3rd Trip in 1 Year & MIL's 1st Time!!!

Oh my your days are full! So...if your DH isn't eating the table services with you - where will he eat??

And I LOVE the shirts you made!! I am in the process of ordering tie dye Mickey head shirts from Etsy - I should have had you make some for us, too!! :)

The shirts look great :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm not doing them this year as DD14 has decided she doesn't want them. i miss the fun of making them but I'm fine with not having the added hassle of it too.

We will also be in MK on the 4th - it will be our repeat trip there so it'll be an afternoon to evening visit and I'm hoping to be in downtown disney at some point on the 5th to watch a friends daughter play with her band.

maybe we'll run into you :)

Oh my your days are full! So...if your DH isn't eating the table services with you - where will he eat??

And I LOVE the shirts you made!! I am in the process of ordering tie dye Mickey head shirts from Etsy - I should have had you make some for us, too!! :)

I have scoped out places for him to eat at while we're enjoying our meal. Basically anywhere that serves a grilled cheese or pizza is where he'll be at. I included him in the dessert party even though I'm pretty positive all he's going to eat is vanilla ice cream :confused3 what a waste of money... but I couldn't leave him out of it especially on our first night.

I can't wait to make more of those shirts.. I want to do Christmas ones and other colors. It's a bit of a mess but pretty easy in the end.

The shirts look great :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'm not doing them this year as DD14 has decided she doesn't want them. i miss the fun of making them but I'm fine with not having the added hassle of it too.

We will also be in MK on the 4th - it will be our repeat trip there so it'll be an afternoon to evening visit and I'm hoping to be in downtown disney at some point on the 5th to watch a friends daughter play with her band.

maybe we'll run into you :)

Thanks! Maybe we will run into you! (You know what we'll be wearing... lol)

I feel like I have to fill my schedule with crafts and things to do otherwise I go crazy waiting for our trip to get here. I'm sure someday we'll opt for no shirts and actually wear normal clothes... lol...

LOVE THE SHIRTS!!! I actually just did the same orange ones (not with your names;)) last night for our AK day, for the adults. I used contact paper instead of cardstock. I promise I wasn't copying...just saw this now. I love the easy bleach shirts! I don't have the patience for all the other shirts, but I love seeing pics of others that do have the patience.:rotfl:

And I love that you are a planner. My DH thinks I'm nuts, because I plan every detail and anticipate the trip for months too.

I am totally subbing along! We are actually going down May 4th-May 9th, so not that far off from eachother! We have drove 3 times and didn't mind the drive down, it was the sad drive back home that got to us :worship:

I see your from Manitowoc, I love that area..It's so beautiful there..My family has gone to Village inn on the Lake in Two Rivers since I was 13, we go every year around Labor Day..

Your shirts are awesome!!!! Add that to your list of hobbies/jobs! You could totally open up your own etsy or ebay store!

LOVE THE SHIRTS!!! I actually just did the same orange ones (not with your names;)) last night for our AK day, for the adults. I used contact paper instead of cardstock. I promise I wasn't copying...just saw this now. I love the easy bleach shirts! I don't have the patience for all the other shirts, but I love seeing pics of others that do have the patience.:rotfl:

And I love that you are a planner. My DH thinks I'm nuts, because I plan every detail and anticipate the trip for months too.

Thank you! I should have used contact paper... that would've saved me on screwing up my DS's shirt... lol... I had to redo that one so he has a spare.

My mother in law is sooo happy that I'm planning. She has no idea how MUCH planning I have really done. My husband doesn't understand it either. He just looks at me like I'm crazy. I'd like to see him throw something like this together... lol.

I am totally subbing along! We are actually going down May 4th-May 9th, so not that far off from eachother! We have drove 3 times and didn't mind the drive down, it was the sad drive back home that got to us :worship:

I see your from Manitowoc, I love that area..It's so beautiful there..My family has gone to Village inn on the Lake in Two Rivers since I was 13, we go every year around Labor Day..

Your shirts are awesome!!!! Add that to your list of hobbies/jobs! You could totally open up your own etsy or ebay store!

Yay, welcome! I actually loved driving as well. I am not a fan of flying at all but I got the flights free and I just couldn't say no to having extra time at Disney. I'm already dreading take off :sick:

Wow, what a small world! We go to Village Inn every so often to swim (usually in the winter) I love living in Manitowoc... unless I can talk my husband into moving closer to Disney, we'll be here all our lives... lol

I see you've done a cruise and are set to do another!? How was it? That is on my list of things to do as well. DH needs to be convinced!

I love village inn and its neat to see how much it has really changed over the years..

I hate flying too..I swore I was never flying until my husband decided we would have a great time if we took a trip to Las Vegas, and thats a 4 hour flight! Enter in my xanax pills for anxiety! I too HATE take off, it really freaks me out!
It is easier to fly places and that is why I ended up just sucking it up and fly to Disney as well..With such a long trip driving from here, it is just so much more enjoyable to eat breakfast at home and lunch in Disney on the same day!

We are actually planning to move down to Orlando, hopefully Feb will be the month..My dad is has MS so it all just depends on his condition closer to our move date.

We took a Disney Cruise in 2011 and weren't quite sure how we would like it and now thats all we talk about..Last Nov we did a B2B (meaning we did 2 in a row) and we had a great time..We caught our cruises well in advance and got them both for $2,900..seems like alot but if you figure, thats food and lodging for 3 people for 7 days, its an ok deal..it breaks down to about $135 per person, per day..and that includes shows and all! I am a stay at home mom and my husband works in Law Enforcement so we don't have ALOT of extra money..I too babysit during the week and that money seems to cover our vacations pretty well..lol Your DH would LOVE crusing cause he could have all the grilled cheese, vanilla ice cream and pizza he wants!! ALL THE TIME!

Can't wait to hear more planning! We don't have too many plans for our upcoming trip because we are actually morely going down to look at possible areas and city to consider for our move..

I also keep wanting to tell you how beautiful your little girl is, she seems so precious!

Here is our countdown:
DSC_0169-1.jpg

DSC_0162-1.jpg

Each Mickey head has a sticker or picture behind it so when we take one off, we get a surprise each day. The kids have been taking turns everyday with taking a head off and we're down to 24 Mickey's left today!

We've never done this before but I thought with Dominic getting a bit older, it would help him to talk to people a little more (and it looks like fun!)

I bought a few pin lots off of Ebay (I'm aware of the counterfeits and not really too concerned if they're actually REAL pins)... we got a much better deal this way than having to buy them each in the parks. I have a lanyard for each of the kids and then one for myself and one for DH... he doesn't seem too thrilled about the whole idea so I may just have MIL use his :)

DSC_0393.jpg

I LOOOOOVE to do Disney Movie Nights. I love coming up with the ideas & planning the whole night. The kids enjoy playing games & doing activities... DS will try more foods than DD will but they always look forward to dessert! We had all of the movies we wanted to do on slips of paper and we put them in our Halloween Mickey popcorn bucket. Then we took turns picking one out every week. The last few weeks we've been stepping it up and doing 2-3 movie nights a week! Some weren't even Disney (we did Harry Potter & Beetlejuice). Here are a few pictures from some of the Disney nights we did leading up to this trip:

Peter Pan Night:
DSC_0035-2.jpg

I set up Pixie Hollow in one corner where we could do makeovers:
DSC_0040-1.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0047-2.jpg

We played pin the feather on Peter Pan's hat:
DSC_0069.jpg

and then Captain Hook visited us and left the kids treasure maps on the front porch!
DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

Our Menu & Meal:
DSC_0036-2.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

Incredibles Night:
DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0035-1.jpg

...continued on the next post...

Love the two theme nights you've shown so far :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Looks like the kids had such a great time :)

The lanyards look great too!! I didn't know they had puffle pins!!! They didn't even own Club Penguin the last time we were there and DD LOVES that game and the puffles so I wonder if she'll want some of those.

Pocahontas Night:
DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

Mary Poppins Night:
DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0276-1.jpg

Nightmare Before Christmas Night (DS's FAVE!):
DSC_0310-1.jpg

Cars Movie Night:
DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Toy Story Night:
DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

"Buzz" hid moonrocks all over the house and the kids had to find them. There were Disney candies inside of each one and then they got prizes at the end (Toy Story Mania & a slinky)
DSC_0093.jpg

Mulan Night:
DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0106-1.jpg

We had fortune cookies for dessert. Lucy got "You will drive a fast car someday" and Dominic got "An airplane ride is soon in your future sending you to fun!" SERIOUSLY!? What are the odds?

We did Harry Potter night (I know, not Disney)... I forgot to take a picture of the menu but we had Hogs Head Cornish Balls, Herbology Bites, Olivander's Magic Wands, Magic Beans, Pumpkin Juice & Butterbeer :)
DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0129-1.jpg

DSC_0131-1.jpg

DSC_0126-1.jpg

And finally Star Wars Night:
DSC_0137-1.jpg

DSC_0138.jpg

To do before we leave: The Little Mermaid, Princess & the Frog & Wall-E :)

So I was packing yesterday and DH comes in the room with the boxing mitts on (not literally). He proceeds to throw a fit over our "schedule" for this vacation. Seriously! :confused3 So last night I had to sit down with him to show him that it's really not *that* bad and that we will have a few hours here and there where we can sleep. lol.. then he requests that we make an ADR at the Grand Floridian because he wants to show his mom the resort. Okay... you don't have to twist my leg!

I booked a breakfast for Wednesday 5/9 at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I'm excited because they have Lobster Benedict on the menu and I LOVE that (had it at 1900 Park Fare on our first trip). Of course, this is the morning that I surprise DH with our parasailing adventure so I'm a little worried about eating and then flying 200 feet up in the sky :rolleyes2

Then today I was thinking how much DS and I really enjoyed our breakfast at 'Ohana's on our last trip and I thought I would make an ADR for our last day to surprise the kids with. So that brings us to 14 total ADR's for this trip (yikes! :thumbsup2) and we have a full kitchen in our condo... hmmm... :rolleyes2 I think I have a Disney restaurant addiction.

My boys love pin trading! It's been a fun part of every trip for them.

Your movie nights are fantastic! You should write a book! Seriously...

Just getting caught up on your updates. Your movie nights are awesome! My kids would really want you to be their mom. ;) We have "Disney movie night" every Friday, but not to the extent of yours. Can I hire you?:joker:

Your trip is in no time!!! And 14 ADR's sounds amazing!

Oh my goodness!!! So many theme meals and So much FUN!!!! Your theme nights look GREAT - I got tired just looking at so many. LOL

I wish I had cool mugs like yours for our butterbeer and yours looked more foamy than mine. I wonder what I did differently that mine didn't have as much foam :confused3 Oh well, it was delicious anyway! I can't wait to have the real thing :bitelip:

Glad you were able to calm your DH down. I think my DH would have a fit if we didn't have LOTS of early mornings. LOL DD and I are the ones in the family that need to sleep in but for theme parks we somehow are magically able to wake up early! HAHA

Wow! Reading your posts I realized what a craptastic mom I am. lol Love all the movie nights/fun dinners you have done with your kiddos. I should be more creative.

Love love love the shirts! I think the orange ones are my fav.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter