~35 days until DIS-CON-II on 12/4/02 with 86++ DISers. Find all info in one place.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

~~~ "What is it?" ~~~

Click here for Official F.A.Q. for 2002 DIS-CON-II by Zarr aka Joe.

"DIS-CON-II"..."DIS-CONvention-II"..."2002 Disney Information Station CONvention-II 'A Gathering of Friends'"...is a paid event...a get together of DISers with one thing in common. Guess what that is? Walt Disney World and everything Disney...lol.

These paid events, listed below under "What is included," are a way to meet and greet each other. Whether it is an opening reception in a convention room, a sit-down, private breakfast or beach dinner just for us, or a closing farewell in a private area. Even a private dessert party in the reserved EPCOT French Island area to watch Illuminations. I imagine that the fees pay for the use of the convention halls, food, service, privacy, exclusiveness without worrying about day to day problems of availability, overcrowding, etc.

DIS-CON-II is basically a "GREET and MEETing." of friends that we have made on the internet DIS-boards.

2002 DIS-CONvention-II is a wonderful gathering of where you may make many "Friends for Life."

Around these paid events, they plan open DIS mini-meets all over Walt Disney World that anyone can attend. A continuation of greet and meets...and laughter...and sighing...and oooouhing and aaaaauhing...and tearing...and hugging.

Click here for link to Patinmn's official list if DIS mini-meets.

Click here for link to Zurg's, color-coded one page list of DIS mini-meets.
Click here for link to RaySharpton's list of "possible" DIS mini-meets and a list of names of DISers going during DIS-CON-II that have told me.
Click here for link to RaySharpton's personal list of DIS mini-meets and itinerary.

~~~ "When is It?: ~~~

The paid events of DIS-CON-II will be held on the days of December 4, 2002, Wednesday through December 8, 2002, Sunday.

A Week-end Plan of paid events has also been offered for December 6-8, 2002.

Click here for link to WebmasterCathyCanada's all-in-one-place DIS-CON-II information.

Click here for link to Disneymad's all-in-one-place DIS-CON-II information.

Click here for link to Mskanga's reasons to go to DIS-CON-II information.

Click here for link to RaySharpton's all-in-one-place DIS-CON-II information besides this one.

Many DISers will arrive before and stay later after DIS-CON-II for more DIS mini-meets, besides the ones that will
be arranged around the "paid" events.

For example...on December 3, 2002, Tuesday evening...a bunch of us have already paid for and reserved a dinner at the WDW Fort Wildrness Campground's Hoop-Dee-Doo Muscical Review. And yet, still other DISers have planned to attend the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and a Chef Mickey's Character Dinner the same night.

Click here to see the official tenative list and how the unofficial DIS mini-meets are arranged around the official DIS-CON-II events by Barb and Patinmn.

~~~ "How much is it?" ~~~

$225.00 per adult.

$215.00 per child.

(Weekend Plan for adult/child is $125.00, See options below for details
click here for link to "pay" for the $125.00 weekend deal.])

I imagine that the fee pays for the tentative DIS events listed below, under "what is included."

Click here, to go to Pete Werner's thread. Scroll down his post until you see the "PayPal" logo. Indicate the number of adults and children that you will be paying for and click the PayPal link.

Great Receipt HINT: You'll get to a point before you say O.K. to everything, when you see this blank area that looks like a subject line. Write down a short note to remind you what you are paying for.

Below that subject line is a larger blank area to put more detailed information, like what you paid, and how many, and for what, etc..

All this information will be sent to you as an e-mail and will be put in your PayPal account that you can access anytime.

~~This link must have accidentally been lost and it takes you to PayPal registration. Please e-mail WebmasterCathyCanada your requests~~Click here, to go to Pete Werner's Registration page to fill in your address, DIS-name and real-name for name tags and registration.

As an option, all paid, "full event" participants can receive a lodging DIS-discount at the beautiful Swan and Dolphin Resort. Nights can be arranged for extra nights at the same price, before and after the convention.

$129.00 plus taxes per night for a standard room.

$164.00 plus taxes per night for a resort view room without a balcony.

$174.00 plus taxes per night for a resort view with a balcony.

If you are a paid DIS-CON-II registrant for the "full" event and you want this deal:

(1). Call : 1-800-227-1500.

(2.) Pick option one.

(3). Identify yourself as a participant at DIS-CON-2 to get the above rates.

~~~ "How to Pay? ~~~

Click here, to go to Pete Werner's thread. Scroll down his post until you see the "PayPal" logo. Indicate the number of adults and children that you will be paying for and click the PayPal link. This is to pay for initial $150.00 deposit out of a total of $225.00 for adults and $215.00 for children for the "Full Event".

Click here, to pay the balance of $75.00 for the adult or $65.00 for a child out of the total $225.00 or $215.00, respectively.

Click here for link to "pay" for the $125.00 weekend week-end deal.

~~~ "Where is it?" ~~~

At Walt Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, Florida just south of Orlando...lol. Most of the meals, reception and farewell will be held at the designated home resort of the beautiful Swan and Dolphin Resort.

If you register for the "full" DIS-CON-II and pay for DIS-CON-II, an option has been made to obtain a room DIScount of $129.00 plus tax per room per night at the convention resort of the beautiful WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort. Or you can make other arrangements on your own.

Lodging, and park tickets are not included in the paid event.

~~~ "What is "included?" ~~~

Originally posted by WebmasterPete

Event activities will include:

- Packet of "goodies" upon arrival (including a new lanyard and a special "surprise")

- Opening night reception with some delicious "made to order" treats and we can share some memories of last year's great get together courtesy of Barry Hom

- Delicious Breakfast Buffet at the Swan Resort's Palio restaurant on the morning of Dec. 5th with a group photo to follow (these will be ready later in the convention for those signed up)
Click here, to see menu.

- A dinner buffet on the the Swan Resort's Lake Terrace outside area where you can mingle and meet more of your DIS friends

- and of course the premier event is the Illuminations Dessert Party at EPCOT's French Island between France and Briton. This was the highlight of last year's convention for me and for many of you, too and we had to include it again this year!

- Farewell Breakfast.

- Lanyard and button with the official DIS Con II logo.

Pete

~~~ "What is the "tentative" Schedule?"

Originally posted by WebmasterCathyCanada
Your ITINERARY!

Ok, it's tentative, but it is a start!!

Wed., Dec. 4/02
11:00 am - 5 pm Registration
7:00 pm - 10 pm Welcome Reception

Thurs., Dec. 5/02
8:00 am - 10 am Breakfast

Fri., Dec. 6/02
Illuminations Dessert Party

Sat., Dec. 7/02
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Group Dinner

Sun., Dec. 8/02
7:00 am - 9 am Continental Breakfast

**Note this is tentative and may have a few surprise additions, but it leaves lots of time for mini-meets! :)

Cathy

~~~ "What is optional?" ~~~

There is not an a la carte option, but on September 20, 2002, WebmasterCathyCanada said that she was working on a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday option.
Click here for link.(10th post down is CC's $125.00 info.)]Click here for link to a quote by Cathy about the $125.00 weekend deal if you missed it.] Click here for link to "pay" for the $125.00 weekend deal if you missed it.] Those that participate in this plan will not be able to take advantage of the special resort room discount...sorry. Click here for link]

The park tickets, and special events like MVMCP and HDDMR and lodging is not included in the event price.

There will be special discounts for full and week-end convention registrants for WDW themepark tickets,
Click here for link].

There are special Swan and Dolphin Resort room deals for those DISers that have paid for the full event DIS-CONvention-II.
Click here for link.

Click here for Official link to $15.00 special transportation from the Orlando Airport to WDW by Andy's FL Tours for full registrants.

Click here for Official link to Official WDW Family Cruise prize offering for full registrants.
Click here for
link to more prizes from Jane's $75.00 "Gift of a Lifetime", and Shirley's "The Perfect Gift"]

All the DIS mini-meets outside the paid DIS-CON-II events are open to everyone.

I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely, RaySharpton :)

This is so nice Ray. It is an all inclusive description, with great links. Thanks!!! I think people who are curious will find this so helpful.

Ray,
I am behind in my reading.

Thanks for doing this! Maybe we should all link to this from the other boards as we push DISCON!

Only 69 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CON-II, and our last count was 86 paid registrants.

67 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CON-II!!!

:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance

wooohoooo...is it here yet????

I am just a wee bit excited again!!!
Can you tell???

Ray it is 4am on Sunday morning...where are you? I want to see another day fall off your countdown... ;) :)

Ok, so I am just a wee bit excited :) ;)

Sorry glo, I just got home from work! I'm excited, too...lol.

Only 66 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CONvention-II A Gathering of Magical Friends!!!

:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance:)Happy Dance

Only 65 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CONvention-II A Gathering of Magical Friends!!!

Ray, you are amazing!! Great job!!

By the way, will you be doing this "Happy Dance" as you put up your balcony Christmas lights in your boxers again this year? For any newbies, this is not free, this is a hard ticket event, see glo for details. :p
CC

Yikes!!! I will be wearing some badshoes this year...lol...no stepping on broken christma light.

And what do you me see glo? I'm going to bring my camera glo...lol.

Only 64 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CONvention-II A Gathering of Magical Friends!!!

See me for details????

Ok, sure...this is a ticketed event....adult entertainment at its best...this year BIG DOG thongs...right Ray??? in lime green even ;)

Be sure to get in on this event soon :)

glo...glo...glo...Big Dogs don't make thongs...lol....and....whewwwwwwww!

By the way, glo. Someone happened to e-mail me an interesting picture of you. Would you like me to post it here?;)

Of me??? You sure it was me?? I have a twin you know ;)
Sure why not.... :p

I don't know about glo, Ray, but I would LOVE to see it!!! :p
CC

Only 63 more days until December 4, 2002 and DIS-CONvention-II A Gathering of Magical Friends!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter