• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

39 Days Left: First Trip Ever

I'm really hoping I can grab a reservation that morning for dinnertime.
It sounds like you have a well thought out plan. I think the best advice is to follow your plans loosely so if things get off track you won't freak out. As for the dining reservations at Epcot, people have to cancel the day before so i would actually start looking the morning before and not wait until the day of. I think people might be snagging reservations the day before so if you wait you might not have much to choose from. Also consider the restaurants on the boardwalk area to increase options - it is a nice walk to go via the international gateway over to the board walk.

I would actually consider parking your car and just forgetting about it - take the resort buses, it just helps the feeling of being in the disney bubble and not having to worry about driving to a park - you get dropped off close to the park entrance and you won't have to worry about parking and finding your car at the end of the night.

First, :welcome: to DisBoard posting!

Based on just reading your plans I would not have guessed you were a first timer. I think you have done a great job with your research. With all that you have learned you are ready to have a marvelous 1st visit. And remember to pick up and wear your "1st Visit" pins. You might pick up a little "pixie dust".

Your plan looks good to me. It is good that your third day has a later start. After two busy days you'll probably enjoy the slower morning.

I see the discussion on drive or take the bus. When we stayed on site we would take the bus to the MK. We stayed at the BWI so we would walk to Epcot and HS. But we would drive to the AK. And use the drive back to the resort as an opportunity to hit the grocery store for supplies if necessary.
Wishing you a pixiedust: first visit!

Just wanted to echo that I think you have a good plan - no ruining happening!

I was all set to encourage you to bus to MK, but then I remembered that first entrance... I took a trip a few months ago that was half APers and half first timers. We bussed everywhere - EXCEPT that first trip to the MK. Take the ferry. You'll clear security at the TTC, and then the ferry builds anticipation as you cross seven seas lagoon - briefly see the castle before it disappears again. The design was intentional and, for a first timer, is truly something magical. Once you disembark, it's a quick stop at the tapstiles and then in you go. Yes, overall it's longer than the busses - but there's something to be said for presentation.

(I agree with the pp about the busses and the bubble, though! 50% of the reason we stay onsite is so that we can let Disney do the driving.)

Curious if you plan to experience any of the evening entertainment, and of you envision yourself arriving prior to park opening (referred to as "rope drop" on the boards), and/or stay for evening entertainment. You don' appear to have any rest days (sleep-in, enjoy the pool, etc) and you may get tired and/or just need a "break" from the sensory boverload of the parks.
So my recommendation would be to give some thought to evening entertainment and the hours you plan to be at the parks. Open to close each day is likely unrealistic.

We find early morning rope drop arrival are SO worthwhile, as we walk-on so many things in the first couple hours. And we LOVE evening entertainment. But we can' always do both, and certainly not back to back days.

Thanks for all of the responses!

I think I’m going to plan on driving and taking the ferry for the first MK day, and go from there to decide what to do for the second MK day.

I’d love to go at opening (except HS) and see the evening shows also, so we’ll have to see what our endurance is like. I tried to keep my plans flexible enough for afternoon breaks if we need them.

I really appreciate all of the feedback! I feel much better now! :)

For breaks - you could consider driving to the parks in the AM, but bussing back and forth at noontime. That way you have the stroller option but can skip the car hassle midday :)

I disagree with other posters who say take the bus. I wouldn't ride a WDW bus, I insist on my car...even at MK. Take your car. The monorail/ferry, while it adds a bit of time, is something you and your family should experience. They're neat, and part of the experience for us. Take one on the way in, and the other on the way out. I like having my own personal transportation that I can access whenever I want.
Oh, and HS isn't a half day park if you don't want it to be...even without ToT and RnR. If you see all the shows, you can spend the better part of a full day in there.

Completely agree with this. Drive everywhere including the MK. Ferry/Monorail and even tram part of MK experience. Where else are you going to get a chance to ride a monorail through a hotel? Much more convenient having your own wheels. OP, your plans look fine. You have lot of good rides and meals planned! It's going to be great! :wave:

We have a similar schedule but are going over President's Day week (expecting insane crowds). You have done your research and you will have fun! It is such a fantastic place - my 10 year old is SO excited to go this year. We use Disney transportation instead of driving, but that is because I hate driving (lol). Driving has a lot of advantages, especially with the stroller. We really loved the Sci Fi Dine in for the atmosphere - it was really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter