I have one of the old ones. I like it. I guess the pros would include being able to tell what time it is, and the weather/temperature at a glance, being able to sneak peek at texts, it kind of vibrates and makes noise when it is time to turn if you are using the maps. I know it is capable of more, but that is just what I use it for. It is also pretty cool that you can pick different pictures as the face.

As far as cons, I really cannot think of any unless it would be that you have to charge it fairly often. Mine uses about 50% of the charge every day. The good thing is that it charges remarkably quickly. I can put it on the charger when I am getting ready and it will be fully charged by the time I am ready to go.

I had a series 1 and I now have a series 3. I love my Apple watch. The cellular version means I can be untethered from my phone (which I am very grateful for). Pros are being able to see texts, etc on my watch. Having Siri on my watch. I love the steps/exercise stats and I love being able to check my heart rate when I need to. I am doing the free heart study an it's nice to know that if something odd happens (erratic rhythm, etc), I'll know.

Got a second generation. I'm hooked! It tracks your exercise, informs you when it's time for breathing exercises, time to work out a bit more, shows the weather, registers and answers to texts, receives phone calls (and makes them if you have the third gen), has the usual plethora of timers and reminders, tells the time (duh) and more. You can even get Mickey Mouse on it! Mine uses up 50% charge a day but charges very quickly. Very comfortable. Awesome investment. And even IF you don't get an Apple Watch, get one of the rival watches instead. Smart Watches are awesome.

Unfortunately it is an absolute must for me. When series 1 came out I tried using a fit bit. It didn’t work for me so I got a series 1. Two weeks before series 3 came out, my watch face shattered (it shattered because I was out and about in 100 plus degree weather and then the band melted and the watch fell down a canyon) so I was without a watch as I could justify buying a new one when I knew I was getting the cellular version in two weeks. I was lost. It was horrible. I had no idea what my next appointment was,who was calling,where anyone was, I missed a lot of calls. The con is once you get one, you can’t live without it.

We just got one for my 18yo dd who really needs help remembering things. Hoping it works well for her (have to activate it still). She always has her phone on her, so I guess she doesn't need cellular? I mainly got it because it vibrates, so she can't ignore reminders as easily as on her phone (I guess).

I'm a watch guy. I have bought, traded and sold watches for many years. a few years ago I bought my first Apple watch (series 2) and it's been the best watch I have ever owned. Not that it's better than my other watches, it's because of all the information it gives me. I track steps for one and it's great for text messages. The con is now I have a Tag, Omega and Rolex wasting away in my safe.

I’ve had one for over 2 years now and love it. I love being able to use Siri to send text messages or make or receive short phone calls without pulling my phone out, especially while walking. My absolute favourite functions are the workout and activity functions. I’ll use the workout app everyday for my indoor cycle and try to always be vigilant about closing my exercise and move rings. I’ve lost 28 kilograms (over 60 pounds) over the last 10 months and the Apple Watch has definitely been a big contributer.

The only con with mine is that after an update late last year the battery went downhill and doesn’t last a full day. I actually spoke to Apple about it over the weekend and they said to update both my watch and phone and hopefully that will fix it.

I’ve had one for over 2 years now and love it. I love being able to use Siri to send text messages or make or receive short phone calls without pulling my phone out, especially while walking. My absolute favourite functions are the workout and activity functions. I’ll use the workout app everyday for my indoor cycle and try to always be vigilant about closing my exercise and move rings. I’ve lost 28 kilograms (over 60 pounds) over the last 10 months and the Apple Watch has definitely been a big contributer.

The only con with mine is that after an update late last year the battery went downhill and doesn’t last a full day. I actually spoke to Apple about it over the weekend and they said to update both my watch and phone and hopefully that will fix it.
Did the update fix the issue?

I've got a series 3 with cellular and it's great especially if, like me, you think you spend too much time looking at your phone screen. I don't miss any calls or texts or Whatsapp messages or anything like that and depending how you set it up, you can receive twitter, Facebook and Instagram notifications too, and lots of other things but the massive bonus for me is that I don't scroll endlessly on those apps looking at nothing in particular. I get my messages, can respond if necessary and ignore the rest. This was such a time-eater for me and now it isn't, thanks to the watch.

As PPs have said, it's great if you want to be more active at any level and it had definitely encouraged me to be more active, even if that sometimes means just reminding me to stand up every 60 minutes!

The battery life isn't great, it needs recharging every night for the next day, which is fine but not really in line with lots of other wrist technology which seems to go on for days and days without needing recharging. Turning off the heart rate monitor helps with preserving battery life massively, though. That's the only "con" I can think of and it isn't a massive problem or anything.

I've got a series 3 with cellular and it's great especially if, like me, you think you spend too much time looking at your phone screen. I don't miss any calls or texts or Whatsapp messages or anything like that and depending how you set it up, you can receive twitter, Facebook and Instagram notifications too, and lots of other things but the massive bonus for me is that I don't scroll endlessly on those apps looking at nothing in particular. I get my messages, can respond if necessary and ignore the rest. This was such a time-eater for me and now it isn't, thanks to the watch.

As PPs have said, it's great if you want to be more active at any level and it had definitely encouraged me to be more active, even if that sometimes means just reminding me to stand up every 60 minutes!

The battery life isn't great, it needs recharging every night for the next day, which is fine but not really in line with lots of other wrist technology which seems to go on for days and days without needing recharging. Turning off the heart rate monitor helps with preserving battery life massively, though. That's the only "con" I can think of and it isn't a massive problem or anything.
Daily charging isnt the end of the world even though I'd like to see multi day or sleep tracking for heart monitoring but more so want it to last a full day if heavy use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter