be on Disney soil by 10am!

Now the real planning can start!
Oct 30th- Day before the trip!
Since we are leaving so early I wanted to be as close to the airport as possible. My bestie lives 20 min down the road from the airport. So we will be having a "sleep over" there the night before. We planned an early bday dinner that night too. So I can celebrate my bday with her as well. I did invite her on the trip, however she "Doesn't feel the magic" the way I do! A pre bday dinner will do!

bday.png

ME THE NIGHT BEFORE

Oct 31- Travel day and MNSSHP
My travel outfits :
SHIRT.png MICKEY HOODIE.jpg
I need to be a little festive for Halloween. DB probably wouldn't wear anything Disney so I didn't even ask!
We will head to the airport around 5ish.. maybe a little earlier.. flight is at 630. I assume there will be no traffic at that hour and getting through airport security should be a breeze!

Its a quick 2 hours and 50ish minute flight down to Orlando. Hopefully everything goes as planned we will arrive at the aiport at 930. Then catch the magical express to...allstar.png

All star music was not my first choice. With the deals they were offering.. I couldn't say no! When we arrive at the hotel I plan on doing a little exploring and the head to Beaches and Cream for lunch. DB loves ice cream so I am sure he will approve! Once done with lunch I think a little nap will be needed and then it will be time to get all decked out for the party!

We can get into MK at 4pm. I plan on being there at 3:55. Hopefully we can get 3 fast passes?!?! I'm just excited to see what the DB thinks of the park. Once the party starts I think some trick or treating will for sure be in order and enjoy parade/ shows. This will be a new experience for me as well. Anyone have any recommendations for things to try/do at the party?!?! Looking for a good quick serve meal for dinner. Don't want to waste too much time eating.

boo-to-you-skeleton-band-mnsshp-M.jpg

.......to be continued

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter