Not sure if you are looking for a DVC timeshare or a different one, but the Timeshare Store sells DVC and, I think, others.

http://www.dvc-resales.com/

I think they are a sponser of the DVC boards here on the DIS.
HTH!

hello.gif
There's a lot of info about timeshares at www.tug2.net
Here are a couple of DVC resale sites:

www.atimeshare.com
www.dvc-resales.com
www.timesharesbyresale.com

The first two sites also sell other timeshares.
flowerface.gif

Disney is heavily exercising its right of first refusal for DVC right now, and so bargains through the resale market are rare for DVC - which is an expensive timeshare to start with (but there are few timeshares that hold their resale value as well, and no others that have Disney magic or Epcot and MGM within walking distance).

We are DVC members. Bop over to the DVC board. People over there are knowledgable about other timeshares as well.

I bought a DVC resale through the Timeshare store just over two years ago. Got a 460 point contract for Old Key West at $53 a point! It seemed like a good idea at the time and NOW seems like we bought at just the right time. Disney is buying back most contracts under $72 a point or so, rather then letting them get to market.
You MUST understand that there is absolutely no difference whatsoever if you buy resale or retail once you own the points. Buying retail through Disney gives you access to promotions like Magical Beginnings, where they will buy back your first year's points so you don't have to come up with as much money for the downpayment.
There's still a big difference between $72 a point and whatever the current Disney retail rate is ($84 a point?).
Just remember the DVC member mantra: YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH POINTS :D

Others will be cheaper than DVC, however, you're locked into certain weeks of the year. Also, in the 5 years we've owned DVC, ours has actually increased in value. We own two seperate contracts and are seriously considering a third. DVC has done better than the stock market!

Having said that, my sister owns at Marriott's Grande Vista, and my parents have three other Marriott Vacation Club properties. We have neighbors who own at Vistana and the Windham in Kissimmee.

Check out the sites others have mentioned, as well as the DVC board here.

Happy hunting!

I strongly agree that www.tug2.net is a wealth of information. In addition to discussion boards that have pages of good reading, there are articles like Timesharing 101. Please take several months to acquaint yourself with the world of timesharing. There is so much information that will be new and you'll be much happier if you buy what your family truly needs -- or you may decide to rent a few times which is a great idea.

Don't rush into anything. Almost always buy resale. Good Luck.

Our first choice is Vistana and also Marriott Grande Vista Village. I don't think we can afford to buy DVC right now. I think right now I'll do some research for a bit and we'll rent or do a deal next year where you go to a presentation and get to stay for a short time. Is that a good plan? I appreciate you guys sending me the websites that are good for timeshare buyers.

We own a Marriott timeshare in Hilton Head Island. I would look into their resorts in the Orlando area if I were you. They work on seasons, so you aren't locked into a specific week, rather a span of time that you can choose from. The have wonderful spaces and amenities at their timeshares. -HM

By far the cheapest place to buy a timeshare is on ebay. Howver, you must be very careful and know what you are doing. I have purchased 3 via ebay and would be glad to help you. You can email me at dwbarc@aol.com or call me at 901-752-0457.
ttfn
david

Even though you aren't considering DVC, you still might want to post over there. There are a few people (Dean?) who seem very knowledgable about timeshares in general, and they might be able to give you some pointers on the Orlando market.

We looked at both of the newer marriott properties in the area and thought they were very nice.

Good luck!

I don't know if it is the cheapest - but we own timeshare for Hilton Grand Vacations, it is next to Sea World. We have points not a certain week. It is mind boggling, but after 2 stays were're getting the hang of it.

We also got an Amex card through HHonors and collect Credit card points through the year. We were able to cash in our HHonors points for 4 four day Park Hopper Plus tickets (over $780.00) savings to us. The HHonors also lets you cash in for car rentals, or airlines.

We are very happy with this investment. Regardless of what you decide, I consider it an investment and I'm sure you will be happy.

A couple of months ago we were researching timeshares other than DVC. Although DVC is exactly the same whether you buy from DVC or resale, I do not think this is the case with all timeshares. I believe some timeshares lose certain benefits if bought through a resale. I think I remember something about Marriott timeshare where you keep your vacation time but lose the Marriott points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter